rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 37 Replies | 4 Followers

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member
DavidSJones76 posted on Thu, Feb 1 2018 1:13 PM

Hey guys,

I have had several B&O and Beoplay speakers for a couple of months now. I have a Beosound 2, a Beosound 1, 3 x Beoplay A6, 2 x Beoplay M5 and 2 x Beoplay M3. I have them mostly in my living room with a couple of the other speakers throughout my house.

The problem I have is that almost everyday, I cannot get the speakers to all play together. Sometimes when I connect all of the speakers together using the app they all play together as expected, but most of the time they play then a speaker will stop then reconnect or they will all take it in turns to stop then reconnect. The worst part is that they sometimes don't even play in sync, so its like a massive echo going on.

When they work, I absolutely love the speakers, but I just cannot get them to play multi-room most of the time. Also, sometimes even when I play just one speaker it keeps cutting out. 

I have tried many solutions such as turning off chrome cast or having chrome cast on. I have tried airplay too, but they keep having the same issues. I have tried 3 different routers and modems. I have even changed supplier for my internet. Nothing seems to work.

I have also set all speakers on a stable router channel (channel 11) with a static IP address. I have also set all the speakers to have priority over the internet bandwidth. 

I just cannot get the speakers to work as sold. Factory resetting, switching the speakers off and on again, and rebooting the internet does nothing either.

Could someone please help me sort this issue please?

Thank you in advance for any support your give.

David

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
736 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by DavidSJones76
Did you try temporarily wired set-up? I had problems with Multiroom with my Moment which was the only device that was in Wifi mode. Despite strong wifi network I encountered fall out and sync problems. After reconnecting LAN (over powerline), all works well again. Maybe the total traffic for all devices over wifi is to heavy in your case.

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
736 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by DavidSJones76
Did you try temporarily wired set-up? I had problems with Multiroom with my Moment which was the only device that was in Wifi mode. Despite strong wifi network I encountered fall out and sync problems. After reconnecting LAN (over powerline), all works well again. Maybe the total traffic for all devices over wifi is to heavy in your case.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,868 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Feb 1 2018 4:51 PM
Difficult to advice...

I have BS1, M5 and A6 (plus Moment) trough out the house.

Used to have some issues, but after adding two accesspoints (connected to my router), one on each floor, everything works perfect.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. I've not tried power lining my speakers, so I will try that next. I have them spread out so its going to be a pain plugging in multiple power line adapters, but I really want to sort this. 

I forgot to add that I also have a moment too. That is fine on wifi and I don't get cut outs on that. I just don't get why the speakers do when I have an excellent connection to them according to the information on the network.

Like I say i'll try the power lining next to see if that works. The only thing with that is, the M3 speakers don't have an ethernet port, so they will have to stay wireless.  Hopefully, it won't matter too much as they are closest to the router. 

Thanks again guys

David

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. I've not tried power lining my speakers, so I will try that next. I have them spread out so its going to be a pain plugging in multiple power line adapters, but I really want to sort this. 

I forgot to add that I also have a moment too. That is fine on wifi and I don't get cut outs on that. I just don't get why the speakers do when I have an excellent connection to them according to the information on the network.

Like I say i'll try the power lining next to see if that works. The only thing with that is, the M3 speakers don't have an ethernet port, so they will have to stay wireless.  Hopefully, it won't matter too much as they are closest to the router. 

Thanks again guys

David

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
736 Posts
Gold Member
DavidSJones76:

Hi guys,

Like I say i'll try the power lining next to see if that works. The only thing with that is, the M3 speakers don't have an ethernet port, so they will have to stay wireless. Hopefully, it won't matter too much as they are closest to the router.

Thanks again guys

David

Maybe try Moment first, somehow I suspect the Moment to be a little bit in need of a lan connection.

mczac
Not Ranked
49 Posts
Bronze Member
mczac replied on Thu, Feb 1 2018 8:05 PM

David,

from my personal experience BeoSound 1/2 wireless speakers are very sensitive to the quality of WiFi network. More over they don't buffer enough in case of a temporary collision on wifi spectrum. They work on 2.4GHz which is highly polluted by home appliances including microwaves. Plus most consumer routers may not have MIMO multiple receivers and transmitters to handle wireless streams independently increasing overall throughput. Other issue with BO Multilink technology is that it is not a multicast and transmission to the speakers is going independently, however as a feature request in addition to multicast, each speaker could have handled internet music source independently such as TuneIN or Deezer. You can eventually optimise your wireless coverage with additional base station and selecting appropriate channels using wireless diagnostics or expensive wifi spectrum analyzers. However where it is possible I strongly recommend to replace wireless with wired network. 

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
417 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Fri, Feb 2 2018 9:18 AM

I second the comment from mczac - anything you would like to hook up to wifi these days is at risk of having problems, anything from a complicated Tesla (for OTA sw updates) to a BeoSound 1/2.

Please have a look at this thread for the sw status for multi room - and note that as pr Feb 2nd the issues remain for A6 and A9:

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/28296.aspx

Roger

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
113 Posts
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Fri, Feb 2 2018 10:06 AM

+1 I used to have issues with my BV11 and BS2 dropping sound, I then plugged my moment into the LAN and bingo both worked flawlessly Smile

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
174 Posts
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Fri, Feb 2 2018 10:15 AM

David,

sad to hear this. I bought the BS2 you recommended and I'm quite happy with it, so thanks again. Hoping this workaround will help you:

I found a sulution for Chromecast related Wifi dropouts. My current firmware for the A6, Chromecast enabled, is: 1.15.17881.16477003

Was a firmware roll back from 1.15.17640.17856519 by B&O support to enable Chromecast again for my A6.

My speakers are playing without any dropouts when added to a Google Cast audio group and not playing alone. No need for the other device to really play!, even a single Chromecast Audio dongle plugged in and added to the A6 and others in a Google Cast group created via Google Home will work. 

This I have tried this morning, streaming Qobuz Sublime+ Hi Res audio files:

The A6 and the BS2 paying together in a group both have dropouts.

The A6 playing alone via Chromecast has dropouts, BS2 has none.

Both playing together in a group with my Chromecast built in receiver of another manufacturer: No dropouts at all.

Both playing together in a group with a single plugged in Chromecast Audio dongle (no speaker, no sound): No dropouts at all.

I suggest to get a cheap Chromecast Audio dongle and play multiroom via Chromecast, since all your speakers have Chromecast built in. Just add a single plugged in dongle, not playing, to all your Audio groups and it will work, I hope.

Speakers delay you can adjust via Google home:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6318642?hl=en

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7174267?hl=en

This issue must be an incorrect Chromecast software implementation made by B & O programmers, a shame - good luck to you, hope it works.

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey guys,

Thank you for all your suggestions and advice. i have tried so many solutions that I am at a loss of what to try.

My next option is to try a wired connection. Even though all my speakers show an excellent connection to my wireless network, i'm going to try wired and see if that works.

The best ive had this setup so far has been working flawlessly for 2 weeks, but then after having to reset the router the problems all returned. The speakers are sometimes essentially unusable, because the dropout is so bad.

I've seen the forum about the bad software version. Hopefully, if it is a software problem, an update will fix it, but for now, wish me luck with the wired connection. Ill be doing that today once I get my ethernet cables. Ill keep you posted.

Oh and Ulrike, I am glad you like your Beosound 2. It is a great speaker (when it works Big Smile).

David

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
174 Posts
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Fri, Feb 2 2018 11:09 AM

David,

Chromecast creates his own wifi and by that you might get rid of router-wifi or B&O software related issues. Chromecast Wi-Fi created by a B&O speaker does NOT work. Faulty software. Chromecast Wi-Fi created by a dongle works for all speakers included in a group.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
Silly question: have you tried to increase the multiroom wireless delays on your B&O devices?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi thanks for the question.

I haven't tried that, because sometimes the music is in sync and other times (most of the time), it's not. But then sometimes it corrects itself if I leave it to play. It's all very random. If the wired connections don't work, which i'm going to try later, then I will see if that makes a difference too. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

David

DavidSJones76
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

I have read about the instability of chrome cast at the moment t on B&O products, so I have stayed away from that, even disabling the feature on all my speakers, but that didn't do anything. If anything, it made the disconnection even worse.

It may be a software issue, but we will wait and see what a wired connection yields.

Thanks for taking the time to help out

David

Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL