Essence won`t accept Spotify connect

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 35 Replies | 3 Followers

___
Top 50 Contributor
1,912 Posts
Bronze Member
___ posted on Sun, Feb 4 2018 1:59 PM

My Essence has stopped accepting Spotify connect. The Essence shows in the app, but when I press it, it will not change the output to the Essence. I did a reset on the Essence, no help.

Any ideas?

All Replies

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,295 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Fri, Feb 23 2018 6:33 PM
I’m using a ChromeCast dongle connected to my BS5 and the sound quality is really very good. Same tracks played on ripped CDs vs ChromeCast simply sound the same.
Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
128 Posts
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Fri, Feb 23 2018 7:06 PM

BEOVOX141:

At its price point the Chromecast Audio is  in a league of its own!

A well designed, capable piece of hardware, WIFI complete with diversity antennas, built in DAC, and even the option to add your personal flavor of religion : simply pick you own DAC  (properly at ten time the price of the CCA)

And why there is no driver available to add it to the mixer in windows is beyond me.

..well actually, not really. If its free,- you're the product Sad 

True.

And updated regularly. Working flawlessly if implemented correctly into the software of a streaming service. Depends on the streaming service you're choosing.

For windows ... Wink maybe for the same reason windows sound mixer disappeared? Maybe. Just my guess, to make it more difficult to capture audio.

In case you are interested ... or wanting to improve your computer's sound quality by an external sound card:

https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hifi/dac/da300usb

Not the best but really good. Cheap on eBay, used.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

@ Ulrike.

Thanks,- But I already have an iFi Nano, which I am totally in love with. 

Its small, can run on the internal battery pack, handles DSD, DSX and everything else you throw at it.

Not as many features as the Denon though.

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
154 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Fri, Feb 23 2018 10:42 PM

I’ve just installed a Chromecast Audio in the back compartment of the A9, and so far I’ve fully satisfied with the sound quality. Turning on full dynamic range really means a lot. It’s noticeable right away. 

The only down sides so far are the volume control. You need to adjust the volume on both the A9 and in the Spotify app. And you can’t control the volume from the lock screen. This makes it a bit more anoying to change the volume. Turning the volume to max and the A9 doesn’t seem like a solution, as even the lowest setting in the app is quite loud compared to the volume settings using Spotify Connect. I feel like the lowest setting is too high and the increments are to large. 

But the Chromecast has turned my A9 from worthless (for my use) to something I can enjoy again. 

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mki (w/ Chromecast Audio), H2, H3, H8.

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
128 Posts
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Sat, Feb 24 2018 10:43 AM

Mikael:

The only down sides so far are the volume control. You need to adjust the volume on both the A9 and in the Spotify app. And you can’t control the volume from the lock screen. This makes it a bit more anoying to change the volume. Turning the volume to max and the A9 doesn’t seem like a solution, as even the lowest setting in the app is quite loud compared to the volume settings using Spotify Connect. I feel like the lowest setting is too high and the increments are to large.  

Mikael,

that's good news.

Some adjustments hopefully making things more comfortable for you:

I'm an Android user only and can't tell about IOS, here's what I'm doing with my Galaxy Note 8.

Open your phone's settings.

Turn on notifications for Spotify app, and also turn on notifications for Spotify app for the lock screen.

Step 1 - Settings --> Notifications --> Turn on notifications for Spotify (or other)

Step 2 - Settings --> Lock screen & Security --> Notifications on lock screen --> turn on notifications for Spotify.

Open B&O app -> A9 -> Configure -> Info -> Status -> IP adress of your A9 -> copy IP

Open your phone's browser, paste the A9 IP adress, open the website.

Next -> Configure -> Sound -> open Volume Control.

Now you can make some adjustments:

Adjust Standard Volume loudness and also adjust Maximum Volume loudness. Save settings. 

NOW PUT A SHORTCUT TO THIS WEBSITE ON YOUR PHONE'S HOMESCREEN. Add a name for shortcut.

(It should be easy now to adjust volumes in Spotify only.)

Me, I have made shortcuts also for other adjustments in the browser.

Nearly never using the B&O app.

Hope it works for you,  I made some screenshots, following ...

@all

Have a nice weekend!

Ulrike

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
128 Posts
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Sat, Feb 24 2018 10:47 AM

Page 3 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL