rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 31 Replies | 0 Followers

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,413 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoGreg posted on Fri, Nov 3 2017 6:21 PM

I received a letter today with a wee catalog for the introduction of a new color (dark green) for : M5, BS 1 + 2, BS 35 and A9.

May interest a few of you...

can’t attach a pic, but dark green is dark green (military/olive).

All Replies

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
496 Posts
Gold Member
Front and last pages of the little (A5) B&O gift brochure

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
157 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Fri, Nov 17 2017 12:56 PM

High quality pictures here:

http://www.recordere.dk/2017/11/goer-klar-groenne-bo-produkter/

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mki (w/ Chromecast Audio), H2, H3, H8.

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
496 Posts
Gold Member
Thanks Mikael, i only made some quick and dirty snap shots of the brochure that came with the newspaper (Berlingske) at work (in Denmark) today.

mrCTE
Not Ranked
64 Posts
Bronze Member
mrCTE replied on Mon, Nov 20 2017 7:40 PM

They look stunning irl. I saw a BeoSound 2 today, and in the light of the shop, it was a lot more discreet and beautiful than the pictures suggest. Though I do think a brushed black or graphite iteration would be rather spectacular...

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
394 Posts
Bronze Member
I got my green BeoSound 1 on Friday. Love it (although not really a very strong green - more like an oily warm grey).

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,415 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Nov 21 2017 11:38 PM
Chris Hassell:

I got my green BeoSound 1 on Friday. Love it (although not really a very strong green - more like an oily warm grey).

We need a picture Chris.......
Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
394 Posts
Bronze Member
I’m trying! Not working too well from my phone at the mo!!

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Nov 22 2017 12:52 AM

I'm always curious about B&O's thinking in their different colors, more to the point, different colored aluminum. I doubt an owner would buy 3 different items with 3 different anodized aluminum covers. I can totally understand the interchangeable cloth or plastic speaker covers, but their brass / champagne, etc. products... how many **additional** sales are they generating? Or are those aluminum product runs limited or made to order? If I had a BV11/14 in the classic aluminum / black bezel, and then fancied a brass bezel, am I left to buy a whole new TV? The same goes for the BS1 & 2 & 3500. I just don't understand marketing / sales. (Before someone brings up different colored iPods, that's a whole different price point and ballgame).

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Nov 22 2017 12:59 AM
US version...

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,413 Posts
Bronze Member
I’m not green with envy for those Harmonies products.

I’d like a Beosound 2 one day and it will be "standard" color.

They are nice and well made but for a long term relation still very green.
Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
760 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal:

I'm always curious about B&O's thinking in their different colors, more to the point, different colored aluminum. I doubt an owner would buy 3 different items with 3 different anodized aluminum covers. I can totally understand the interchangeable cloth or plastic speaker covers, but their brass / champagne, etc. products... how many **additional** sales are they generating? Or are those aluminum product runs limited or made to order? If I had a BV11/14 in the classic aluminum / black bezel, and then fancied a brass bezel, am I left to buy a whole new TV? The same goes for the BS1 & 2 & 3500. I just don't understand marketing / sales. (Before someone brings up different colored iPods, that's a whole different price point and ballgame).

I think buying luxury items in novel colors or patterns is inherently a demonstration of the buyers confidence in their style or, often, their willingness to show that expensive luxury items are frivolous and fleeting to them.

My father was a poor farmer and I remember being very young and hearing about him talk about saving up to buy the best suit he could afford that year. For him it was a luxury and he wore it to church, weddings, funerals, and eventually my graduation from grad school some 20 years later. It was black and conservative. It sure wasn’t cobalt blue or forest green, which in a nicely tailored suit can look amazing. Luxuries serve purposes to people differently, I think.
Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Nov 22 2017 10:42 PM

Saint Beogrowler:
Luxuries serve purposes to people differently, I think.

You're right, my post was coming from my perspective as someone who would NOT buy multiple items for the sake of color (I'm talking about items whose frets / covers can't be changed), but I'm sure there are those out there who would -- of course for different rooms of their homes, etc.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
596 Posts
Bronze Member

Well, the only thing I sometimes regret in such “multicolor” product offer is when you buy a new B&O product in neutral/aluminium color right after the launch, only to learn six months later there comes a (for example) Harmonies line which might fit even better to your aesthetics... ...nothing wrong with the original one, of course - but if you knew some color you particularly like will come you would have waited for it.

And about the Harmonies color, I can imagine it looks spectacularly luxe.

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
394 Posts
Bronze Member

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,552 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Nov 29 2017 8:10 AM

Chris Hassell:

Looks awesome Smile

Amazed how the color look "gun metal" in pictures.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL