Beovision Avant 55 mk1 screen fault

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 47 Replies | 2 Followers

Beofan25
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Beofan25 posted on Sun, Apr 15 2018 4:36 AM

Hi, my beovisuon avant- screen has suddenly stopped working. It just shows a purpley distorted screen. Menus don’t come up. Does any one know what I can do about this? I have tried turning off and on but that does not work. I can not access the menus to do any kind of reset.

thanks!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Antonysoc
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Antonysoc

Hi Daniel, Sorry to hear your tv has gone wrong. Mine got fixed last week and it’s working again. The engineer knew exactly what to do, verified the fault, opened the back panels, took out the faulty board (the main board actually) and replaced with a new one, put the wires, screws, etc. in place and the tv is fine again. It happened during the 6 year warranty so no cost to me. I hope the new board is more reliable than the old one as the warranty runs out next year.

Antonysoc
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Antonysoc

Hi Daniel,

I think the normal warranty is 3 years but the previous owner extended it to 6 years and I bought it used from Acoustic Boutique. They provided rapid service - all sorted in 2 weeks when the screen went blotchy.

You could explain to B&O that this is quality control issue with the DVE board in the Series 1 Avant which is known to go faulty after 5 to 6 years and should be replaced with a more reliable board. 

On a similar issue my 2006 Honda Accord had a cracked exhaust manifold as it was welded together and Honda replaced it free of charge with a one piece manifold 2 years ago although it had done 100,000 miles, as a goodwill gesture.

If B&O take pride in their products like Honda they might do the same.

All the best, Antony 

All Replies

OlivierC
Top 500 Contributor
103 Posts
Bronze Member
OlivierC replied on Fri, Jul 24 2020 10:11 PM
My understanding is that all the Avant MK1, regardless of the size, might be affected by that issue, not the 55” only.

Correct?

Olivier
Antonysoc
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, I think it’s the same board which can go wrong in the different Avants.

OlivierC:
My understanding is that all the Avant MK1, regardless of the size, might be affected by that issue, not the 55” only.

Correct?

Olivier

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
102 Posts
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Sat, Oct 24 2020 8:03 AM

Oh well mine went the same way yesterday :-(

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,601 Posts
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Sat, Oct 24 2020 2:25 PM

benjnz:

Oh well mine went the same way yesterday :-(

Oh, sorry to hear!

Mine is now repaired and work like a charm. The DVE had to be replaced. Took over a month for delivery in these COVID 19 days. Total cost was 1300 euros, but to my big surprise the home insurance covered it. Unfortunately I lost all recordings on my hard disc, as the TV appear as a new set. Lost many great games recorded with my favourite team.

val3rie
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
val3rie replied on Sun, Mar 21 2021 11:22 AM

Hi, my parents Beovision Avant 4K tv has also a similar problem. Since one month the screen got all rose/pink patern. The resailer couldn't give them a date of repairment, but i'm worried about the cost, since the tv is out of warrenty, it was bought in 2015.

How can they avoid paying, since this issue seems to be often happening to this tv model?

It should be covered by B&O themselves

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,889 Posts
Bronze Member

val3rie:

Hi, my parents Beovision Avant 4K tv has also a similar problem. Since one month the screen got all rose/pink patern. The resailer couldn't give them a date of repairment, but i'm worried about the cost, since the tv is out of warrenty, it was bought in 2015.

How can they avoid paying, since this issue seems to be often happening to this tv model?

It should be covered by B&O themselves

You can’t avoid paying, since the tv is out of warranty (unless you have a really (!) good relationship to your dealer).

However, though expensive (costs will depend on where you are located), you may concider it worth it.

The alternative would be to throw the Avant away, buy something much more expensive from B&O.....or go for something cheaper non-B&O ;-(

N.B. Yes, you will have to wait a while for this replacement board - but your dealer should exactly know how high the costs are.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

val3rie
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok too bad that B&O doesn't get more in consideration the costs for a recurrent problem.

I'm in France, i'll try to reach out the mother home here and discuss this, because it's cleary not right for clients to have to pay for this problem..especially for such a high price product

Antonysoc
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry to hear of your problems.

My Beovision 55 inch Avant TV has gone wrong 3 times in the last year So I doubt I’ll buy B&O in the future. Last July 2020  the DVE failed and it was replaced under warranty - fortunately I had a 6 year warranty.

Last month the motor which drives the tv and speakers went wrong and also replaced under warranty which expired in February 2021.

Now the screen has gone blotchy and grey again - need another DVE although it was replaced in July 2020. At least the warranty on it is still valid as it only lasted 8 months before failing. I have wait over a month for the new DVE though.

My old Toshiba tv which cost a fraction of the B&O tv is working fine after 12 years.

Is it my bad luck or is there a quality control issue?

val3rie
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

wow! that's crazy. 3 times you have problem + the new card from last year already have dead??

There's cleary big problems going on with this tv model...How did you do to get 6 years warrenty? it's usually 3 years..

You know apparently B&O TVs use LG screens, so maybe there's not that great quality if they use other party screens..

Antonysoc
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, my 55 inch Avant tv has gone wrong 3 times in the last 8 months. Now waiting for a new DVE.

I bought it used in 2018 but the previous owner had extended the warranty from 3 years to 6 years. I think you have to pay for it.

Fortunately all the problems happened within the 6 years but if anything else goes wrong I’ll have a big useless tv. 
Any repair work they do will still have a one year warranty.

Beouser66
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member

In avant and all earlier model 32<= they use samsung lcd panels and , but the panels have nothing to do with this failure

VE / mainboard is NOT a part of the lcd screen

Pat
Top 500 Contributor
143 Posts
Bronze Member
Pat replied on Thu, Mar 25 2021 7:13 AM
OlivierC:

Correct?

Olivier

You’re correct but it happens mainly on the 55’s due to the lack of ventilation - the bigger ones have more space inside and give better air circulation. The heat is the problem, it kills the fragile electronics.
Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,601 Posts
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Thu, Mar 25 2021 12:41 PM

Pat:
OlivierC:

Correct?

Olivier

You’re correct but it happens mainly on the 55’s due to the lack of ventilation - the bigger ones have more space inside and give better air circulation. The heat is the problem, it kills the fragile electronics.

Mine Avant 55 is placed so we never see the backside of it. So I removed the covering plates for better ventilation. We’re now planning a new location, and if needed the plates will be back on again.

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,601 Posts
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Thu, Mar 25 2021 12:41 PM
Double post
benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
102 Posts
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Thu, Mar 25 2021 3:56 PM

That sounds like a good idea and I'll do the same. I'm still waiting for mine to get fixed, talk about a long covid wait, but I'm down for the repair next week, so fingers crossed after 5 months I can finally relax again on the living room sofas! Yes - thumbs up

Page 3 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL