Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beovision 14 the end of Bang Olufsen Tv

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 75 Replies | 3 Followers

stuart50_1
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
stuart50_1 posted on Wed, Dec 13 2017 3:16 PM

Hi all

I have been a very long and loyal Bang Olufsen customer . Last year I bought the Beovision 14 , with the Android system , I appreciate the fact that B&O are a small Tv company , I also under stand that B&O need to do something to keep in the market place. I have been informed by my retailer that when B&O run out of the panels for the Avant and 14  that will be the end of production. And the LG will be the way forward using both LG panels but also their operating system.

I like how everybody has bought a Beo 14 will be left with a very expensive experiment that did not work . We are still experiencing crashing and the fact it does not always turn on my skybox , it has to be pressed twice for it to work

It will be just like the BeoMaster 5 with no software to connect the system . The dealer has said that the 14 will still get updates to remedy its issues? Yes of course it will when it looks like there having similar problems with the Eclipse their new flagship TV. I know they both operate on different operating systems but that is besides the point all their resources will be now be redirected into solving their eclipse issues.

My tv is just twelve months old and what are the chances of it ever been fully correct as advertised ,is this not a breach of contract as the tv is not working correctly. All the dealer does is point out that it’s Androids fault surely its B&O’s issue as the tv was released far too early ? 

Any  thoughts out there. Stuart

All Replies

beotex
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member
beotex replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 5:11 AM
moxxey:

And for anyone who says they 'enjoy' watching the daft mechanised speaker drop down from the Avant? wow. Not only did I think that mostly pointless, noisy and boring after a while, there were so many other issues, this just made me more frustrated.

Sorry you have such passion against the type of interesting movement / interaction so many people find lacking from today’s products. Good thing you ditched it. Smile

In fact, of all the people that have come to our home, not one has said “what a daft, pointless, noisy and boring TV speaker you have!” Surprisingly, it’s been quite the opposite. Wow, indeed.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,854 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 11:56 AM

beotex:

In fact, of all the people that have come to our home, not one has said “what a daft, pointless, noisy and boring TV speaker you have!” Surprisingly, it’s been quite the opposite. Wow, indeed.

My point was, the TV was so flawed in so many other areas that having this slow speaker appear just ended up grating after a while - more effort had gone in to the speaker than getting the TV right. As an example, the panning was awful. Kind of a key component for watching a TV, for me. It made watching football, difficult.

If that kind of thing floats your boat, fair enough. You've bought the right TV. If people came around my house and commented on the Avant speaker mechanism (I can't remember anyone doing that when I owned it...) I'd think they were mad. But, there again, people do have a bad habit of telling you what you want to hear.

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
575 Posts
Bronze Member

beotex:
moxxey:

And for anyone who says they 'enjoy' watching the daft mechanised speaker drop down from the Avant? wow. Not only did I think that mostly pointless, noisy and boring after a while, there were so many other issues, this just made me more frustrated.

Sorry you have such passion against the type of interesting movement / interaction so many people find lacking from today’s products. Good thing you ditched it. Smile

It has been my experience that the majority of people feel the same was as you and your guests do. As a person who has had virtually every B&O TV since 2003 and currently has every single gen of NL TV working in my home, I can tell you my Avant still gets the most attention. 

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

beotex
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

If that kind of thing floats your boat, fair enough. You've bought the right TV. If people came around my house and commented on the Avant speaker mechanism (I can't remember anyone doing that when I owned it...) I'd think they were mad. But, there again, people do have a bad habit of telling you what you w ant to hear.

You’d be happy to hear this. We invited some family friends over for dinner this weekend and a kind pensioner said the BL18’s looked like big wooden air filters and he really didn’t understand the center speaker dropping down from the TV.

Think he was telling me what I want to hear? Stick out tongue

Hope everyone had a nice weekend :)
StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
963 Posts
Bronze Member
beotex:

You’d be happy to hear this. We invited some family friends over for dinner this weekend and a kind pensioner said the BL18’s looked like big wooden air filters and he really didn’t understand the center speaker dropping down from the TV.

Think he was telling me what I want to hear?

Avant- what beauty, with magic too!

Mmm, what about a stand-alone sound bar with moving magic?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,433 Posts
Bronze Member

StUrrock:

Which kind of ‘moving magic’ do you imagine for that sound bar?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,854 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Aug 6 2018 10:13 AM

Millemissen:

StUrrock:

I was wondering the same. It would also get on my nerves after a while. I'm guessing he wants a small bar to open up in to a larger version, on system swich-on.

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
963 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

I was wondering the same. It would also get on my nerves after a while. I'm guessing he wants a small bar to open up in to a larger version, on system swich-on.

I’m not a designer just want some B&O magic, not much around it seems just now Sad
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,854 Posts
Bronze Member

StUrrock:

I’m not a designer just want some B&O magic, not much around it seems just now Sad

True, but personally speaking, I never really was won over by the moving doors or speakers on B&O equipment. Just seemed gimmicky to me. Ok, it was decent on the old BeoCenter 2300, but that was years ago. I just want my TV to function, function well and not focus on daft things like dropping down speakers.

When I owned my MK1 Avant 55", I had so many issues, that just got on my nerves. Didn't feel like 'magic', felt like overkill. I just wanted a quality working TV.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
beotex:

Think he was telling me what I want to hear?

Sounds like he is a fan - or even participant - of the TV show “Grumpy Old Men”

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Millemissen:

StUrrock:

MM

Speaker cones would be good start Stick out tongue

BeoNut since '75

SHEFFIELD
Top 500 Contributor
260 Posts
Bronze Member

Personally, I’m not at all impressed with the picture quality of BeoVision 12, way to soft for my liking...

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,854 Posts
Bronze Member

SHEFFIELD:

Personally, I’m not at all impressed with the picture quality of BeoVision 12, way to soft for my liking...

That's the first person I've known who said they aren't impressed with a BV12-65. Incredible. One would be slightly paranoid you're only interested in shifting the latest sets? Big Smile

Seriously, I have a BV11-46 and the picture is very different. It's maybe slightly better for sport. It's far sharper and brighter. The BV12-65 is much better for movies and a picture which requires a warmer and smoother panel. However, not being impressed is something I've never heard before - my Avant 55" MKI was a shocker in comparison.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,472 Posts
Bronze Member

eh?

Am i reading that correctly?

I have an Avant 55 Mk1 and a 12-65 - the 12-65 is so much more the capable TV it's not even really that close.

SHEFFIELD
Top 500 Contributor
260 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

SHEFFIELD:

That's the first person I've known who said they aren't impressed with a BV12-65. Incredible. One would be slightly paranoid you're only interested in shifting the latest sets? Big Smile

Seriously, I have a BV11-46 and the picture is very different. It's maybe slightly better for sport. It's far sharper and brighter. The BV12-65 is much better for movies and a picture which requires a warmer and smoother panel. However, not being impressed is something I've never heard before - my Avant 55" MKI was a shocker in comparison.

Not the case at all regarding shifting the latest product, always been slightly embarrassed selling BV12 - BV11 is far better in my opinion. Everyone views images differently. The Eclipse is the best picture I have ever seen...

Page 5 of 6 (76 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL