Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beovision 14 the end of Bang Olufsen Tv

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 75 Replies | 3 Followers

stuart50_1
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
stuart50_1 posted on Wed, Dec 13 2017 3:16 PM

Hi all

I have been a very long and loyal Bang Olufsen customer . Last year I bought the Beovision 14 , with the Android system , I appreciate the fact that B&O are a small Tv company , I also under stand that B&O need to do something to keep in the market place. I have been informed by my retailer that when B&O run out of the panels for the Avant and 14  that will be the end of production. And the LG will be the way forward using both LG panels but also their operating system.

I like how everybody has bought a Beo 14 will be left with a very expensive experiment that did not work . We are still experiencing crashing and the fact it does not always turn on my skybox , it has to be pressed twice for it to work

It will be just like the BeoMaster 5 with no software to connect the system . The dealer has said that the 14 will still get updates to remedy its issues? Yes of course it will when it looks like there having similar problems with the Eclipse their new flagship TV. I know they both operate on different operating systems but that is besides the point all their resources will be now be redirected into solving their eclipse issues.

My tv is just twelve months old and what are the chances of it ever been fully correct as advertised ,is this not a breach of contract as the tv is not working correctly. All the dealer does is point out that it’s Androids fault surely its B&O’s issue as the tv was released far too early ? 

Any  thoughts out there. Stuart

All Replies

Desrux
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
Desrux replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 10:35 AM

You are right - curtains are only missing on WebOS which is the OS moving forward as I can gather.

Glad to hear it is working for you. How about issues with responsiveness when navigatig the menues on the Android platform? When I have tried the platform on Avant NG or BV14 it was noticeable. Perhaps it has been fixed since then.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
508 Posts
Founder

Desrux:

You are right - curtains are only missing on WebOS which is the OS moving forward as I can gather.

Glad to hear it is working for you. How about issues with responsiveness when navigatig the menues on the Android platform? When I have tried the platform on Avant NG or BV14 it was noticeable. Perhaps it has been fixed since then.

I never had any complained about the responsiveness on my BV14 but I did notice however increased responsiveness in the latest firmware update a few weeks ago which was a pleasant surprise.

Karel.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,854 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 11:32 AM

Sandyb:

And 4k without HDR is marginal at best. I watched some 4K netflix on the 14, and the big issue was still the poor dimming on the 14, much more so than extra resolution.

Yes, it's easy to forget the BV14 has an old 4K panel missing many key features such as HDR.

One thing I don't like about my BV11 is the speed from pressing the remote to showing a picture. Takes far too long. Almost twice the length as the BV12.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,074 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 12:04 PM

Try owning an Avant!  You press "TV" at kick off, and you're almost guaranteed to catch the second half Geeked

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,854 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 12:22 PM

9 LEE:

Try owning an Avant!  You press "TV" at kick off, and you're almost guaranteed to catch the second half Geeked

wow. Sometimes I think I musn't have pressed the remote, the BV11 takes so long to show a picture. BV12-65 is much faster!

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,359 Posts
Bronze Member
I changed the times on the Avant so it’s quicker to startup when I get up

I have the times at 6 am and after 9 I think from memory
BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,287 Posts
Silver Member
BenSA replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 1:43 PM

You can also speed up the start up on the BV11, I have forgotten what the option is called. I leave it on the economy start as I don't mind how long it takes really...

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
508 Posts
Founder

9 LEE:

Same thing for the BV14... That's one of the things I still can't get my head around how B&O could release a tv that takes 2 centuries to start-up..

The fastest TV imho in startup and changing channels imho is still the MX7000... even the original Avant and BV3 were slower in changing channels

Karel.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,470 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 2:51 PM
I own both

The Avant startup time is fine - very similar to my 12-65. Must be quick start timer thing.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,470 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 2:55 PM
True re HDR

Though the global dimming on the 14 is very bad, irrespective of HDR missing or not

Looked good for sports, bad for movies. Even for sports, my Avant is more natural with the sports I watch (golf and tennis).

Neither a patch on my 12-65 though. Not even close

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,854 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 4:29 PM

Sandyb:

Neither a patch on my 12-65 though. Not even close

I still love my BV12-65. Arguably my best B&O purchase. It came from a famous footballer manager's....bathroom. Hardly had any use, too.

Love the natural look of the BV12-65. I do wonder why more people on here don't seriously consider one? With a BeoSystem 4 it's a killer and I see them appear ocassionally at dealers - saw one this morning. Everyone who views the picture on my BV12-65 is positive. There's something about it which makes people comment.

4K might be sharper and more detailed, granted, but you can't beat the natural smoother look you received from a great plasma + BeoSystem 4 + top quality source.

beotex
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member
beotex replied on Mon, Jul 23 2018 5:03 PM
IA64:

Very happy with the Tv ? no bugs, crashes, outdated Android Tv ?

I bought it in January after it seems the software had stabilized. I think it has restarted twice in 7 months, which is better than my iPhone ;)

I don’t use the Android menu much since initial setup, so that has not been an issue. It starts up, I can select my sound mode via remote, and join the multiroom setup with ease. I have the BL18’s and BL19 through WISA and they work like a charm.

Now, maybe I’m not sophisticated in my usage, but for what I do (DirecTV or AppleTV, and multi room music) it works great. And watching the speaker appear from below is still fun to observe.
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,302 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

I still love my BV12-65. Arguably my best B&O purchase. It came from a famous footballer manager's....bathroom. Hardly had any use, too.

Love the natural look of the BV12-65. I do wonder why more people on here don't seriously consider one? With a BeoSystem 4 it's a killer and I see them appear ocassionally at dealers - saw one this morning. Everyone who views the picture on my BV12-65 is positive. There's something about it which makes people comment.

4K might be sharper and more detailed, granted, but you can't beat the natural smoother look you received from a great plasma + BeoSystem 4 + top quality source.

I’d get one but they’re still really expensive, probably for the reasons you mention. BV19 40s on the other hand are going for literally a couple of hundred pounds.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,854 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Jul 26 2018 3:55 PM

Chris Townsend:

I’d get one but they’re still really expensive, probably for the reasons you mention.

I was lucky - I picked up mine for £2000 + a trade-in (MK1 old Avant 55"). Much better than the Avant 55" in so many ways.

And for anyone who says they 'enjoy' watching the daft mechanised speaker drop down from the Avant? wow. Not only did I think that mostly pointless, noisy and boring after a while, there were so many other issues, this just made me more frustrated.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,359 Posts
Bronze Member
I enjoy watching the motorised speaker drop down and open up.
Page 4 of 6 (76 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL