Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

E8 voice control not working

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
ianpugh posted on Fri, Nov 24 2017 11:08 PM

Hello,

I am quite happy with my E8's but I have realised that voice control does not work with my Android phone (Google Pixel 2). 

Tapping the right earpiece 3 times initiates voice control (music stops, acknowledgement beep, phone wakes up/voice control page comes up) but the phone will not accept subsequent voice commands from the earpiece's microphone. I have tried 2 scenarios:

1. Using voice control while holding the phone in front of me: press earpiece 3 times, get acknowledgement, see commands being heard and actioned.

2. Using voice command with phone away from me such as under a cushion or at a distance: press earpiece 3 times, get acknowledgement but no response to commands. Voice control times out and returns to music.

This tells me that voice control can be activated from the earpieces but commands cannot be given via the earpiece microphone - only via the phone's microphone.

Has anyone else had this issue? It is possible this is intentional as in the rather sparse user guide it says to press the earpiece 3 times to activate voice control but does not actually say you can use the E8's to give commands to your phone. This would be a it rubbish but technically correct of Beoplay.

I'd be interested to hear other's experiences. If you have voice control working (on Android) could you perform the same tests as me and let me know if you get the same results please?

Many thanks,

Ian

All Replies

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) ianpugh replied on Fri, Nov 24 2017 11:37 PM
Suggested by ianpugh

Hi again,

After some Googling I see this is a widespread issue with all Bluetooth headsets and this phone. So it's an Android problem rather than Beoplay's. 

Cheers,

Ian

ianpugh
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) ianpugh replied on Fri, Nov 24 2017 11:37 PM
Suggested by ianpugh

Hi again,

After some Googling I see this is a widespread issue with all Bluetooth headsets and this phone. So it's an Android problem rather than Beoplay's. 

Cheers,

Ian

Jorm2001
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

It works well with my Note 9 and E8 firmware 5.6

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL