rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

koren
Not Ranked
Slovakia
3 Posts
Bronze Member
koren posted on Mon, Jan 22 2018 11:37 AM

After a long time I’ve launched my beogram 5005 and encountered an issue immediately.

The tangential tone arm is moving too fast.

Upon turning the device on the servo motor is moving the tone arm too fast, and the plays the whole record within few seconds in appr. 15seconds at speed 33.

I opened the turntable but I did not see any obvious issue besides of the accelerated tonearm movement.

All other functions are working fine - like lifting of the tonearm and returning to original position after the record finishes.

If you could give me any advice how to solve this issue I’d be very grateful.

Thank you, Peter.

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,725 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Jan 22 2018 12:18 PM

Most likely an opto problem.
Check the tracking opto adjustment first.
Still no good - check the lamp and the LDR and the electronic circuits related to the tracking and servo motor drive.

Martin

AudioOrigin
Not Ranked
44 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Peter,

By playing too fast do you mean the stylus skids across the record? as in that case it might just be the cartridge

The motor only runs so the tonearm is straight if the cartridge is faulty it can skate right across the record and the turntable might be fine

if you have another known good cartridge try that

If you want your cartridge checked/repaired take a look over here

http://www.audio-origin.co.uk/retipping-stylus.html

Best regards Alistair

koren
Not Ranked
Slovakia
3 Posts
Bronze Member
koren replied on Tue, Jan 23 2018 10:37 AM

Hi,

Stylus is OK, I have problem with the tone arm movement, which is being pulled to the end of the record by stylus. When this is happening, stylus is not staying in the joint (riffle), but the servo motor is pulling  the tonearm very fast.

This problem is probably unique, as I have not seen it described in any forum yet.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL