rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,218 Posts
Gold Member
Søren Mexico posted on Sat, Dec 16 2017 6:28 PM

I am posting this in the vintage forum where my heart belongs.

I have had a busy year work vise, and the B&O had to stay back, I tried various times to start up again with my waiting projects, but every time I started something got in between.

I sold to Jeff in Canada BL/BM 5000 and got it shipped, but when Jeff started using it there was some trouble with flickering lights at higher volumes and the sound just not right, last month he found the failure, turning the BL upside down to connect cables, the BL started without flickering lights and good sound, as I had it here when testing and running it for nearly one year. The failure was a piece of cut off solder wire that I must have missed during my restore. And this was my biggest treat this year B&O vise.

In August I started planning for a trip to Copenhagen end of September, got my ticket and wanted to get some spares from Martin for my forever on going projects, work as always came between, so beginning of September I still hadnt finished my list for Martin, and then the earthquake hit us on September 19, my flight was scheduled for September 28, I was thinking about canceling it but after helping with what I could in the aftermath I went to Copenhagen.

Last year I bought from Henrik a BL/BM 5000 and when I got it here it showed that the transformer on the BM was bad, Henrik had another which he gave me for free. Henrik vent on vacation at the same time as I was visiting so we spoke with Martin and Henrik brought the BM to him, to be picked up by me when I arrived.

Beginning of October I got in touch with Martin, Martin as always busy but helpful, we met at a train station near by Martins home late one evening, he brought me the BM and some resistors difficult or expensive to get over here, and an extra plastic bag from Henrik, telling me "Henrik gave me this for you I dont know what it is" I looking into the plastic bag and found 12 LPs, upon checking them all pristine and very clean condition.

To Martin and Henrik, my deep felt thank you for what you did, Martin for receiving and delivering and taking the time to find the resistors, Henrik for giving me and delivering the BM to Martin and then as a surprise, the LPs. The two you are amazing people, unselfish and helpful, I am proud to have friends like you.

I must include Richard here, he has been waiting more than one year for a pair of speaker stands I made for him, sorry sorry Richard, I still dont know when I go up to TX to ship them to you.

I am now winding down after a tough year, my first whole free weekend for 3 months, hoping the next year will give me more time with my vintage B&O.

I wish all of you a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year, specially to the few still hanging on to the vintage forum, may your days be bright and may your gods go with you.

Saludos Søren

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

All Replies

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sat, Dec 16 2017 10:40 PM

Merry Xmas to you too. Be well!

sonavor
Top 50 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,098 Posts
Gold Member
sonavor replied on Sat, Dec 16 2017 11:25 PM

Merry Christmas to you too Søren!

I hope 2018 does result in some quality B&O time. I am glad to hear your items from your Denmark trip made it safely home with you this time.

John

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,215 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Dec 17 2017 12:22 AM

Merry Christmas - and a lovely story of strong B&O friendships and commitments - clearly its been a busy and at time challenging year ... yet you survived, and so on to 2018 !!!

BeoNut since '75

square4
Top 500 Contributor
123 Posts
Gold Member

A merry chrismas and a happy new year to you also.

next time you are in Denmark i hope to meet you again.

And i look forward to an exciting thread with your bl bm 5000. 

Henrik

DMacri
Top 150 Contributor
United States
700 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Sun, Dec 17 2017 7:24 AM
Sounds like a full year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,796 Posts
Bronze Member
chartz replied on Sun, Dec 17 2017 9:21 AM

I wish you and your family a very happy Xmas and a happy New Year Søren!

From the bottom of my heart, all the best to all our friends here at Beoworld’s.

Jacques

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,348 Posts
Gold Member
Craig replied on Tue, Dec 19 2017 8:07 AM

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from Yarm also............

Craig

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
811 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Søren,

obviously you had a "special" year with some ups and downs. Most important: I am very glad that you and your family were not affected directly by earthquake. It was very upset to see those pictures and to read the sad news from you.

I wish you a merry Christmas, happy new year and lot of successful vintage B&O stories!

Prost Beer !

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
786 Posts
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, Dec 22 2017 10:07 AM

Hi Soren 

I wish you and your family a very merry christmas and happy new year - you've had quite a year of it and hopefully next year will see lots of vintage B&O projects coming your way. Always enjoy reading your posts.

Best Wishes

Andrew

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
2,569 Posts
Gold Member
Rich replied on Sun, Dec 24 2017 3:20 AM
SOREN!!!

Nice post to catch up. I, too, have had the busy year from heck. Thanks for catching us up.

Happy holidays, everyone.

Ricardo
Top 150 Contributor
Moonbase 5
415 Posts
Bronze Member

Happy Holidays Soren

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL