Beomaster 7000, Beolink Converter and Beolab 2000

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

LFCdenmark
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
LFCdenmark posted on Sun, May 13 2018 7:47 PM

I'm trying to setup our linksystem. Previously our Beovision Avant controlled our link system but that doesn't work anymore ... How do I connect these 3 products so we can use our link speakers again?

Beomaster 7000:

Do I use TV/AUX (7 pins) as output connection?

Or Power Link 1 or 2 (8 pins)?

Beolink Converter:

Do I use either Audio Aux Link (7 pins) or Power Link (8 pins)?

All Replies

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Shropshire
1,261 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, May 13 2018 8:22 PM

Good evening and welcome to Beoworld!

If you have speakers (active or passive) connected directly to the Beomaster, then simply connect the BM7000's TV/AUX socket to the BL Converter's Audio Aux Link socket with a 7 pin DIN to DIN lead.  You don't need to connect the Power Link sockets unless the BM7000 is connected to speakers via a TV in the same room.

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Shropshire
1,261 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, May 13 2018 8:23 PM

And the BM7000 needs to be in A.OPT 1 or 2 ( it may have been set to A.OPT 0 when used with the TV)

LFCdenmark
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have now tried to reconnect the Beolink Converter to TV/AUX and updated the Beomaster 7000 setting to option 1 (used a Beolink 1000, pressed Sound + 1 + Store) but I still can't "start" my Beolab 2000. I have tried to press to buttons directly on Beolab 2000, tried to turn on the radio with my Beolink 1000 by pressing either Radio or Link + Radio but all with the same result: Nothing happens.

Any other ideas?

Or should I start all over again by reassembling all link cables from scratch? Though they used to work flawless (when used with our old Beovision Avant).

PS: Our Beolab 4000 setup in another link room have the same problem as the Beolab 2000. They don't start either.

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
748 Posts
Bronze Member

unplug all the components from the mains

make al the connections between the BM7000 and the T1611 (speakers connected to the BM7000 - only the Datalink cable otherwise the Datalink and Powerlink cable)

make the ML connection between the T1611 and the BL2000 / Beolink active (I presume) with the BL4000.

plug the the BM7000, the Beolink active (I presume) with the BL4000 and the BL2000 the the mains

and as last: plug the Beolink converter (T1611 or T1614)  to the mains (essential)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL