Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
162 Posts
Bronze Member
Henrik posted on Fri, Feb 9 2018 8:50 PM

Hi! I've got a question for you experienced BS9000-guys:

I'm wondering whether I should buy a defective BS9000 mk3. I'm trying to figure out what it will take to get it to run, and if it's worth it.

According to the seller, it is physically/cosmetically in very good condition. Sometimes he gets it to play CDs, he says. However, more often when he starts it, it seems to get caught in some kind of lock/reset loop.

Does anybody have experience with this? Does it sound familiar? And if so, is it difficult to repair?

Thanks!

-h.

All Replies

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
513 Posts
Gold Member

It could be a nightmare,but it depends upon how much you can buy it for.Most of the parts are still available for the Mk111 too.

There is indeed a "service loop" around the various stages of the machine,designed to sense problem's,but it can be confused by something as simple as dirt on the back of the glass door or on the "finger safety"sensors on the top deck.

You'll probably need to quiz the seller more to ascertain the background of the machine.For instance,has it suffered a major power outage or lightning type power surge at any stage?

Super machine,well worth a tinker with at the right price?

Nick

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
162 Posts
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Sun, Feb 11 2018 8:50 PM

Thanks for the reply, Nick! The seller believes that he has narrowed the error down to condensers in the power supply, he says. I have no electronics background, so I can't tell myself whether this sounds plausible or not. Opinions? I tried to check ebay for a new beosound 9000 power supply, but didn't exactly get any wiser. Looks like he's probably selling to somebody who is willing to give more for it than me anyway. Would be fun, though.

-h.

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
513 Posts
Gold Member

The power supply as culprit is plausible of course,but I've found them to be pretty reliable so far.

Certainly as you say you have no electronics expertise,it would be risky,as you'd need to involve someone to help you with the repair,so costing would be open ended?

Probably best to let this one go,and look out for another,they are often available.

Regards,

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL