Beoplay A1 pairing problems

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

lizparr
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
lizparr posted on Sat, Jan 20 2018 7:10 PM

Has anyone else had problems pairing two Beoplay A1s please?

I have! I first bought one, and it was great so I decided to get a second one so that I could pair them in stereo. Thats where the problems began.  

I have had long email discussions with B&O Play Support, I have taken the things back to the retailer and been given brand new ones, and I have also visited my local B&O store with my devices.

They worked in the store and have worked briefly here at home.  However, they are certainly not working consistently and the connections with Bluetooth and with the app seem extremely tenuous.  Right now, I can't get either of them even to connect to Bluetooth.  I have tried resetting (holding Bluetooth button and on button til red turns to white) - this hasn't helped.

I am wondering if most users purchase just the one Beoplay A1, so these pairing issues are not much known?  

If its something I am doing I certainly have tried very hard to find out what that might be - am at wits end now!  Grateful for any suggestions or comments.

Kind regards

Liz

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,142 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Liz and welcome to Beoworld

Did you rename one or both devices?

Are both running the same software?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,706 Posts
Bronze Member
lizparr:

Has anyone else had problems pairing two Beoplay A1s please?

I have! I first bought one, and it was great so I decided to get a second one so that I could pair them in stereo. Thats where the problems began.

I have had long email discussions with B&O Play Support, I have taken the things back to the retailer and been given brand new ones, and I have also visited my local B&O store with my devices.

They worked in the store and have worked briefly here at home. However, they are certainly not working consistently and the connections with Bluetooth and with the app seem extremely tenuous. Right now, I can't get either of them even to connect to Bluetooth. I have tried resetting (holding Bluetooth button and on button til red turns to white) - this hasn't helped.

I am wondering if most users purchase just the one Beoplay A1, so these pairing issues are not much known?

If its something I am doing I certainly have tried very hard to find out what that might be - am at wits end now! Grateful for any suggestions or comments.

Kind regards

Liz

The first time i tried to pair the 2 it took a little bit of time.

I bought one and liked it so i thought i would buy a second so i could try them in stereo - yet i never use them in stereo.

I found that you can pair them more easily (from memory) using the Beo play app on my phone. But when i originally got them i had to pair them manually as the app wasn’t existent at that time.

I am not sure if you have reset the unit if you have to now do a “re connect” to ensure the pairing.
lizparr
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello and thank you for your message.

i renamed both.  

Both are running the same software.

lizparr
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for your post.  I am interested to hear you never use your two in stereo.  Is there a reason?  I wonder how many people do in fact try to.

I visited my local B&0 store, where I was shown how to stereo pair without using the app.  When I tried at home it worked only very occasionally, not consistently enough to bother trying.  

I have also used the app. method of stereo pairing.  This method, too, is only intermittently successful.

LeMirage
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Bronze Member

I had issues after pairing them first time. Resetted them, deleted app. Reinstalled both, second time all went smooth. It is very important both A1 ‘s have different names, otherwise the stereo pairing can be confusing using the app. Pretty smart that once paired up they auto switch off both simultaneously when not longer in use. Pretty clever. What does annoy me since latest firmware update the speaker switches on once you connect a charger. 

They do sound crazy good once paired up in stereo though, beautiful mobile sound.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL