Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Richard
Not Ranked
Warwick
11 Posts
Bronze Member
Richard posted on Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:11 PM

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I have a projector 'plus u5 132' and i would like to hook this up to my beovision 7 32 mk3. I understand that there is a vga projector input and i have located it. My problem is once i go into the connections and navigate to projectors there are some projectors listed but not mine. My question is how do i get the beovision / beo 4 to recognise my projector and how do i add the function to my beo 4? I read somewhere about add - format then press '0' but this doesn't produce a picture.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,326 Posts
Founder
Verified by Richard

Can you choose a generic projector with the resolution of your choice?

Try to change the projector hertz from 50 to 60 or vice versa to improve quality as well.

I use a Beosystem 3 with a projector (well, removed the Beovision 4-50 display and run it with projector only).

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 8000 (Fronts and Rears) and Beolab 2. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket with Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all White)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Roger
Top 150 Contributor
Norway
396 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Roger replied on Fri, Feb 2 2018 8:57 AM
Verified by Richard

You may also consider a route that I went down: use a DVD player with dual HDMI outputs (such as the OPPO series), one HDMI going to the TV and the other to the projector. Then you mute the picture on the TV, or set the OPPO do only distribute sound on one of the HDMI's - several roads to Rome.

Roger

All Replies

Richard
Not Ranked
Warwick
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Update, i have managed to get a picture and sound by pressing 'format and 0' on the beo 4. Not sure why it didn't work before.

But, i am still stuck with the choice of a few pre installed projectors. When i choose through them they all show different quality pictures through my projector but all of them are of pretty poor quality.

Do you know if there is any way i can add my projector to the beovision so as to get the best quality of picture when projecting onto the the big motorised screen that i have..?

At the moment i am seeing little point playing dvd's through the beovision as the loss of visual quality makes them pretty much unwatchable.

Especially when going from the projected image back to the beo's lcd 32 inch display which is fantastic. I know i will lose a lot of quality by projecting but surely not this much considering the projector i have is quite good.

Any help would be appreciated.

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,326 Posts
Founder
Verified by Richard

Can you choose a generic projector with the resolution of your choice?

Try to change the projector hertz from 50 to 60 or vice versa to improve quality as well.

I use a Beosystem 3 with a projector (well, removed the Beovision 4-50 display and run it with projector only).

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 8000 (Fronts and Rears) and Beolab 2. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket with Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all White)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Roger
Top 150 Contributor
Norway
396 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Roger replied on Fri, Feb 2 2018 8:57 AM
Verified by Richard

You may also consider a route that I went down: use a DVD player with dual HDMI outputs (such as the OPPO series), one HDMI going to the TV and the other to the projector. Then you mute the picture on the TV, or set the OPPO do only distribute sound on one of the HDMI's - several roads to Rome.

Roger

Richard
Not Ranked
Warwick
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Ralf, thanks for the advise, i will give it a go.

Richard
Not Ranked
Warwick
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Roger, thanks for this. If all else fails i'll give it a go.

Pretty lo-fi. Got a bose 321 gs series 2 dvd player but doesn't have hdmi. Jusr s-video which is poor quality and composite, not tried the composit yet as the imac seem to project well and takes a similar amount of power!

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL