New TV 2018?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 1 Follower

bonbonhm
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
bonbonhm posted on Thu, Feb 1 2018 3:51 PM

Does anyone know if new TV will be released this year? Thanks.

All Replies

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
393 Posts
Bronze Member
No new TVs I was told
beolion
Top 200 Contributor
314 Posts
Silver Member
A panel update to Eclipse is probably the only one I guess.
Roger
Top 150 Contributor
Norway
396 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Fri, Feb 2 2018 8:47 AM

By B&O's definition, a year ends prior to Summer - they think in financial years. The rumor for a release late this year (Q4-2018) is not likely IMHO, I would guess early 2019. But if they were to develop and contract a 77" OLED now it would be a big risk given the price point a year down the road: Where I'm at, an LG 55" OLED is now 20.000 DKK and the 77" LG OLED is approx. 200.000 DKK.

If you place your orders now (B&O to LG), a 77" OLED would have to cost the same as 1x Eclipse 55 + 2x Eclipse 65 I guess. That's a hard sell, no matter how you look at it a year down the road. An releasing the current 77" OLED panel at the same time as the CES 2019 - where they will most likely introduce a new 77" OLED panel... at least they got the timing right for the 55" and 65" Eclipse, and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried the same with a bigger screen.

The dealers are hoping for a new TV that's less expensive than the Eclipse, to keep their income up and their store in business.

If you're looking at buying a new TV, I guess now is a good time - the trade-in campaign for the Eclipse will run till the new panel arrives at the end of the financial year. You can check out the reviews for the new panel online (CES 2018) and decide if waiting is worth it.

Roger

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,112 Posts
Bronze Member

No news about the Audio department?

Roger
Top 150 Contributor
Norway
396 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Fri, Feb 2 2018 9:10 AM

@koning - no, and this is more concerning than the video part in my mind... The new B&O audio system to rule them all seems to be the Core. So we may see it integrated into more speakers - no need to have a plastic box add-on (Core) to systems like BeoLab 18 and BeoLab 50 when a BS1/2 speaker can do without design wise? B&O may even take their audio portfolio to the webshop, so no longer limiting web sales to the Play-range.

Roger

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
269 Posts
Bronze Member

"Old panel" save 10.000kr. and get the tv now,

Or wait 4 month, get the newest and pay more,

I need to think.

Roger you talked earlier about a software update plan for the Eclipse late january, heard anything?

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Roger
Top 150 Contributor
Norway
396 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Fri, Feb 2 2018 3:41 PM

@emil:

The Version 3.60.30 was released on January 30th, and solves the following issues:

1. HDR function does not work on YouTube
2. Lip sync issue when streaming 
3. Netflix: voice is played back as a machine sound 
4. TV cannot play FLAC files from NAS via DLNA
5. After a reset to default, pairing screen shown before SoundCenter is ready to pair

"The wait 4 months" will depend upon how fast the current stock will sell out. I should be very careful here, but if you look at the serial numbers of any Eclipse delivered now and cross check it with any other products serial number you will see what I am hinting at: it could be more than 4 months to wait.

Roger

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
269 Posts
Bronze Member

But could it be less?

It also depends wether the eclipse will be updated with the Alfa 9 processor and WEB OS 4

Because if not, there is not much difference between 2017 vs 2018 panels, to say none it seems.

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL