rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 1 Follower

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,173 Posts
Bronze Member
koning posted on Sat, Mar 24 2018 9:36 AM

Been told that B&O is working on a new audio system.

@Roger is this true

All Replies

gbs_32
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
gbs_32 replied on Sat, Mar 24 2018 9:51 AM

Would be great if it was a standalone SoundCentre

Fansastic
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
235 Posts
Bronze Member
Moment 2.0 please...

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,213 Posts
Bronze Member
Hope they’ve got Lyle on the case.

He has a great IP now.

I wonder if they will use the core as the “sound heart”
Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
417 Posts
Bronze Member

Well I'm guessing Geoff Martin isn't doing all those error correction blogs on Ear-fluff and Belly-buttons for nothing?

Hoping for the best...and the best

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
195 Posts
Bronze Member

koning:

@Roger is this true

Can't see a business reason to do this. From BS 9000 to BS4 to BS 5 to Encore to Moment, there is no reason to believe the next one would be anything but worse. Unless, of course, the Moment 2 comes in seasonal colors. 

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
195 Posts
Bronze Member

koning:

@Roger is this true

Can't see a business reason to do this. From BS 9000 to BS4 to BS 5 to Encore to Moment, there is no reason to believe the next one would be anything but worse. Unless, of course, the Moment 2 comes in seasonal colors. 

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,173 Posts
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Mar 24 2018 2:01 PM

Maybe on a new platform

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,355 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Mar 24 2018 2:09 PM

poodleboy:

koning:

@Roger is this true

No doubt it'll come in a variety of ever changing colors, and some of them will be found to have pigments that interfere with the already spotty wifi...

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
577 Posts
Silver Member
If it combines the looks of the older Beosounds and has the bullet proof phenomenal software of Roonlabs, I might consider it but if I can get a used Mac Mini and a lifetime Roon subscription for less than a £1k, I would struggle to justify the larger figure B&O would charge for it. I can’t see this ever happening in any case. B&O can’t even get basic software and GUIs right and this if this persists, it will be the death of them. Nope, I’ll stick with a Mac Mini running Roon into my BL90s.
Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
417 Posts
Bronze Member

seethroughyou:
If it combines the looks of the older Beosounds and has the bullet proof phenomenal software of Roonlabs, I might consider it but if I can get a used Mac Mini and a lifetime Roon subscription for less than a £1k, I would struggle to justify the larger figure B&O would charge for it. I can’t see this ever happening in any case. B&O can’t even get basic software and GUIs right and this if this persists, it will be the death of them. Nope, I’ll stick with a Mac Mini running Roon into my BL90s.

We will see. If they are pulling something together, I am sort of anticipating with all the GM Blog posts on EF&C, B&O could be going over the top in State of the Art processing.

This effort will then be totally wrecked by a software GUI fail and other experiences that are either last decade or one of those good but never mass-adopted platforms like Betamax et all. 

My guess if any development is being done, they are re-engineering an Aurilic platform (I have stated this before) but they have got to be so careful how this is presented or the moment of euphoria will be shorter than that of the Moment

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
195 Posts
Bronze Member

Mr 10Percent:

seethroughyou:

We will see. If they are pulling something together, I am sort of anticipating with all the GM Blog posts on EF&C, B&O could be going over the top in State of the Art processing.

This effort will then be totally wrecked by a software GUI fail and other experiences that are either last decade or one of those good but never mass-adopted platforms like Betamax et all. 

My guess if any development is being done, they are re-engineering an Aurilic platform (I have stated this before) but they have got to be so careful how this is presented or the moment of euphoria will be shorter than that of the Moment

Reading all of this suggests that B&O's best way forward is to let Geoff Martin select the best product for sale, have the designers draw a beautiful box to put it in, and let marketing pick the colors. Just don't touch ANYTHING electrical. The Chinese will produce it all for nothing and do big profits for the 10 shareholders. In fact, one day they might report a black number. 

Pat
Not Ranked
62 Posts
Bronze Member
Pat replied on Sun, Mar 25 2018 2:03 PM
New hifi - Core NG 😀
Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL