BeoSound 5 Not Recognizing CD ID and Track Names

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 24 Replies | 5 Followers

greenmg
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
greenmg posted on Mon, Jan 15 2018 12:51 PM

Just ripped two new albums to my BeoSound 5 disk and found they both were recorded as Unknown and with no named tracks or album cover artwork.  Is this a glitch other users are experiencing currently?  I am wondering if it is a bug in a new automatic update.  It has been about one month since last successful ripping operation.

All Replies

gerard
Top 500 Contributor
Luxembourg
249 Posts
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Sat, Apr 28 2018 6:03 PM

Dear Mike,

could you explain a little bit more in detail the structure of the BS5 ripped

I used to ripp my CDs with EAC, as my BS5 does not connect to any Datserver anymore, I do not know the structure because I never ripped a CD with it, only got it in late 2017

Thanks

gerard

greenmg
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Gerard,

Structure? Of what? Is this a hardware question or a data question?

I'm not sure that I understand, but I will re-iterate what I did in case it answers your problem.

You have a NAS drive for your ripped music files, presumably on a local home network linked through your router.  I assume you have a BeoMaster 5 in the system.

Similarly I have a network disk - B&O hardware controlled by the BeoMaster 5 box - and the BeoSound 5 is the front end linked via CAT 6 and video cable.

Since the B&O service to rip and tag files ended I have installed software called "dbpoweramp Music Converter" and "Perfect Tunes" on my computer, together these are a big improvement on the quality of ripping and the finding of image files for the album artwork.  They are very reasonably priced and available for Windows and Mac OS.  Perfect Tunes will search your disk for legacy missing artwork and offer the alternatives you can select to complete your collection. dbpoweramp Music Converter will let you choose the rip format ( I use flac lossless) and find the album artwork.

I found the default setting for the metadata output of "dbpoweramp Music Converter" worked fine with the BeoSound 5, avoiding the need to build a bespoke script to structure the album folders and track files and their names - the output matches what the BS-5 needs.  I did test other ripping software where this was an issue, requiring extra skills.

The only thing you need to do is mount your NAS disk so your computer running the ripping software can see it as a destination for the ripped files and artwork.  Your BeoSound 5 must already see it and the new files will appear on the screen after you restart it.

I hope this helped.

Mike

gerard
Top 500 Contributor
Luxembourg
249 Posts
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Tue, May 29 2018 2:44 PM

Hi Mike,

it's the structure of the metadata that I'm looking for.

Which tags are used by the BM5?

I've contacted the customer support on this and here's the answer:

Guten Tag ,

meines Wissens versuchen die Kollegen der Entwicklungsabteilung, einen entsprechenden Ersatz zu finden, das scheint allerdings hinsichtlich der Datenkompatibilität und rechtlichen Hürden nicht ganz einfach zu sein. Wenn es nur darum ginge, im System einen Link durch einen anderen zu ersetzen, wäre es längst gemacht worden - noch bevor die andere Datenbank abgeschaltet hätte. Aktuell kann ich Ihnen also wirklich nur die manuelle Eingabe "anbieten", ich habe die entsprechenden Schritte als Anhang zusammengefasst.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

K.... E...........
BeoCare
This answer says that the development team is searching for a solution.
I hope this is true.
gerard
DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
79 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Gerard,

any news on this? 

Would be very happy, if the BeoSound5 CD ripping device would display covers while playing CD.

Tagging is not my issue, I use (good old) CoverScout… but it would be nice to see, which CD is in the Player ;-)

Thanks for an info.

Best regards

Doc Leisure

gerard
Top 500 Contributor
Luxembourg
249 Posts
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Fri, Nov 30 2018 10:59 AM

Hi DocLeisure

No I did not get any news from BeoCare . It seems the only solution is to ripp your CD to the harddisk or on your NAS an play it as digital music which reads the cover art from the file tag.

Very disappointing from beo support.

I think I will write once more to them and post the answer here.

regards

gerard

gerard
Top 500 Contributor
Luxembourg
249 Posts
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Fri, Nov 30 2018 10:59 AM

deleted due to double post

gerard
Top 500 Contributor
Luxembourg
249 Posts
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 8:34 PM

On 2018-dec-03 I got an answer from Beocare,

« unfortunately no news, because there is no databse on the internet that has the needed metadata. »

Can’t believe that, they did not want to search a replacement an update the firmware.

They even canceled the online firmware update server.

Settings / Update / GO 

now says : « Connection to server failed »

The close down continues

Shame on you B&O

I wont get any B&O Product anymore, using them since 30 years !!! After my last product Headphone H5 buttons break apart , now this !!!!

gerard
Top 500 Contributor
Luxembourg
249 Posts
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Sat, Jan 12 2019 8:34 PM

On 2018-dec-03 I got an answer from Beocare,

« unfortunately no news, because there is no databse on the internet that has the needed metadata. »

Can’t believe that, they did not want to search a replacement an update the firmware.

They even canceled the online firmware update server.

Settings / Update / GO 

now says : « Connection to server failed »

The close down continues

Shame on you B&O

I wont get any B&O Product anymore, using them since 30 years !!! After my last product Headphone H5 buttons break apart , now this !!!!

sfbeo21
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
sfbeo21 replied on Sun, Jan 20 2019 10:18 PM

Yeh I could not agree more! I think B&O have behaved disgracefully over removing the metadata support for BeoSound5. The main attraction of their system for me was to upload my extensive CD collection. Having gone to great expense - only to find within 18 months of purchase they removed their support.

I certainly will not be buying B&O again!

I found ‘Mp3tag’ is a good app for uploading the metadata although the work involved is a pain if there are multiple CD to do.

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
461 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi

Try Bliss music tagger. You can set rules and it will auto vet/tag your entire collection

Barry
Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL