Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoPlay M5 big Delay over Bluetooth & Chromecast (but not over Airplay)

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

SirPenetrator
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
SirPenetrator posted on Fri, Jan 5 2018 6:03 PM

Hello Everybody, 

I Hope you had a nice 2018-Start. 

I bought a B&O M5. When connecting it to my TV via Line it works - but first I had to deactivate the Sound delay. But now it is in Sync with the Picture. 

But when I connect my XPS13 to my B&O over Bluetooth the Delay is around 2 Seconds with the Display. If I try to cast the Sound over the Chrome Browser to the BeoPlay it is also with a Delay. 

So I tested it on my Mac / iPhone. Bluetooth with iOS is also delayed BUT when I use Airplay it is perfect and I can watch a video or what so ever in Sync. So I have the following Questions: 

To watch a Video or similar on a BeoPlay M5 wirelessly (in sync) it is ONLY possible with an iOS "Airplay" and nothing else. Not with Windows or with Bluetooth? And not with Google Cast Feature? 

HOW is it possible then to have the Airpods (used with Win/OS X/iOS) perfectly in Sync with every Video etc. and 2-Year-old Fitness Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones are in Sync (both are Bluetooth) as well but I can't have it in Sync with a 650CHF Speaker? Even when I sit 50cm besides it? What am I missing? Or is there somewhere a hidden Option to deactivate Bluetooth Delay like with the Line In / Optical In Options? 

Somehow pretty frustrating :(. What I'm understanding from this Experience is: When you want to use your B&O M5 to watch a Video wirelessly, in Sync, you can only do this by using OS X or iOS and their Feature (Airplay) and NOTHING ELSE.

Thanks for your Answers / Tipps or Tricks

M.

Little Update 05.01.2018 / 20:24:

Hmm, Strange. I just wanted to watch an Episode on my Mac (with local Plex App) connected via Airplay to the BeoPlay M5 - now it has a Delay too... But playing  a Youtube Video is still without Problems (no Delay). Until I get an Answer I'll have to use Line In I guess. ATM: I'm only able to Play Youtube Videos via Airplay in Sync. Youtube / Plex on my XPS 13 via Bluetooth still has Delay. :( 

All Replies

ericitzhak
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by ericitzhak

Probably not relevant for your right now but for future people,

I've had the same issue with the Beoplay M5, had a 1 second delay when using Bluetooth to play video even after I disabled delay in the settings.

What fixed the issue for me was going to (in the B& app) to Settings -> Beolink -> Sound Syncronization and there I found out that for some reason the "Network delay" was set to 1000 ms. Go figure why they did it on default but I set it to 0 and  it fixed it for me.

kmortenesi
Not Ranked
31 Posts
Bronze Member

I just bought an M5 as well. There is a small delay between my Eclipse and the M5. The smallest wireless delay setting for both the eclipse and M5 seems to be 30 ms. That means I get about 60 ms delay on the M5. I really would like to set both delays to zero but that doesn’t seem like an option. 

ideas anyone? 

Top 150 Contributor
495 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sun, Mar 1 2020 11:45 AM

Generally a more generous time (eg 1000 milisec) solves the lag.

kmortenesi
Not Ranked
31 Posts
Bronze Member

I need as small a delay as possible. 1000 ms on the M5 make it really bad with an echo...

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
318 Posts
Bronze Member
I have had similar issues with most of my iNL products. Everything works right now, but I truly do not know how. A lot of trial and error fiddling. The retailer just tells you to accept the delay.

Not quite ideal. But for the moment it works.
SirPenetrator
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Wow, I never thought I'd stumble across my own post while searching for a solution for another problem I have with my Beoplay M5. 

I have to admit though, in all my years of buying different things etc. this has to be one of the worst purchases I've ever made, sadly. 

Don't get me wrong though, the sound quality is great and it can really fill a room impressively well. But, forgive my language, holy *** is everything else bad in this thing.

I still can't figure out how it is possible to set a delay for 1000ms but you can't set it to damn 0 to have 0 ms delay.... HOW. In a 600$ device... lol Where are we? 1989?

After my post I even did some further testing with the B&O Support (always lost connection after a few seconds with Airplay/Bluetooth) and even they told me it's broken and I have to send it in, only to get it back after two weeks with a letter saying everything is working as intended. I really don't have the time and patience to send in my device multiple times, give up my free time to troubleshoot that thing only to get to no where. 

I have reset this thing now countless times.

I have it connected to my monitor via Line In and sometimes when my computer goes to sleep and I wake it up the B&O doesn't recognize any sound being played anymore.

Sadly none of your tips have helped :( I tried messing with the network delay but even 30ms delay is noticeable if you press stop/play - and also with a video, it's jut not synced. I expected A LOT more of a device from B&O in that price range. As I said, they nailed the sound and how it fills the room, but nothing else. With the amount of money they should be on top of their game - it doesn't cost much to use proper chips/protocols for bluetooth/chromecast to work without any delays but it seems that's too much to ask for (25$ speakers can play synced audio no problemo but a 600$ speaker can't). 

... sorry for my rant.

Battlecat
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member

Your rant is very valid. I have $10 Chinese bluetooth speakers in sync from 2016 but not our expensive B&O's (I have the A9 MK3) and posted a similar thread here - https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/36488.aspx

Going to go to the dealer soon and definitely take my Chinese speaker as a demo. Not sure they can do much. Maybe they will. Let's see. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL