rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Barnetto
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
Barnetto posted on Tue, Feb 13 2018 7:01 PM

Hi

Before I spring for an Eclipse, can anyone confirm or otherwise that the UK sets can be used to receive satellite TV in the UK?

if so, is it integrated with the EPG, hard disk recording options?

thanks

Scott

Beolab 18 (oak, white and walnut), Beolab 19 (white), Beolab 17 (aluminium), Beovision Eclipse 55, Beoplay E8 (charcoal sand), Beoplay H9i (black), a house full of Sonos, Synology NAS, Spotify user.  

All Replies

Maarten
Not Ranked
Germany
8 Posts
Bronze Member

It should (famous last words)!

I have got a ‘Dutch’ Eclipse and during setup I was pleasantly surprised it recognised Freesat.

The EPG and recording  also works.

Maarten

Maarten
Not Ranked
Germany
8 Posts
Bronze Member

It should (famous last words)!

I have got a ‘Dutch’ Eclipse and during setup I was pleasantly surprised it recognised Freesat.

The EPG and recording  also works.

Maarten

Barnetto
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
Barnetto replied on Tue, Feb 20 2018 10:20 PM

Awesome thanks! I'll let you know!

Beolab 18 (oak, white and walnut), Beolab 19 (white), Beolab 17 (aluminium), Beovision Eclipse 55, Beoplay E8 (charcoal sand), Beoplay H9i (black), a house full of Sonos, Synology NAS, Spotify user.  

BAND'OH!
Top 150 Contributor
546 Posts
Bronze Member
BAND'OH! replied on Tue, Feb 20 2018 11:17 PM

If you are considering buying an Eclipse in the UK I suggest calling Bang & Olufsen of Bristol to check their price first. I recently drove past the store and noticed 50% sale stickers plastered all over the showroom windows. I've never heard of B&O offering a 50% discount before so maybe this is a sign of the times with another store closing, who knows? Worth calling ahead though to see if the 50% offer is on all products across the board.

Funny thing is, I am currently in the market for a new tv and used to love Bang & Olufsen but even at 50% off I still can't see the value in an Eclipse or pretty much any other product in the current B&O portfolio, but that's just me. Shame really.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL