Beoplay A9 vs Beolab 9

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
220 Posts
Silver Member
Beosince98 posted on Thu, Mar 8 2018 8:53 PM

I want to upgrade the speakers in my dining room (about 45m^2). I was thinking of getting either the Beoplay A9 mk2 or a pair of Beolab 9. What would you choose? Is there anyone who has both and compare the sound quality?

Thank you for your help!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,024 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) moxxey replied on Fri, Mar 9 2018 10:00 AM
Verified by Beosince98

Beosince98:

I want to upgrade the speakers in my dining room (about 45m^2). I was thinking of getting either the Beoplay A9 mk2 or a pair of Beolab 9. What would you choose? Is there anyone who has both and compare the sound quality?

I've owned both (I had two BL9 pairs at one point) and would go for the A9 every time. Cheaper, one of the best audio systems I've ever experienced (mine is in my office!) and you won't regret it.

All Replies

Pat
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
Pat replied on Thu, Mar 8 2018 9:13 PM
BeoLab 9
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,133 Posts
Bronze Member

The A9 is not a speaker - it is an audiosystem (with a built-in speaker system).

The BL9’s will need some kind of audiosystem as a source connected via PowerLink.

Two different breeds of ‘soundgiving devices’.

It would depend very much on the purpose of use, installation in the room (stereo separation wanted, or not important).....etc, which one is best for you.

I can’t answer that question!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
647 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
I can’t answer that question!

Fortunately for you, I can! BeoLab 9s by a million miles! To compare these two products is madness. The BeoLab 9s are a far superior speaker in terms of sound quality. All the best, Simon. 

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,329 Posts
Gold Member
Bl9 for sure, if the setup/price is somewhat of a non issue. Maybe ad a bs9k, never had one but iam still partial to the looks of this setup Stick out tongue

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
579 Posts
Bronze Member

I have the A9 Mk2 and it’s fantastic for my living room of similar size. What I like is that you can change its placement and it is also a sound system, so less cables and all. Great sound and you never fully turn it up as it would be far too loud.

That said, I completely agree two great speakers like Beolab 9 will give you another step up in sound quality and stereo separation, no doubt. If I would have a fixed place for two Beolabs I would also go for them. However, I don’t spend much time anymore in dedicated music listening so I prefer the convenience of A9.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,024 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) moxxey replied on Fri, Mar 9 2018 10:00 AM
Verified by Beosince98

Beosince98:

I've owned both (I had two BL9 pairs at one point) and would go for the A9 every time. Cheaper, one of the best audio systems I've ever experienced (mine is in my office!) and you won't regret it.

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
220 Posts
Silver Member

Thank you for all your replies. Some more information:

- I currently have a pair of BL6000 in the living room, but they just don't do it for me sound wise 

- I have cables coming from my Beovision to the living room. However, I would want to get the core/essence to have the multiform functionality, which hs build in the Beoplay A9

- Soundwise I think the Beolab 9 are superior. However, the living room is more of an "easy listening" space.

- The ability to easily move the Beoplay A9 would come in handy as I could move it to my garden just outside my living room

Seeing all these points, I think I will go for the Beoplay A9?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Which BeoVision do you have ?

Does it provide a level of music source so no need for Core ?

If you have to go Core and 2xBL9 then given your desire for flexibility I think your analysis is correct: get the A9 !

BeoNut since '75

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
220 Posts
Silver Member

elephant:
Which BeoVision do you have ?

Does it provide a level of music source so no need for Core ?

If you have to go Core and 2xBL9 then given your desire for flexibility I think your analysis is correct: get the A9 !

I have the Beovision Avant 55

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL