This post has 50 Replies | 2 Followers

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,705
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:04 AM
frog:

@moxxy,

Looks like it's you who are wishing. Not sure why.

Wasn't there another post saying that the project was shelved, but is now on again with a 3rd party?

Unless you can reveal your sources, I tend to believe a dealer who may be getting better info.

Well said. Agree completely.
Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 858
Gold Member
Mikipidia replied on Fri, Jan 19 2018 3:35 AM
Millemissen:

Since you have the Eclipse, you are predestinied to make this test for us (doesn’t have to be a 65” version).

Just to show, what happens, when you connect a stock LG C7 to the SoundCenter ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Bring me another television and i’ll happily try. I only have one tv and it’s the eclipse. I have plenty of other screens but they’re all pc/tablet related so they don’t have any tv related hook ups (like cec hdmi)

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,281
Bronze Member

I understand - was just kidding.

Would be interesting however, if someone could do this experiment ;-)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 858
Gold Member
Mikipidia replied on Fri, Jan 19 2018 1:10 PM
If somebody in the Netherlands would like to try, send me a message!

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 503
Founder
frog replied on Thu, Feb 15 2018 7:33 PM

Thinking about this, I'm just wondering whether I can update to full 4K HDR by just doing the following:

Get a suitable HDMI switch that is either IP or IR controlled. Connect that switch to the New 4K HDR TV using the existing HDMI cable (hopefully works)

remove HDMI source connections (Apple TV, Sky etc.) from Beosystem 3 and plug into switch.

Connect SP DIF audio cables from sources into Beosystem 3

Use raspberry Pi to handle switching by intercepting signal from IR eye (still connected to Beosystem 3)

Use serial connection from Beosystem 3 to raspberry PI to signal TV on/off. (if necessary, use a HDMI CEC injector - from Pulse 8 to switch on/off TV- switching the HDMI switch on/off may be enough)

I'll lose the screen curtains, but not much else. The audio will route via the Beosystem 3, and the video via the switch. I've already completed the code for the serial on/off function and HDMI CEC injection, so would just need to map the commands coming from the IR eye to the HDMI switch.

Surely it can't be that easy Big Smile

Any suggestions on which HDMI switch I should use?

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,416
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:58 AM

Why don't you get Lintronic TT? 

All devices attachted directly to TV via HDMI.

Digitial Audio out from TV to Beosystem.

Teach Lintronic how your System is Setup, e.g. what do to when Beo 4 DTV is pressed etc.

That's it...

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 8000 (Fronts and Rears) and Beolab 2. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all White)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

stampfki
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Bronze Member
stampfki replied on Fri, Feb 16 2018 10:25 AM

I’d would assume lip sync issues and also won’t get HD audio, only limited to AC3/DTS.

Therefore I tend towards the Almando Multiplay. Only problem I see, that I cannot adjust the crossover frequencies .

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,338
Bronze Member
I’m gonna go for this instead

https://axiim.com/#products
frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
Posts 503
Founder
frog replied on Fri, Feb 16 2018 5:31 PM

I wouldn't buy a Lintronic unit any more - the guy is too arrogant. And anyhow, I can build something better for the price of a raspberry pi.

The only issue I can see with your setup is that you would need to feed the digital audio out to each (phantom) connection on the Beosystem 3. 

A big issue for me is that I already have only one HDMI wire in the wall - it runs about 6m, and I'm keen not to have to run new ones. The switcher would be better for me.

stampfki
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Bronze Member
stampfki replied on Sat, Feb 17 2018 3:35 AM

Aussie Michael:
I’m gonna go for this instead

https://axiim.com/#products

Crossover adjustable?

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,338
Bronze Member
stampfki:

Crossover adjustable?

Ooh. I don’t know what that means.

I’m just reading about it at the moment.
Page 2 of 2 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL