Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beocenter 9300 - Questions & Advice

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Beiber39
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member
Beiber39 posted on Mon, Apr 9 2018 1:26 PM

Hi,

couple of things please.

1 - I don't have a remote control with my new Beocenter 9300 but see plenty to buy second hand on the web - If I buy one will it work out of the box, no configuration issues or licensing? Just add batteries and away it goes?

2 - Is it best to leave the Beocenter 9300 in power standby or switch the power on and off as I use it? Just wondering if the power supply may pop due to age with switching it on and off on a regular basis.

Thanks, only had it 2 days and just making sure I treat it with respect.

All Replies

Greg
Not Ranked
Berne
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) Greg replied on Mon, Apr 9 2018 3:12 PM
Suggested by Greg

Hi Beiber39,

1 - There is no use of any configuration or adjustments in order to bring the remote control to work. The remote will send the comand and the infrared receiver on the Beocenter 9300 will interprete and excecute the comand, cool isn't it. Yes, it will work out of the box. Prerequisits: Remote control is working, batteries are ok, infrared receiver on Beocenter 9300 is working.

2 - I suggest to leave it in standby, when you use it on a regulare basis. If you are away for a longer period of time (over the weekend or longer) I would switch it of and on again, when you will be back.

Best regards, Greg

Beiber39
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Greg, looks like I will get a remote control unit.

trackbeo
Top 500 Contributor
264 Posts
Bronze Member

If the power supply would fail going on and off, then it's not long before you would have had to repair it anyway.  I would leave it powered on standby for the same reason I would NOT bother buying a remote: The beauty of the thing is walking up to it and merely pressing on a magic glass surface!  That said, the only AV equipment in my house that ever failed after nearby lightning strikes were my BeoCenter 9500 and another B&O product.  Get a tiny, cheap single-outlet surge protector.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL