BeoSound Core Compatibility

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 39 Replies | 3 Followers

dgarratt
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
dgarratt posted on Sat, Nov 11 2017 8:03 AM

Hi All, I have a number of B&O products however I thinking of purchasing a BeoSound Core for my main 3rd party system and i'm wondering if I can use the BeoSound Core and connect it to my 3rd party DAC via the optical out on the Core. I could then essentially control this 3rd part system with the BO App.

Would appreciate any advise.

All Replies

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
214 Posts
Bronze Member

elephant:
Christophe is correct

Perhaps if I show how this configuration is wired ?

Elephant, do you experience any lag in your setup when sending masterlink sound to the Core or the Essence? And how about vice versa?

I remember last year, there was some talk in another thread about a Core skii with IR-eye capability. Has anybody picked up any news on this?

Also, is the BeoRemote One able to control the Core?

Our friends in Manchester have a new video up on the Core, but nothing we didn't already know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTYZuEQioEg 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,076 Posts
Founder
StKong:

Elephant, do you experience any lag in your setup when sending masterlink sound to the Core or the Essence? And how about vice versa?

None that my ears have detected.

I did buy the delay device but I have never had to use it.

BeoNut since '75

Shane
Not Ranked
Australia
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Shane replied on Tue, May 1 2018 4:30 AM

Hi all,

I’m a newby to this forum so please be kind. :)

I’m due to receive a pair of BeoLab 20’s and Beosound Core in th next few days. I will connect optical out from my LG TV to the optical in on the core. I will then connect both speakers with PL (cat 7 Ethernet) cables. I’m hoping it will be straight forward to control streaming and volume using the B&O app.

I would like to control volume using the TV remote sometimes, however. The dealer said I would need to purchase a B&O remote and beoeye, which would set me back 700 AUD (approx 550 USD). Seems excessive just to control volume, even by B&O standards. I read that the RCV-3000 IR receiver can plug into the USB port of the Beolab Transmitter 1. Does anyone know if it will work directly into the Beosound Core USB port?

the RCV3000 supposedly works with modern TVs including LG.

50 USD would be much better than 550USD!! 

If it doesn’t work, I might buy a Transmitter and connect it to the optical out of the Core. It will probably set me back the same amount but would give me WISA wireless capability. 

Thanks for for any advice 

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
277 Posts
Bronze Member

RCV3000 only Works with IR, so the newest LG will not Work as they use Bluetooth.

Then you could choose a tv with regulated optical output as Sony.

What I would do, would be purchase an Essense remote, which also would be handy when you use the core for music.

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,168 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Tue, May 1 2018 6:54 AM

Shane:
I’m due to receive a pair of BeoLab 20’s and Beosound Core in th next few days

Welcome on Beoworld Shane and congratulations Smile

I think the Beoplay S8 connection hub may be an other solution for what you want to do (to be confirmed by others)

Please make a search on this forum about LG remote and S8 (the Connection Hub learns the IR commands from your TV remote)

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
277 Posts
Bronze Member

You do not have audio connections as spotify, Airplay and so on, in the connection hub. So I would not go that way.

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,812 Posts
Bronze Member

Emil Jensen:

What I would do, would be purchase an Essense remote, which also would be handy when you use the core for music.

+1

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

alee
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
alee replied on Tue, Jul 10 2018 7:08 PM

Has there been any update to the BS Core/BL5 compatibility issue?  I’m looking at buying a core to integrate my BL5s with the rest of my AV system. Right now I’m using my BS9K (aux in) to send audio from my TV and M50.2 to the BL5s. 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,088 Posts
Gold Member

Hi alee,

As far as I am aware, there is no change to B&O's "workaround" with the optical to co-axial converter still being needed between the Core and the Beolab 5 speakers.  For your setup, I would suggest keeping the Beolab 5s connected to the Beosound 9000 and linking the Core to the Aux input socket with this cable:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/playmaker-and-essence-wireless-streaming/rj45-to-aux-input-cable-airplay-on-your-bo-system

Your TV can then connect to the 3.5mm combined optical/analogue input of the Core to share the speakers.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

alee
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
alee replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 9:20 PM

So Powerlink Core->BL5 is still bad?  That's shocking.

Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL