Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision 7-40 mk6 - Large digital artifacts / flickering on just some HD pictures

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member
Raffaele Sgherri posted on Tue, Jan 9 2018 10:06 AM

Hi,

I have a BV7-40 mk6 with BlueRay with a strange behaviour.

It's connected through HDMI to BlueRay, Integrated DVB, external Android TV box and a PS4.

Most of time it's working just fine, but on given conditions (watching a Soccer play via an HD signal over DVB, or watching/streaming a film via DVB or Android with wide color ranges like clear sky and dark woods at same time are the ones I can anticipate it will occur) the screen blinks like for a lost sync and image breaks in "chunks" for a bit, flickering to be back to norm. Audio is uneffected, no breaks/issues. Just the picture is affected.

Any other source or condition the image is fine, and notably the PS4 do renders fast moving HD content quite often - my sons plays all types of games - flawlessy.

Any idea?

I heard it may be due to HDCP, suggesting me to switch it off. Elsewhere I read that may be a power module driven issue. I do not tested those yet.

The TV comes from UK and I do live in Italy, but was re-configured completely from a local dealer to adjust to Italy (e.g. the DVB settings) and all software was updated to latest.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member

Final update - it was the start of the end, the panel is broken :-(

All Replies

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member

Providing an update on the issue:

1. It seems to occur on HD-Ready content, but not on SD or Full-HD. I can replicate it on exactly the same scenes of a film, where exactly in same moment it occurs, leaving the rest of the film perfect in picture quality.

2. It occurs on any HDMI input, is not just one that is broken. It happens on integrated DVB signal as well as external Antroid TV box.

3. You can check how it looks on the following link: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqQERErLyU4ViNZZgUpPWceCRlHqBw

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
193 Posts
Gold Member

Raffaele Sgherri:

Just for curiosity, how much it would cost to replace the LCD panel ?  BV7 TVs are designed to be repairable and not  throw-away TVs.

Thanks in advance,

Jean

Raffaele Sgherri
Not Ranked
Fucecchio (FI) - Italy
47 Posts
Bronze Member

jvezina:

Just for curiosity, how much it would cost to replace the LCD panel ?  BV7 TVs are designed to be repairable and not  throw-away TVs.

I'll have the answer on next Monday when the B&O support shop open back after the summer break and they will "deep dive" on options. The main issue is not the servicing possibility - you can actually do that - but the lack of spare parts on the market. The BV7 is old and no more supported by B&O with official parts, in specific for the panel. As I wrote on another post, I had to service this TV last year for the AV Switch and the processing unit - the latter was switched by B&O Struer recognizing a faulty one - and all parts were (and assume still are) available, belonging to the BS3 core found in the TV.

For reference, for the fix above I was billed 730 €. If you check second hand costs for a BV7, or the cost of good AV processing units/TV, this make small replacements already questionable.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
jvezina:

Just for curiosity, how much it would cost to replace the LCD panel ? BV7 TVs are designed to be repairable and not throw-away TVs.

Thanks in advance,

Jean

You cannot purchase the LCD panel for any variation of the BV7 40 range now.
w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Thu, Aug 23 2018 10:36 PM
jvezina:

Just for curiosity, how much it would cost to replace the LCD panel ? BV7 TVs are designed to be repairable and not throw-away TVs.

Thanks in advance,

Jean

You cannot purchase an LCD spare part for all BV7 40 now
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL