End of Moment

rated by 0 users
This post has 28 Replies | 2 Followers

EgonOlsen
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
EgonOlsen Posted: Wed, Feb 7 2018 12:16 PM
On the german BO website is only the core in Audiosystems section.

No Beosound Moment. It is a shame.
koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,061
Bronze Member
koning replied on Wed, Feb 7 2018 12:44 PM

Soundquality core is not good.

Better buy a bluesound note II

stampfki
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Silver Member

koning:

Essence any better?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,661
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Feb 8 2018 8:57 PM
Sad but no news.

Funny that pictures of the Moment still appear under sound systems when you look at the site using a phone:

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/collection/sound-systems

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,061
Bronze Member
koning replied on Thu, Feb 8 2018 9:21 PM

nope...go for the bluesound

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 506
Bronze Member
Try Roonlabs to DAC or speaker.
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 2,704
Bronze Member
koning:

I thought the core was better cos it can do hi res now ?
koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,061
Bronze Member
koning replied on Fri, Feb 9 2018 6:45 PM

Sounds terrible...but thats mine opinion

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,819
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Feb 9 2018 6:55 PM

Aussie Michael:
koning:

I thought the core was better cos it can do hi res now ?

Doesn't mean it sounds good. Transparent digital to analog conversion is a commodity these days, you have to work to screw it up (as some "high end" products do). Doesn't mean the analog output stages are worth a damn though, which is where most problems lurk.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

chucky
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Gold Member
chucky replied on Fri, Feb 9 2018 9:11 PM
Bluesound, coold be nice but how to integrate with speakers on your BV.

I do not always want different sources, when I am in the bathroom it is nice to hear the news on the tv from a link room or master.

Is there a workaround than Koning? And I just have my gateway installed, well it hangs and I can play some sourcesSmile

Hoor graag,

Groet,

chucky

From Beovision to doorbel...all B&O what rings.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,061
Bronze Member
koning replied on Fri, Feb 9 2018 11:37 PM

I don't know chucky,i use the beosound node stand alone

Ulrike
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 1:30 AM

Edit

EgonOlsen
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Bronze Member
EgonOlsen replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 7:47 AM
It is not about sound or quality. It‘s about the last music system by bo is gone. And this is a shame.
seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 506
Bronze Member
EgonOlsen:

It is not about sound or quality. It‘s about the last music system by bo is gone. And this is a shame.

I appreciate what you’re saying and it is very sad but if I am brutally honest using the logical part of my head over my heart, the Beosound Moment has been nothing but a resounding nightmare of a product. It has been plagued from the very start by appalling software and even in the last few weeks it is faltering. Basically, it hasn’t been reliable or a pleasant experience. I shall be glad to see the end of it. Even the dealers have advised me away from it in 2017.
Steph
Top 75 Contributor
France
Posts 959
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 11:47 AM

Really a shame, yes.

The concept of the Moment was great. An all-in-one sound system.

And now, no more true BeoSound in the range... I feel sad.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
Posts 1,086
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 12:45 PM

I feel that same sadness. Tired of waiting for the 2.2 to come out of beta, I used the beta 2.2 for one week. It was a disaster. It seems there are now new problems with the 2.2 software that cause the soundheart and jukebox to lose connection and make it impossible to get into the settings menu by removing the back panel. I've been advised that the public 2.2 release that was expected in a few weeks is now off because of these new problems. I was also advised that 2.1 does NOT support Deezer Lossless. I had to downgrade back to 2.1 to be able to use the Moment. So now I'm stuck with constant DLNA harvesting and no Deezer Lossless support -- with no hope in sight.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,061
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 1:40 PM

Double post

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,061
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 1:40 PM

Dvd1 beovision 14 moment beosound 3 etc etc..

Premium price for rubish

David
Not Ranked
Manchester
Posts 16
Bronze Member
David replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 2:01 PM

Hey guys,

I have a Beosound Moment. It works mostly really well and did play FLAC until recently. I notice when I play my speakers without the Moment I get FLAC quality sound, but when I add the Moment it no longer plays the higher quality sound. Is there a way to roll back the update you guys mention that cause this? I just don't want to pay Deezer for a service I now no longer get.

Thanks for your help.

David

BEOVOX141
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 185
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Sat, Feb 10 2018 5:41 PM

Like any other app-based piece of electronics, it shone for a brief "Moment" before departing into the vast "made in China" landfill...

Three years from cradle to grave.

Ulrike
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Sun, Feb 11 2018 10:33 AM

David:

Hey guys,

I have a Beosound Moment. It works mostly really well and did play FLAC until recently. I notice when I play my speakers without the Moment I get FLAC quality sound, but when I add the Moment it no longer plays the higher quality sound. Is there a way to roll back the update you guys mention that cause this? I just don't want to pay Deezer for a service I now no longer get.

Thanks for your help.

David

David, ask the customer service for a roll back to your last firmware version working:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

mbolo01
Top 150 Contributor
FRANCE
Posts 600
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Feb 11 2018 2:12 PM
my Moment is doing its job and meets my expectations. There are still some pending adjustments but the 2.2 has all I need:

* I have the control over DLNA harvesting

* The MoodWheel is positively surprising me by its track selections

* Deezer FLAC is managed as expected

* coupled with a TR1 I can enjoy my BL18/19 with my Moment, my Pro-Ject turntable and my Samsung Frame TV

* multiroom works like charm with my other BeoPlay devices

* Lyle and the B&O team are still on board and responsive

Hopefully I’ll enjoy the Moment for many years.

BS Moment, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
Posts 1,086
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Feb 11 2018 4:54 PM

Ulrike:

David:

Hey guys,

Thanks for your help.

David

David, ask the customer service for a roll back to your last firmware version working:

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The rollback will revert to 2.1 which does not support Deezer FLAC - this has been confirmed by Lyle. Only the 2.2 beta supports Deezer FLAC.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
Posts 1,086
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Feb 11 2018 4:59 PM

mbolo01:
my Moment is doing its job and meets my expectations. There are still some pending adjustments but the 2.2 has all I need:

* I have the control over DLNA harvesting

* The MoodWheel is positively surprising me by its track selections

* Deezer FLAC is managed as expected

* coupled with a TR1 I can enjoy my BL18/19 with my Moment, my Pro-Ject turntable and my Samsung Frame TV

* multiroom works like charm with my other BeoPlay devices

* Lyle and the B&O team are still on board and responsive

Hopefully I’ll enjoy the Moment for many years.

Lyle and Martin have confirmed that multiple beta testers are now reporting major problems and that the public release of the beta is now being pushed back again. It seems to be an issue with conflicts between the 2.2 and the BLC, resulting in loss of DLNA server, disconnections between the sound heart and the jukebox, and the inability to get into the setup menu even when removing the back socket panel.

mbolo01
Top 150 Contributor
FRANCE
Posts 600
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Feb 11 2018 5:18 PM
beojeff:

multiple beta testers are now reporting major problems

I’m touching wood then!

BS Moment, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

Thomas
Not Ranked
Cologne
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Thomas replied on Sun, Feb 11 2018 6:20 PM

Does that mean there is no B&O product anymore that is "tangible"? All are to be hidden away to be only operated by a phone app, and some (the loudspeakers) you can at least watch and listen to?

But no B&O that you would actually interact with or touch with your hand to operate?

Thomas

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
Posts 1,086
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Feb 11 2018 6:26 PM

My big concern here is that B&O invested much time into this product, has STILL not been able to achieve a stable 2.2 for all users after well over half a year, and has now discontinued the product completely after a (relatively for B&O) short lifespan that never achieved its promised functionality. I do not consider a beta that never become public to count as achieving ANY such functionality. At what point will B&O just stop applying resources to the beta and cease all development of the beta completely and leave purchasers out in the cold? As an attorney, I can see the elements for a class action lawsuit if this happens.

BEOVOX141
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark, West
Posts 185
Bronze Member
BEOVOX141 replied on Sun, Feb 11 2018 7:31 PM

@Thomas

That my friend,- is the right question! (I Robot quote)

Unfortunately, the answer is most likely,- Yes!

And remember the most important part of the interaction, was the visual feedback, the magical mechanical features and most of all a design that seemed to defy the very fabric of time.

laseralex
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
laseralex replied on Mon, Feb 12 2018 2:45 AM

Thomas:

Does that mean there is no B&O product anymore that is "tangible"? All are to be hidden away to be only operated by a phone app, and some (the loudspeakers) you can at least watch and listen to?

But no B&O that you would actually interact with or touch with your hand to operate?

I think the Essence Remote will still be made - it is listed on the web page for the Core.  Current firmware releases are FINALLY working well with these remote, and I adore them.  I have 7 remotes for 6 devices,  including one linked to the M5 in my bathroom that I allows me to control it from within the shower.  It's not a full replacement for the graphical interface of the Moment, but at least it is a physical control.

The hands-on interface of the Essence Remote is what convinced me to buy my first Essence, and the vastly better experience of using the remote versus needing my phone for control is what got me to buy 3 more Essences, a Moment, and an M5.  The hands-on user interface of the Essence Remote is honestly the only thing that separates them from the hundreds (thousands?) of other streaming boxes out there.

-Alex

Page 1 of 1 (29 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL