BeoSound Core Compatibility

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 55 Replies | 5 Followers

dgarratt
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
dgarratt posted on Sat, Nov 11 2017 8:03 AM

Hi All, I have a number of B&O products however I thinking of purchasing a BeoSound Core for my main 3rd party system and i'm wondering if I can use the BeoSound Core and connect it to my 3rd party DAC via the optical out on the Core. I could then essentially control this 3rd part system with the BO App.

Would appreciate any advise.

All Replies

alee
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member
alee replied on Wed, Oct 3 2018 12:04 AM

Ok. After about 2 weeks of listening...I am returning to mu original thought. The “soft crackling noise” is imperceptible at any volume worth listening at. I’m going ahead and saying the beosound core and beolab 5s are totally working ok with each other. 

I don’t know why B&O doesn’t think these work together, but they definitely seem to be working just fine to me. Use with confidence!

danne99
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello,

Is there a special setting to choose in the core to let in know that you are hooked up a pair of lab5s?

So the core knows that is going to send sound via optical and control via powerlink?

David
Not Ranked
Dubai, UAE
27 Posts
Silver Member

In short, yes. With the Optical/Coax converter connected you need to change the settings on the Core as follows. See attached.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,268 Posts
Bronze Member

Nice one and probably not very well known.

Will the BL5’s then turn on, when played to from the Core - using the app, AirPlay/ChromeCast or the BeoRemote One/BT (and off again).......anyone tried that combination?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

David
Not Ranked
Dubai, UAE
27 Posts
Silver Member
David replied on Tue, Feb 5 2019 6:47 AM

When controlling everything via the Core (and therefore the app), yes. Power on/off and also volume is controlled by powerlink connection, and the audio signal is transmitted via the Optical/Coaxial connection. 

I also had success when activating the system using other components connected to Core - eg Bluetooth connection to an Apple TV also worked well. 

Didn't try the BeoRemote One/BT - my system is a stand along Core/Beolab 5 combination. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,268 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for coming back on that!

I guess that could be interesting for some of the (other) BL5 owners.

P.S. I supposed that you know, that the BROne/bt now works with the Core - that makes controlling a lot easier (no app needed just for vlume changes, direct access to radio stations etc)..

MM

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
262 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Tue, Feb 5 2019 10:29 AM

Hi,

Just a thought. Maybe not so good that the Core will send 48khz when all music is recorded in 44,1 khz (or high resulution in 88,2khz and 96 khz).

Will the Core convert all 44,1khz music to 48 khz? In that case the sound could degrade a little bit.

Much better is to put the Beolab 5 in "Option 1" and buy an external (from other brand) streamer and get the sound correct (with 44,1 khz output) all the way with a Coax-cable directly to the Labs 5 and not a Coax/toslink-converter.

Best Regards
Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), New! Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,268 Posts
Bronze Member

How much this code convertion will be noticeable when listening, only a test could show (and do you know what is going on in a non-B&O streamer?).

By the way that is also what happens in an ATV connected via HDMI, when people airplay music to it!

However, the ease of controlling the combo would mean very much to me.

The coax/toslink conversion should not be an issue.

The BL5’s are old speakers - with the 50/90 B&O has taken a huge step forward.

But there are lots of BL5’s out there.

I see this Core option as a possibility - what it is worth in the end only testing for a somehow longer period can tell.

MM

danne99
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello, thanks for that info but isnt it strange not to put it in highest bitrate?

I guess do to older lab 5s they cant handle sound over 88khz.

danne99
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member

David:

In short, yes. With the Optical/Coax converter connected you need to change the settings on the Core as follows. See attached.

Where did you get this document? Is there more?

This info must be quit new?

danne99
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member

Someone?

Page 4 of 4 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL