8 pin din on a Beocenter 7002

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Kornfed
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member
Kornfed posted on Sun, Jun 3 2018 12:03 PM

Yesterday I bought a Beocenter 7002 and I have some questions.

Anyone any idea what this 8 pin din connector is for?

The casetteplayer isn't running. What is the common failure?

thanks,

Hans

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
11,847 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Jun 3 2018 12:50 PM

The cassettedeck will need new belts and idler wheel rubber parts. That's very common.
I can supply both.
If the motor isn't running, check the voltage supply to it.
A good cleaning and lubricating of the mechanicals would also be good.

Martin 

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,964 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Jun 3 2018 1:42 PM

The 8 pin DIn is an add on - you will probably find it plugs in the back somewhere and has been done so you don't have to pull the Beocenter out every time - ? for a working cassette or maybe an MP3 player?

Peter

Kornfed
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member

It comes out of the Beocenter next to the power cable, at the back are no connections.

guess I have to open it to see where it goes.

Kornfed
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member

It comes out of the Beocenter next to the power cable, at the back are no connections.

guess I have to open it to see where it goes.

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
723 Posts
Gold Member

If all eight pins(or recepticals rather)are in place,my guess would be this an adaption for powerlink active speakers?Only one socket as the 'speakers can be daisy chained of course

I've been asked to this on occasion with vintage B&O kit where the owners wanted to use modern active B&O speakers like Beolab 6000/8000.

Works well and the nice  integral amplifier can still be used to drive passives in another room say,controlled by the 'speaker switches.

Nick

Kornfed
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member

Heres is the place the 8 pin is mounted.

So is it for a subwoofer?

I also found the problem with the casette player.

So ordered new ones.

Kornfed
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member

Bad pics.

I'll try again:

So the white tape is the connection of the 8-pin

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
723 Posts
Gold Member

depending upon exactly where the cable is connected,it does seem to be an output rather than an input?

IC2 in your photo is the first stage of the volume control,before the tone controls,where the output would be "flat" without bass or treble boost,so ok fo r say a recorder connection,but prap's not for powerlink or bass bin?

Another clue will be revealed if you open the din connection to see which pins are used?

If the connection is for powerlink,there should be a wire connected to pin 1 to trigger the speaker also.

Nick

SteveKE
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

It may be the DIN input for a CD player as part of kit 8002248 – at least that’s what is is on my Beocenter 7002.

andyboeh
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

I've also got a Beocenter 7002 that has this connector. I remember that it was taken to service for adding a CD input, so this is in our case an input. Most of the time, we used the AUX input on the front instead, though.

Nowadays, I would also like to connect it to an external amplifier. Since it was mentioned in this thread, could you tell me where the required connections have to be made or if there is any additional circuit involved?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL