Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Eclipse: No sound when listening to Deezer or networked NAS (hardware problem or software problem?)

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
215 Posts
Silver Member
Martin posted on Thu, Apr 5 2018 1:19 PM

Hi,

After recent software upgrade I have a serious problem when listening to Deezer or using my connected NAS with the B&O-app.

Some times I get no (2.0-channel) sound at all. When I go into the "sound-info"-menu I says 0.0 (sound input) when i should say 2.0.

So the inbuilt streaming function in the soundcenter dont send out any sound. When this happens I must put the power off and I have also made a "factory-reset" of the sound center. But it happens again. Some times it works several days but suddenly the sound stops coming and the "sound-info"-menu in the TV says 0.0 (=no sound input to the soundcenter at all!),.

Have anyone had this problem when listening to music with deezer or a NAS with the B&O-app?

I am afraid that there is some issue with the soundcenter. My dealer had not heard any problem like this before.

Best Regards
Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 5 front (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3 rear, 2xBeoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

All Replies

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
533 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Apr 13 2018 7:36 PM

Moifou:
i was Eclipse user for 3 months. But after constant issue with stability and sound issues i decided to return it back. 

To offer an alternative experience, I've also owned my Eclipse for about 3-4 months, and this is the first issue that I've had with it, and it's happened once, and I'm having a difficult time making it happen again.  We like it very much.  It's the first new B&O product I've bought in a while that doesn't make me feel like a "beta-tester".

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
455 Posts
Gold Member
Moifou:

Honestly i really don’t understand the level of masochism I had. Spend 10000 euros on a TV that requires constant updates. Hangs crashes and support just acknowledge receival of email. I am used to a different premium products customer service...but no more new BO products until company gets back on track of making premium products and premium support

Lol i do, Iam in my last two weeks of make or break for them and then Iam 7 months in. And that is truely my cut off pointNo - thumbs down

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
215 Posts
Silver Member
Martin replied on Mon, Apr 16 2018 12:41 PM

Hi,

I got the "sound-problem" back yesterday afternoon. When should start Deezer with the BO-app then NO SOUND. I looked at the sound menu in the TV and it says: SOUNDINPUT 0.0 and SOUNDOUTPUT 2.0.

So the soundcenter DO have a softwarebug that make the sound dissapear when starting up the TV. There is no problem when it works from start. BUT it happens random some times when I start up the TV with the B&O-app (Deezer or "Music" with my NAS).

I have tried to figure out if there is something I do that is wrong. But I can not see anything I do that is wrong.

I have made 3 factory reset last week and pulled out and in the powersocket 5 times last two weeks. When this problem occur then it does not go "back" so there is sound when playing Deezer or "music".

Best Regards
Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 5 front (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3 rear, 2xBeoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
533 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Mon, Apr 23 2018 5:05 PM

I received an email a few days ago from BeoCare indicating this problem will be fixed in a software release "very soon".

Stan

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
215 Posts
Silver Member
Martin replied on Mon, Apr 23 2018 8:27 PM

Hi Stan, I have also got this answer from Beocare. Right now I have no sound at all when listening to Deezer and I dont want to do anymore factory resets. I am hoping for a fix this week.

Martin

BeoET
Top 500 Contributor
73 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoET replied on Mon, Apr 23 2018 9:52 PM

I hope the new sw fixes our “No picture” / black screen as well, though I’m worried that it don’t. I got a message from B&O customer service saying that they couldn’t help me with the black screen error, and that I needed to contact our local B&O dealer. He will come home to us on Friday. 

BV Eclipse 65, BV5, BS Core, BL5, BL8000, BS9000, Beolit 12, A1, A2, P2, H8, H9i, H7, E8

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
215 Posts
Silver Member
Martin replied on Fri, May 11 2018 9:04 AM

I still have problems with "No sound when listening to Deezer or NAS".

Last week I have to do 2 factory resets to make it work again!!!!

I also got a message from Beocare that says that the software fix will come within 2 weeks.

It has now gone two months since this problem occured. I bought my Eclipse 29th of January and it worked perfect in one month. In the beginning of March a new software came (1.4.xxxx) and then this ussue occoured. Since I listen to Deezer (thru the B&O-app) and my NAS very much (every day) this is a great problem. I hope they fix this problem soon!!!!

/Martin

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
533 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, May 11 2018 7:47 PM

I got an email from BeoCare last week that said in part:

"I can inform you that we have released a service software (1.5.21241)  which we believe will resolve the issue you describe. I thus kindly refer you to contact your Bang & Olufsen dealer"

I haven't had a chance to contact my dealer, and I'm a little hesitant to try a software upgrade that doesn't seem to be widely released yet.

Stan

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
215 Posts
Silver Member
Martin replied on Sat, May 12 2018 9:40 PM

Hi Stan,

I check with my dealer regarding this service software. I maybe try it.

/Martin

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
215 Posts
Silver Member
Martin replied on Tue, May 15 2018 4:58 AM

Hi Stan,

I got yesterday the new software 1.5.2141 to my Eclipse. So far it works very good and no problems yet regarding not geting any sound when starting Deezer or NAS MUSIC.

There are some new features how to re-arrange the Sources for the Tv-Button and MUSIC-Button for Beoremote one.

Best Regards

Martin

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
215 Posts
Silver Member
Martin replied on Tue, May 15 2018 4:58 AM

Hi Stan,

I got yesterday the new software 1.5.2141 to my Eclipse. So far it works very good and no problems yet regarding not geting any sound when starting Deezer or NAS MUSIC.

There are some new features how to re-arrange the Sources for the Tv-Button and MUSIC-Button for Beoremote one.

Best Regards

Martin

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
533 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Wed, May 16 2018 3:21 AM

Thanks Martin.  I guess I will give it a try, too.

Stan

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL