rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Tavast
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
Tavast posted on Tue, Mar 20 2018 7:28 AM

Hello,

Help.. What are your suggestions now when I cannot connect Spotify devices (including WinPC, Mac, Android phone) to my Besound Essence anymore? 

Situation is annoying as I recently setup a pair of Beolab 9's, BL12-2's and BL19 and all I can do now is to listen to radio..Angry !

I guess some options could be to try to upload older versions of Spotify, switch to iTunes etc.

But let me know, have you had the same problem and what have you done personally?

Many many thanks, everyone!

Listening music with Beosound Core, Beolab 9s, Beolab 12-2s, Beolab 19, Beosystem 1

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,476 Posts
Bronze Member

Tavast:

and all I can do now is to listen to radio..Angry !

Seems that you don’t use iOS on your phone/tablet!

Otherweise you could airplay Spotify to your Essence.

The other option would be to connect a ChromeCast Audio dongle to the line input of the Essence.

Since this has autosense it will turn on the Essence/connected speakers, when you start casting to the dongle.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
255 Posts
Bronze Member

Since last week I no longer get TuneIn Radio on my 2 x Essence 1. I can stream it and Spotify via Airplay. The B&O app or remote controller turns on the speakers and shows playing and volume, but no sound comes out. Any ideas or is this now dropped. Thank you. 

Tavast
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
Tavast replied on Wed, Mar 21 2018 8:15 AM

Hey, Millemissen

Big hand again for your help!

Big Smile

I found the Airplay after fiddling with the iPad for some time. Now, also Spotify Connect has found the Essence. This helped a lot!!

Essence MK1 still keeps losing the remote controls ca. once a month, so I have to say that my experience with the Essence has been somewhat disappointing. Well, I keep investigating and stay in touch with the dealer too. Perhaps MK2 might help...

Listening music with Beosound Core, Beolab 9s, Beolab 12-2s, Beolab 19, Beosystem 1

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,894 Posts
Bronze Member

Try playing a song from Spotify through your Essences Spotify connect.

It shows up, but you can't play through it.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,476 Posts
Bronze Member

No of course not - no support for Connect there.

But from the Spotify app you can easily cast to any ChromeCast device....

....which is the reason for my advice to add a CC-Audio dongle to the Essence 1st gen.

P.S. Connect is fine as ever on the 2nd gen Essence

MM

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,894 Posts
Bronze Member

Very lucky for Mk2-owners that the hardware upgrade providing multiroom just happens to be compatible with the new Spotify connect protocol.

It is utter BS that the MK1 can't be upgraded. It is a cost issue, and they simply chose to make the product obsolete. 

Tavast
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
Tavast replied on Wed, Mar 21 2018 1:43 PM

Hello,

For some reason I can see the connect and use it on my Essence MK1. Huh?

But, yes, having said that, I am also disappointed in the lack of support and problems with my MK1 (the device was even exchanged last year), as other Bluetooth and network drops still occur.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,894 Posts
Bronze Member

Where are you located? I wonder if it is possible that Spotifyis using the old connect version somewhere based on geo?

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
255 Posts
Bronze Member

poodleboy:

Since last week I no longer get TuneIn Radio on my 2 x Essence 1. I can stream it and Spotify via Airplay. The B&O app or remote controller turns on the speakers and shows playing and volume, but no sound comes out. Any ideas or is this now dropped. Thank you. 

And then, without a hint, TuneIn appeared this morning on the Essence 1. Perhaps the Jacks in the Green paid a visit. 

Tavast
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
Tavast replied on Thu, Mar 22 2018 7:13 AM

Hei, myös Helsingissä!

In iPad's  Spotify Connect I can see 'Lisää laitteita' and when I click that I can see Essence and I am able to connect.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,476 Posts
Bronze Member

So where is the problem?

The Essence MK1 supports Spotify Connect and has also TuneIn built-in.......if I understand the latest postings right - or?

MM

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,562 Posts
Founder

An inside(look) of the difference between the 2 versions. Just a glance at the pictures gives you the idea why both don't have the same software.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,562 Posts
Founder

Comparison between both at the sockets.

Tavast
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
Tavast replied on Fri, Mar 23 2018 12:55 PM

Well, to MM

At the moment, as I found the Airplay and was able to 'map' again the Essence, I can find it also on Spotify Connect. Thanks to your advice.

However, Android phone does not find it, and there are continuous problems with bluetooth remotes and also if I want to use RCA's I get a terrible hissing sound that cannot be right. All this is reported to the local dealer, let's see what they come up with. Perhaps MK2 could help, maybe not.. 

Essence is essentially a lovely product, but too many hassles for years that I have owned it and this doesn't make justice for B&O.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL