Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Unidentified B&O Turntable and Questions!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Joshy
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Joshy posted on Sat, Dec 2 2017 10:54 PM

Hey there!

This is my first time posting to the site, so please take it easy. I apologize for my general lack of information and knowledge. Up until a few days ago, I knew next to nothing about B&O alltogether.

I’m in the market for a turntable, my very first, and have always been interested in the Lenco’s. I was pretty much decided upon getting one of those, until I stumbled upon a B&O turntable setup listing (https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-antiques-collectables/sea-point-three-anchor-bay/vintage-b-o-turntable-player-for-sale/1002160425690910026780909). It had no information besides mentioning a broken turntable mechanism. Despite not even knowing what model it is, I adore its looks and have read that B&O made some very solid turntables.

Which has lead me here, if you’d be so kind to help me identify what turntable and other components these are, and furnish me with general advice about it, I’d be massively greateful. 

Thank you!

All Replies

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
The turntable is a BeoGram 1000. Look it up this site’s product pages.

The speakers BeoLabs or BeoVoxs for sure. Not sure what model but the same time frame as the BG.

I am not sure of the amplifier - doesn’t have a B&O feel but vintage experts (or experts in vintage) ((or both lol)) here will correct me Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Joshy
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Joshy replied on Sat, Dec 2 2017 11:53 PM

Thank you! I’ll do some research into that model myself!

Cleviebaby
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, United Kingdom
664 Posts
Gold Member
Hi, and welcome to Beoworld.

Apart from the Beogram 1000, the photos in your link show a Beomaster 1400m and a pair of Beovox 1000s, all from the late sixties/early seventies.

The Beogram is probably the least aesthetically striking of all the B&O turntables. From just a little later, there are some stunning examples of turntable design, for example the Beogram 1200 and 1202, the Beogram 3000 and, best of all, the Beogram 4000. These are probably more representative of the classic B&O aesthetic than the more humble Beogram 1000. Worth having a look at them on the 'products' section of this site.

Cleve
Joshy
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Joshy replied on Sun, Dec 3 2017 5:41 AM

Thank you! I appreciate that.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,941 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Dec 3 2017 8:59 AM

The 1400/1600 series of receivers were a real styling departure for B&O. Sometimes called the Tandberg style, they mimicked the design of the B&O TVs of the time so the styling did have some cues. They replaced the 900 series and were much better specified. They are also beautifully made with only the Beolab 5000 really surpassing them. You don't see that many around.

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL