rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 92 Replies | 3 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
204 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen posted on Mon, Jan 15 2018 10:02 AM

Hello all

This weekend we released a new beta version of the app with native support for sound settings and alarms. Additionally the support part of the app has been revamped to provide more in context help. 

Whats new

Sounds settings (M3 and M5 not supported yet. ToneTouch in development)

• Bass and treble
  • Max volume
  • Default volume
  • Loudness

Alarms

• Creating, editing and deleting product alarms

Support

• In context help
  • Better ticket creation

Let me know what you think.

Best regards

Thomas Andersen, Bang & Olufsen

All Replies

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
127 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 6:37 PM
With all the negativity being expressed here on Beoworld lately, i would like to give a big „ thumbs up“ to Mr Andersen for engaging directly with the Beta Program users.

It certainly gives me confidence that B&O are serious about getting their Software sorted.

Tim
jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
383 Posts
Bronze Member
jans replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 6:40 PM
ngnear:

With all the negativity being expressed here on Beoworld lately, i would like to give a big „ thumbs up“ to Mr Andersen for engaging directly with the Beta Program users.

It certainly gives me confidence that B&O are serious about getting their Software sorted.

Tim

+1
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,213 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 7:23 PM
ngnear:

I agree with that comment completely. Very brave Mr Andersen and very much appreciated.
Beofan67
Not Ranked
NETHERLANDS
49 Posts
Bronze Member

Agree.

Looking forward to BV Eclipse operations improvements via the app as well.

Beofan with current setup Beovison Eclipse 55, Beosound 35, Beolab 6000, Beolab 11

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
93 Posts
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 7:46 PM

@mbee, If i use my iPhone the alarm works great, I can choose between Standby, Standby all, alarm tone and Tunein... on my iPad I only have standby like you.

Søren

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
165 Posts
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 8:42 PM

@MrAndersen: Nice to see you on the forum again! I've lifted this request via support, but I'll add it here as well:

Our user scenario is that my wife and I both have each our separate Deezer accounts. Sharing a deezer account between us is out of the question since we have very different tastes in music, we listen to a lot of music with our headphones when we are out and about, and sharing would muddle Flow, favourites, recommendations etc. Moreover, it is not in line with Deezer’s terms of service.
However, our Beosound Moment can only be connected to one ”Bang & Olufsen account” at a time, and that account is to be seen as a household account I've been told by support, not a personal one. And at the time, the "B&O-account" can only be setup with one Deezer account at a time. And my wife and I both want our separate Deezer accounts to show up in the Bang & Olufsen app (”X-app”) on our respective phones. At the moment, this means that we still use separate B&O-accounts, with our respective Deezer accounts. This again means that whenever I open the B&O-app, if my wife has played something last, I have to add the Moment (and any other speaker) as a new product again. Same goes for her.
Are you planning a solution for this kind of user scenario? We can’t possibly be the only ones. In september, support mentioned that ”profiles” were on the roadmap for the Bang & Olufsen app. If I understood correctly this feature, when implemented, will solve the problems with our user scenario.
So, do you have a tentative time frame for that feature? Can I add my vote (and my wife’s!) to prioritizing it? Yes - thumbs up
Other than that, great job! The app looks beautiful now. Especially on the OLED screen of the iPhone X, with its white-on-black interface. May I suggest using the whole width of the screen for currently playing album covers? Cool Other than that, fantastic!
-h.
Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
165 Posts
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 8:55 PM

Henrik:

...can only be setup with one Deezer account at a time. And my wife and I both want our separate Deezer accounts to...

Ok, I just realised I made this sound like a divorce scenario. It's not. Big Smile I'd be grateful for a better solution, though. Smile

-h.

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,687 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Mon, Jan 15 2018 9:27 PM

@Soren : thanks, I did not see that. So my bug is only iPad related and not "universal"! Nice to see that I can setup an alarm ;-)

@Henrik : it seems that for now, switching wife seems easier than switching products in the B&O app... I hope they'll release a solution soon. Does the Deezer Family account solve anything (I've never tried that, but it seems to be one account for many people, or it's one subscription for multiple accounts which doesn't solve anything...)

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
MrAndersen:

BLC configuration was removed since the web page was almost unusable on a mobile device.

Almost but not entirely.

I used to pinch and zoom to check (but not update) settings on my 7+.

Nonetheless I respect your decision.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
ngnear:

Tim

Absolutely

Hear Hear

👏 👏 👏 👏

BeoNut since '75

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,317 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Jan 16 2018 7:02 AM
MrAndersen:

@Teletom: Sorry, the M3 and M5 both have ToneTouch. This is not yet done but coming soon. Bass/Treble will be hidden for these

Not sure I understand MrAndersen.

In the app I see tone controls for my M5.

Do you mean they do not control M5 yet? Controls are not hidden.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
538 Posts
Bronze Member

Dear MrAndersen,

Great to hear you plan further improvements for the B&O app in the sense of native capabilities (especially alarms and timers - I sense many people would prioritize them).

Still, please try to see if the new app version can accomodate basic functionalities bug fixes... ...new capabilities are great but... With the actual fw version for A9 I lost bluetooth connection with Essence remote and was (barely, after nondescriptive error messages) able to re-pair it but I had to plug it out the wall first, then as from recently Deezer playback just hangs with app becoming unresponsive and the device remains silent until you close the app and reopen it...

Hope you and your team will be able to address as much as possible of those bugs - they simply make it difficult to enjoy your visually stunning products. Keeping my fingers crossed.

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
235 Posts
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Tue, Jan 16 2018 4:00 PM

Would love to see some basic operation of the bSys4 platform (V1, BV11) like: Speaker Selection and Radio Favorites (1to9).

dueno
Top 500 Contributor
98 Posts
Bronze Member
dueno replied on Tue, Jan 16 2018 4:22 PM
So nothing new for beosound moment!!!

When will it be possible (like in deezer app) to choose the order of the title in the playlist (first to last, last to first, a-z).

Actually the playlist of favorite title is ordered by artist name (completely crazy!!!!!).
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Tried Apple Music Airplay to the Core.

Some drop outs at the start the okay for a string of tracks even though I was walking between rooms with the phone in my trouser leg pocket ie swinging.

Switched to trying play music via DLNA to PLEX

Pulling data was easy but playing tracks consistently dropped out.

Then it seemed as if the App was broken: nothing worked; not even Deezer.

So I terminated various and used the BeoTool.

Everything looked okay but no music !

I rebooted the phone and tried again.

Still no luck.

I reset the Core with a power off.

Magic - music - wonderful.

I have not tried DLNA again. I may at the weekend to see if that was the cause.

BeoNut since '75

Page 2 of 7 (93 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL