Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

A OneRemote Adventure…

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 37 Replies | 2 Followers

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member
matador43 posted on Tue, Jan 16 2018 7:20 AM

Good morning to you all,

I've finally settled in my new home and have time to take care of certains things, one of which is the control of my non BO tv with a Beo4.

After some search and advices on the forum, i found that the OneRemote was the better solution to me.

So I've just placed an order this morning and thought it may be interesting to share the experience step by step from ordering to installing to playing with it!

So Step 1: order placed this morning!

To be continued…

All Replies

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

Next i removed 3 the little metal pieces. two who holds the main PCB and one who holds a little dummy PCB.

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

Then i put the RMB board in place where the dummy PCB used to be and arrange the 4 wires approximately where they need to be.
I the cut the end and put some tin on the ends.

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

Then i did follow the installation guide to solder the blue wire to 2 components in parallel and the green one to the pin of a little CPU.

Well, that was the trickiest part. The part where you need to stick the wires are very little, you need to act precisely and quickly to avoid heat damage to the beo4 and you need what i missed the most: a good view or a big loupe!. I did stick the blue wire going downward following the instruction but if i needed to do it again i will have solder it coming from the above (coming from the lcd side). The wire is long enough and it allow more control on the parallel soldering.

Then you need to cut a little track. Here again you need a little knowledge to understand when you have carved enough the bakelite for the track to be cut.

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

After that soldering the red and black wires to the existing red and black wires (battery terminals) is pretty easy !
The you put back the little metal blades and screws back.

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

The you just need to close de Beo4 back.
There's a little Oneremote sticker with a serial number to stick in the battery compartment.

And then hold your breathe until you put the battery and walk in front of your non B&O TV!

And…

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

It works !!!!

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

Well, Almost…

The TV control part works flawlessly. Some commands are sometime a little slow to react, like "Mute".
But i suspect it's maybe an operator issue: I need to learn the the "quick touch" move. Otherwise, the remote send a volume up or down command.
All the usual commands are here and the less usual too. There is nothing so far i could do with the original remote I can't do with the Beo4:

- Classic TV commands (channels, direct and incremental, volume and mute),
- Menu, settings, adjustments, audio controls…
- Zapping back and forth between two channels, 
- Media player, TV Guide, Channel list…

But,

The Apple Command part is not working at all. When i press the SAT button, the TV switch indeed to the HDMI port where the Mac is connected and I can see the remote is sending controls, But nothing happened on the Mac side.

I wrote to one remote asking if I may have did something wrong and wait for their answer.

So, to be continued still!…

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

A OneRemote Adventure.................in slow motion ;-)

MM

It's not slow motion, it's realtime (which is quite slow, i agree!)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,641 Posts
Bronze Member

Speed improved - nice ;-)

Have fun with it.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

Good evening to you guys,

I've send an email to OneRemote about my issue which is "everything works but the Apple controls"

They haven't answered yet, so i sent another email this morning.

When i was talking with them before buying they usually answered their mail in the following couple of hours, so I'm a little confused.

I will give them time…

Who said "slow motion" ? Big Smile

chucky
Top 500 Contributor
158 Posts
Gold Member
chucky replied on Wed, Jan 31 2018 8:42 PM
I remember purchasing Apple remote and solder it into a beo 4. Wasn’t great. Module RMB4 I think sold it with a tv. Did you get this?

RMB4 Module?

Surely hope they updated it.

From Beovision to doorbel...all B&O what rings.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,641 Posts
Bronze Member

matador43:

Well, Almost…

The TV control part works flawlessly. 

But,

The Apple Command part is not working at all. When i press the SAT button, the TV switch indeed to the HDMI port where the Mac is connected and I can see the remote is sending controls, But nothing happened on the Mac side.

I wrote to one remote asking if I may have did something wrong and wait for their answer.

So, to be continued still!…

Did you make the required programming steps....as described in the guide?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

As far as i understand the user manual and the email talks i had with OneRemote, there's no need for any additional module. The RMB4 should control a non B&O TV AND the Apple device (Mac or Apple TV).

chucky:
I remember purchasing Apple remote and solder it into a beo 4. Wasn’t great. Module RMB4 I think sold it with a tv. Did you get this?

RMB4 Module?

Surely hope they updated it.

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes I did, Disabling and enabling again the Apple controls. Didn't change anything.

I'm sorry but if they're still no answer from OneRemote this afternoon, I'll open a Paypal case.

allanminds
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Silver Member

Hi

Mine is working just fine. Did you remember to activate Apple controls?

It’s done by pressing light menu stop 4 1 OFF That Will enable Apple controls :-)

/Allan

Page 2 of 3 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL