Beovox M150 woofers 'dead'.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 0 Followers

kimberley
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Silver Member
kimberley posted on Sat, Apr 7 2018 10:16 PM

My old pair of M150s have returned from loan to a 'friend'. I knew the woofers needed re-foaming, but have also found that they are 'open circuit'. On both speakers the mid-range & tweeters are working, but both woofers are 'dead'.

I have removed one from the cabinet (not easy to separate the baffle from the cabinet!) and the resistance across the woofer terminals is infinity. 

Can anything be done? It seems surprising if my 'friend' burnt out both voice coils  - and I thought there was a protection circuit, too - but before I give myself another hernia removing the other baffle, I'd like to know if it's worth the effort, or whether the speakers are 'landfill'.

A shame if they are, as the cabinets & other drivers seem in good condition.

All Replies

kimberley
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Silver Member

I shouldn't be 'plugging' my eBay listing here, but I'll point out that the Sonabs are space-efficient because the design required them to be hard up against the wall, and the PMCs are very small.

My wall-papered stands are my contribution to domestic harmony. Much admired by visitors.

The M150s are of course a different matter when it comes to staying married. They are big, heavy and uncompromising on their stands. Can't be disguised as anything, but with working woofers they did sound very good indeed. Very much of their time, when Hi-Fi was something to be proud of.

Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL