rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
Posts 117
Gold Member
Kromer Posted: Sat, Mar 10 2018 11:27 PM
A little while ago I picked up an old Master de luxe 608 tv, to me a good looking cabinet with an old tv inside. I loved the design but as I had absolutely no use for it, nor am I very interested in old tv’s, I started to see if any other fellow enthusiast nearby were interested. As it turned out they weren’t really... in the meantime I had grown increasingly tired of my av9000 and was looking for a replacement beovision. So i decided to use the old Master deluxe cabinet as the base for a new beovision. I say beovision because it seems that’s what you call a 3rd party screen with B&o Sound Whistle

So putting all sentimentality aside I stripped the cabinet of tv and speaker, leaving only the on/off buttons and the eye protecting 1cm contrast glass screen. I then wen’t to the local store and found the tv that fit the best inside it and found some things that could be used for the project.

So I went with a 24” Samsung Led (original crt was 23”), a Beocenter 2300, speaker from av9000, amp and crossover from a Beolab 4500. Took the Beocenter apart and started fitting the different things.

I kept the old on/off button and kept it’s function as Master switch. Next up was supplying the center speaker with a mono signal. I thought I’ld take the simple Way and just make a pl cable with a summed mono signal. Did this with 2 470 ohm resistors on left and right before joining them.

Next up was the remote, as you can’t operate a beovision with 2 remotes. So I ordered a rmb4 Samsung tv module for a Beo4. It has an option where it sends tv commands to tv and Sound commands to B&o a.master and turne them on/off simultaneously. Easy enough fit and works just like promised.

So now I have a working prototype, as it still needs some finishing touches. Sound is just great from the av9000 speaker Big Smile

I will post updates as I get closer to a finished tv.

Mikipidia
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 384
Gold Member
Mikipidia replied on Sun, Mar 11 2018 12:03 AM
What a cool project, i really like it! Keep us updated Big Smile

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

valve1
Top 50 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,441
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Sun, Mar 11 2018 7:24 AM

Great idea, well done !

Daniel
Top 50 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,513
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Sun, Mar 11 2018 7:50 AM

Excellent work! I just love it!

Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
Posts 117
Gold Member
Kromer replied on Sun, Mar 11 2018 8:58 AM

Thanks guys. First up is to modify a mk2 pl cable instead of a mk3. Line sense on the amp is ok but not smooth enough.

Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
Posts 117
Gold Member
Kromer replied on Sun, Mar 11 2018 6:34 PM
So I got a little further today. I made a mono mk2 PL cable, much better Wink I also made a better fitting veener below the screen, though it’s still not teak. A better view of the bc2300 lower display, just so i can see source, volume, settings etc.

And the old PS3 and wii are in place on the shelve, with a place to store controller and other small things.

And finally an old telescopic v-antenna seemed like the only appropriate antenna. Just had to make a base for it, but it looks ok and it works

So apart from a piece of teak instead of mahogany below the screen I think that’s it. A little moveable tv with B&o design, Sound and control. Just needs a mains plug to work, and ekstra speakers can easily be added. It was a fun little project and I’m happy with the result Smile

I must admit I’m very impressed with the OneRemote module for the beo4, it just works smoothly and has access to almost all features of the tv with simple and clear instructions.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,392
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Mon, Mar 12 2018 6:28 AM
Amazing. Well done.

And nice slippers too, perfect match with the set !
Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
Posts 117
Gold Member
Kromer replied on Mon, Mar 12 2018 11:17 AM

Well spotted! I have no Idea how they got there Embarrassed

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 742
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Tue, Mar 13 2018 10:42 AM

Fantastic, absolutely love it - I have my BV8 in a repro louis XV cabinet made by either Philips or Dynatron - enough room for a DVD1 and V8000 as well as the TV - but it is nowhere near as finished or professional looking as yours so I am inspired to add the finishing touches like a back to the cabinet this year.

Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
Posts 117
Gold Member
Kromer replied on Tue, Mar 13 2018 9:27 PM

That sounds like a pretty cool mix Andrew. May I suggest that with two that different designs - I see curves and curved legs and some sort of decoration/carvings against the strikingly clean and contemporary design of the bv8 - I wouldn’t try to integrate them too much, rather let them stand out and highlight eachother if that makes sense? Be sure to post some pictures.

Fidse
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 168
Bronze Member
Fidse replied on Sat, Mar 17 2018 10:00 PM
Nørj hvor er det flot!

Too bad they don’t make OLED’s that small tho’ Stick out tongue
Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
Posts 117
Gold Member
Kromer replied on Sat, Mar 31 2018 12:51 PM
I’m working on a small addition to the tv. I recently acquired a rondstraler, which I really love the design and tech. of. I currently don’t have any music system where it would fit in but I think that simply placing it on the tv is a good choice and would let it serve it’s purpose?

The units seem to be in very good condition so a clean up and a new cap it should be good to go.

One question; Should I connect it directly to the amp or aften the crossover?

Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
Posts 117
Gold Member
Kromer replied on Fri, Apr 6 2018 8:17 PM
Rondstraler is now ready Big Smile took a bit of patience to clean up the bottom tweeter though, after 60 years of dust and grease.

The brass is very easy to polish as it’s solid except for the mesh. I still haven’t heard it with the tv but I will play around with it later this weekend. It should be okay directly to the amp as it has a built in crossover and is 8 ohm but I’ll see how it sounds best.

Here it is in place. Out of curiosity; was it ever suggested as an addition to the tv’s or were the broadcast sound quality so low that it wouldn’t make sense?

Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
Posts 117
Gold Member
Kromer replied on Sat, Apr 7 2018 12:35 AM
Okay, so the I have connected the rondstraler and it’s working well. I connected it in series with the av9000 speaker. The rondstraler has 2x8ohm units connected in parallel making it a 4ohm speaker if I have understood correctly. I’m not sure about the impedance of the av9000 speaker, but If it is 8 ohm then connecting it in parallel with the rondstraler would give an impedance at the amp of 3 ohm, I think? Which is a not ideal for an 8ohm amp.

Anyway it has improved the sound so speak doesn’t seem to come from the floor but the high tones are a little too dominant. I hope i can find a good balance.
Fidse
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 168
Bronze Member
Fidse replied on Sat, Apr 7 2018 7:56 PM
Wauw that looks amazing! Hook it up with a CC audio, and you’ve got yourself a fab looking, Brass Tone M5 Big Smile
Fidse
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 168
Bronze Member
Fidse replied on Sat, Apr 7 2018 7:58 PM
The rondstraler looks absolutely amazing. But would a BL 7-1 fit behind the original “speaker fret” ?
Kromer
Top 500 Contributor
Randers, Denmark
Posts 117
Gold Member
Kromer replied on Sat, Apr 7 2018 9:14 PM
Hehe yes, it’s a nice little thing, certainly not as bass heavy as an m5 as it’s just an external tweeter Wink no, unfortunately the 7-1 is a good 35-40 cm too long. Stereo would be nice though.
BEOVOX141
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 260
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Sat, Apr 7 2018 10:24 PM

Kromer:
unfortunately the 7-1 is a good 35-40 cm too long. Stereo would be nice though.

Hint,- as long as you maintain the volume, you can decide the dimension of a built-in BL7-1, I am assuming you won't lose the wooden grill of your gem Smile

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL