Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Vision to Legend / Spark to Icon Books - Signed?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

machineage
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
69 Posts
Bronze Member
machineage posted on Wed, Dec 27 2017 8:51 PM

Hi all!

So I was very lucky to receive an 'as new' copy of 'From Spark to Icon' for Christmas from my family Big Smile

I had no idea this was such a superb and weighty tome!

The copy I have has a signature by Jens Bang(?) - but I wondered if this was an actual / real signature or just a part of the print? Photo enclosed.

Also can anyone tell me what the differences are between this book and 'From Vision to Legend'?

Thanks!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,362 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by machineage

Hi,

I believe 'From Spark to Icon' is the updated version of 'From Vision to Legend' who (I also believe but wouldn't mind a confirmation) was first edited for the 50th (?) anniversary of the brand as a gift for best customers. So 'From Vision to Legend' ends with Besosound 9000, Century, 2500, Beovision Avant and Beolab 1 and 4000, where 'From Spark to Icon' goes beyond with more recent products.

I do know that the update part also exist as a separate book.

'From Vision to Legend' has a dark red cover instead of the White and Silver one of 'From Spark to Icon'.

As for the signature part I dont know…

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,581 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) Guy replied on Fri, Dec 29 2017 12:09 AM
Verified by machineage

machineage:

The copy I have has a signature by Jens Bang(?) - but I wondered if this was an actual / real signature or just a part of the print? Photo enclosed.

It's part of the print; mine is identical Smile

All Replies

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,362 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by machineage

Hi,

I believe 'From Spark to Icon' is the updated version of 'From Vision to Legend' who (I also believe but wouldn't mind a confirmation) was first edited for the 50th (?) anniversary of the brand as a gift for best customers. So 'From Vision to Legend' ends with Besosound 9000, Century, 2500, Beovision Avant and Beolab 1 and 4000, where 'From Spark to Icon' goes beyond with more recent products.

I do know that the update part also exist as a separate book.

'From Vision to Legend' has a dark red cover instead of the White and Silver one of 'From Spark to Icon'.

As for the signature part I dont know…

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,581 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) Guy replied on Fri, Dec 29 2017 12:09 AM
Verified by machineage

machineage:

It's part of the print; mine is identical Smile

machineage
Not Ranked
United Kingdom
69 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for the replies Smile

It's a fantastic book!

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,557 Posts
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Fri, Dec 29 2017 11:45 PM
If you don‘t have it already, try this one as well:

https://www.amazon.de/Bang-Olufsen-Crowood-Collectors-Jarman/dp/1847970680

A must have for any serious ;-) collector!

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL