Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 42 Replies | 1 Follower

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,214 Posts
Founder
9 LEE posted on Thu, Dec 28 2017 12:02 AM

The title is the question, basically.

I'm not sure if B&O 'get' that our moaning is because we only want the best for Bang & Olufsen. We come on here because we invest our time talking about the products, using the products, working out ways to integrate, ways to repair, ways to upgrade, and of course actually buying the products. Without being aloof, we're a very visible reference source for potential purchasers - and people read what we have to say on here.

I've often said to employees in Struer that B&O is like our football team. We want the best for them. We want them to win every time. We support them. We moan when they lose. We moan when they have a bad manager. We moan because it matters..

All communication from Struer and BeoWorld seems to have dried up a little of late, but I'd rather we spoke our minds than throwing our hands in the air and whooping after every mess-up they make.

Struer, if you're reading... we care.

Anyway.. that aside. What do you see for Bang & Olufsen in 2018?  More store closures? More of the same with regards SW issues? A resurgence of the brand? "Play" basically becoming B&O, and the company is just a mass market manufacturer who props up the name with some amazing Geoff Martin speakers? Could B&O create a new 'Halo' brand for the high-end to capture the audiophiles who won't buckle and buy B&O as they may get ridiculed by their fellow cable enthusiasts?

What do you think is going to happen to the brand we love in 2018? Good or Bad... Over to you guys. 

Lee

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,729 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Rob - Danish AV

Millemissen:

Puncher:

Perhaps you can point me to a single instance where I said shops were uneccessary!!

Soundcentre/Soundbar call ot what you will, it needs to be available separately and at a reasonable price.

Please don't put words in my mouth!!

I did not put any words in your mouth - you certaily can speak for yourself!

I just pointed at the consequence of thinking that way.

Maybe the problem lies withing the difference between a ‘sound bar’ and an AudioEngine/Soundcenter solution’, which B&O offers....

....a difference, that you obvisiously don’t see.

Such a ‘universal soundbar’ may come (or not) - but it will be hard for the B&O stores to survive with such an ‘off-the-shelf’ product.
MM

Absolute nonsense - perhaps it would be better if you didn't reply to absolutely everyone's post and take it upon yourself to "reinterpret" what they said for everyone else!

Ban boring signatures!

All Replies

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
2,083 Posts
Bronze Member

Ford drops Sony Premium Sound. In 2018, Ford will have the B & O Play Sound System. -

Click here.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,729 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Dec 28 2017 11:29 PM

Read Ford and Harmon - they have bought the name, the reputation,  lets see how long its a desirable! 

Ban boring signatures!

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,711 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher:

Read Ford and Harmon - they have bought the name, the reputation, lets see how long its a desirable!

Ban boring signatures!

I sadly and dear say that it might be that which makes it desirable in that market.

People in Mazdas were totally creaming over Bose audio (which didn’t sound bad)
jimcaj
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
126 Posts
Bronze Member
jimcaj replied on Fri, Dec 29 2017 2:31 PM

Speakers. I would like to see affordable real stereo speakers. Something for also the younger people upgrading from todays Play products.

Take the Beolab 4. I just bought a pair of (old) Beolab 4 and a Beoplay Hub device just for the fun of it from a friendly dealer. Connected to TV via optical. It sounds really great. I wish you could buy something like the Beolab 4 in the future.

Software. I think they will go with something like PlayFi or Blackfire tech etc.

TV. A new affordable TV set. I would buy an up-to-date V1 with rock solid firmware. No-brainer.

Sound system. Make some product, so I wont have to use my phone or tablet. Simple. Nothing much. Maybe just an add-on to the core. Extending the Essence remote with an information display.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Dec 29 2017 4:15 PM

Puncher:

Read Ford and Harmon - they have bought the name, the reputation,  lets see how long its a desirable! 

One of my best friends worked at Harman for years in OEM autosound, now he's with Panasonic. His take on it carries weight with me, that is that Harman is going to do with B&O car audio exactly what it has done and still does with every other brand it absorbs. Your speaker grills in the car may say Harman, Infinity, JBL, B&O, whatever, but the underlying electronics and drivers will be the same. Their approach uses standardized amp/eq/dsp modules and head units and drivers with product differentiation being solely a matter of cosmetics. Makes perfect sense from the standpoint of Harman's business model. When he worked there he said he had a hard time telling which brand he was allegedly working with, you couldn't tell it by the hardware.

Harman is like a giant amoeba that sucks up brands and homogenizes them into being identical.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

I work at Ford and I was pretty convinced when the Harman guy explained what they'd done for the Beoplay application he demonstrated to me as an Product Development employee. Nothing hi-fi but exaggerated separation and "enhanced" settings. I hope the brand doesn't get diluted and I know how important audio effect is to buyers so both companies should benefit perhaps introducing their customers to one another's brands.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

"TV. A new affordable TV set. I would buy an up-to-date V1 with rock solid firmware. No-brainer."

Ive never had issues with the V1 or aspired to anything more chintzy so that would be great.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,711 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff:

Harman is like a giant amoeba that sucks up brands and homogenizes them into being identical.

A bit like Lion (Nathan)
Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

I wanted to believe in something and you've ruined it for me!

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,711 Posts
Bronze Member
Simonbeo:

I wanted to believe in something and you've ruined it for me!

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 . Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.

I too was disheartened when I learned Santa wasn’t who I was told

But I wonder if a BS5 is installed for 2018

How would this be that much different to the Sound Centre

I mean a few would like a device that connects to any screen with the ability to connect either wires or wireless to their B&O speakers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
2,083 Posts
Bronze Member

Bang & Olufsen and Lamborghini have teamed up in a roaring new collaboration to equip the brand new
Lamborghini Urus with a powerful Bang & Olufsen Sound System designed to create a new benchmark
in the SUV segment. The system includes a 21-channel 1,700-watt BeoCore Class-D Amplifier, scalable
Digital Signal Processing (DSP), ICEpower® technology, and 21 loudspeakers for superb, authentic
sound and an immersive, natural 3D sound experience. Deliveries of the Lamborghini Urus commence
in spring 2018, with the first public unveiling on 4 December 2017 at Lamborghini’s headquarters in
Sant’Agata Bolognese, Italy. https://www.facebook.com/beoplay/

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
206 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:
Bang & Olufsen and Lamborghini have teamed up in a roaring new collaboration to equip the brand new
Lamborghini Urus with a powerful Bang & Olufsen Sound System

So now we have to buy a Lamborghini to get the true B&O sound.. Yes - thumbs up

Just kidding....

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,711 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan:

Bang & Olufsen and Lamborghini have teamed up in a roaring new collaboration to equip the brand new Lamborghini Urus with a powerful Bang & Olufsen Sound System designed to create a new benchmark in the SUV segment. The system includes a 21-channel 1,700-watt BeoCore Class-D Amplifier, scalable Digital Signal Processing (DSP), ICEpower® technology, and 21 loudspeakers for superb, authentic sound and an immersive, natural 3D sound experience. Deliveries of the Lamborghini Urus commence in spring 2018, with the first public unveiling on 4 December 2017 at Lamborghini’s headquarters in Sant’Agata Bolognese, Italy. https://www.facebook.com/beoplay/

Except isn’t the audio division no longer Bang & Olufsen but Harmon Kardon ?
Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL