rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 1 Follower

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
922 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo posted on Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:55 PM

Mates,

I have a BV9 currently, not an ACM model.  Absolutely no complaints about it.  In fact, the contrary

I still very much enjoy it.

However, I need a new tele for the master bedroom.  Currently have  a 3rd party panel there.  Was considering purchasing a BV11-55 for the main room and relocating the BV9 to the master bedroom.

I know the obvious advantages of 3d and SmartTV. . i fear that the sound of the BV11 will be inferior. . 

I have the BV9 connected to beolab 5s and beolab 3s and fear that the bv11 would not be able to keep up.. . 

My other concern is that I won't see a substantial 'gain' in purchasing this new set. . 

thoughts?

All Replies

Borjal84
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member

PS4 will support 4K video, but not 4K game:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1361519771

If Sony 4K 84" tv cost 25,000€, B&O 4K tv will cost more than 100,000€.

BeoDane
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

I absolutely agree with moxxey on this one. 4K and 8K is the next "3D" of the TV manufactures, desperately trying to create a need for something new. Infrastructure is hardly, or just, catching up with HD and not at all ready for even more bandwidth. Content is what determines a success in that respect.

Just my 2 cents

Electrified
Top 500 Contributor
212 Posts
Bronze Member

4k, even if upsampling from 1080p makes for a prettier picture on larger sized screens.

It is for this reason I don't own a large 1080 tv. I don't see the point of having to see the individual pixels after a certain diagonal size (which, of course will vary, depending on distance and eye sight).

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL