rated by 0 users
This post has 215 Replies | 5 Followers

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,270
Bronze Member

@ MM

Did the PlayMaker show up in your B&O app? 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,027
Bronze Member

Aussie Michael:

@ MM

Did the PlayMaker show up in your B&O app? 

Sure - but all you can do there is to access the settings of it.

I find it a bit odd, that it is there with the NL-devices.

However, if you ditch the ‘old’ settings app, it will be the only way to get access to it.

I have thought of removing it - and adding it, when I would ever need to change a setting there (not likely to happen).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,479
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sun, Jun 24 2018 10:45 AM

Starts to be annoying, an unannouced automated update on my iPhone which fails to start music my Moment/BV9.

Had to scroll through BW to find out that it’s app related. Luckily the iPad works still though with the 1.8 version.

You need to set your priorities right, functionality above design.

It’s so frustating when you finally have the time to put on some music, you have to struggle for it

M3, M5 and Essence mk2 works well.

Several versions ago I was able to control the volume from the Moment (NL/ML converter-BV9). Lost that too.

Have to find out to disable the automated updates. At least I can then blame myself for choosing to update. Now I can’t return to the working previous version.

I was thinking at first that I had another problem here. Beotool tells me that I own 72! devices. 3 online, 69 offline.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,270
Bronze Member

is the 1.9 beta for the ipad app or is this for an update to other system software say BeoVision? 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,027
Bronze Member

With ‘beta 1.9’ is meant a test version of the Bang & Olufsen app.

MM

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,479
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, Jun 25 2018 11:17 AM

My iPad has 1.8, not updated. iPhone has 1.9013699. iPad still works.

I haven't signed up for betatesting the app. Only for the Moment and others in my network.

Update: iPad now has also the 1.9 version. Therefore not able to use the moment with both iPhone or iPad anymore Sad

So, I can't select any music in any linkroom.

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 192
Bronze Member
MrAndersen replied on Mon, Jun 25 2018 11:33 AM

Update on the Moment issue: We are currently investigating the issue and will update you as soon as we can. What we have found is the following: 

It only occurs when the Moment is integrated with a TV, in this scenario the TV becomes the leader and control is divided between the two. Play/pause goes to the TV, play queue needs to come from the Moment. Horribly complicated

In our tests simply pressing play still works, so we're not able to reproduce exactly what you are describing. We are, however, seeing some issues with the play queue.

We will keep you updated

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,381
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Jun 25 2018 11:42 AM

Thanks

But that combination (Moment integrated with a TV) worked under the previous app version!?

Surely, it should then be possible for the new app to work,  with the same end results, irrespective of how different the current version is engineered?

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 192
Bronze Member

The Moment issue has been found and a new TestFlight build is on it's way. It should be ready as soon as Apple has approved it. 

Regarding the Playmaker, it is for setup only. Since BeoSetup has been shut down the Bang & Olufsen app is the only way to set it up. It might be treated differently in the UI at some point

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,381
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Jun 25 2018 3:07 PM

Thanks for the update - looking forward to the update.

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Lorient - France
Posts 188
Bronze Member
YannChris replied on Mon, Jun 25 2018 8:04 PM

MrAndersen:

The Moment issue has been found and a new TestFlight build is on it's way. It should be ready as soon as Apple has approved it. 

Mr Andersen,

What about the loss of artwork in the app, as described by Mbolo01 and myself?

Kind regards,

Yann.

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 192
Bronze Member

Hi YannChris

We're looking at that as well, a fix for that is not in the testflight currently processing however. 

Br

Thomas

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 192
Bronze Member
MrAndersen replied on Tue, Jun 26 2018 12:40 PM

The testflight is ready for those of you with access. Please let me know if you are still having issues.

Br

Thomas

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 963
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Jun 26 2018 12:56 PM
MrAndersen:

The testflight is ready for those of you with access. Please let me know if you are still having issues.

Br

Thomas

Not available yet in TestFlight from my side

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5, TR1

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 192
Bronze Member

I got a mail saying it was ready, but online it is still waiting?? Sorry for the confusion, you should get a notification when it is there. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,027
Bronze Member

Also not by me - but I haven’t got the Moment, so no hurry here.

MM

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 963
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Jun 26 2018 3:17 PM
Millemissen:

but I haven’t got the Moment, so no hurry here.

But we all know that regression testing is a must with this app .... remember a design change + a few bug fixes have seriously impacted the integrated Moments! We need you MM