Vegard
Not Ranked
Bergen, Norway
8 Posts
Bronze Member
Vegard posted on Thu, Nov 16 2017 11:56 AM

hi,

hope its okay to start a new tread on this, did not find anywhere else to ask

just bought a M5 today, i could not find it in the beoplay app and det volume control made a wierd clicking sound! So i returned it and got a new one, the new one connected to the app and updated (but said failed at the end) and works fine now, exept that clicking sound, i have testet other M5’s and they do not make this wierd sound! Anyone had this problem? Is it supposed to be there? Software/hardware issue? 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
64 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) DanTop replied on Thu, Jan 11 2018 10:25 AM
Verified by Vegard

Hi Vegard

As far as i know that click sound when turning volume up and down is just a new function, added with the latest software update. 

Not sure that it is a good idea though. But its there to indicate that the volume is changing. If you use the app instead of the ”wheel” on the speaker you dont have to hear it. 

Hopefully b&o will take it away with the next update. 

All Replies

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
64 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) DanTop replied on Thu, Jan 11 2018 10:25 AM
Verified by Vegard

Hi Vegard

As far as i know that click sound when turning volume up and down is just a new function, added with the latest software update. 

Not sure that it is a good idea though. But its there to indicate that the volume is changing. If you use the app instead of the ”wheel” on the speaker you dont have to hear it. 

Hopefully b&o will take it away with the next update. 

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
296 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Thu, Jan 11 2018 10:38 AM

in the set-up you should be able to switch it off; in german go to „Einstellungen“>“Direktbedienung“

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
179 Posts
Silver Member
Ralf replied on Thu, Jan 11 2018 3:16 PM

Click sound is not new. It is configurable like egges mentioned already.

New was the function to switch title / musicstation by pressing down and rotating simultaneously. Introduced someday last summer:-)

Ralf

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
64 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Thu, Jan 11 2018 4:39 PM

The unupdated m5s I heard doesnt have the click sound. 

How is it turned off?

Vegard
Not Ranked
Bergen, Norway
8 Posts
Bronze Member
Vegard replied on Thu, Jan 11 2018 11:54 PM

Thank you for the replies

Well thats funny, I sent a video of the sound to Beoplay Support, they said that this was not expected behavior and told me to ship it to them in Germany. They received it 7.12 and I haven’t heard from them since..  

It sounds like a mini-jack being plugged/unplugged when i press(!) or turn the wheel. Would never expect it to be a feature. Tried to change every setting in the B&O app, but the sound did not go away. Hope I will be able to remove it when they return it 😁

Also, the Beoplay App did not find the speaker, but i understand that is to much to expect? 

DanTop
Top 500 Contributor
64 Posts
Bronze Member
DanTop replied on Fri, Jan 12 2018 1:53 PM

The M5 should be possible to use in both apps

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL