rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

jruffino
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
jruffino posted on Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:17 PM

Greetings -

I have a pair of beolab penta ii's that I am trying to "properly" connect to my beocenter 9000.  The wire that I am currently using is a 2 prong DIN that plugs into the back of the beocenter.  The other end of the wires is just bare wire that go into the black/red sockets under the speaker.  It looks like there are other sockets to plug into on the bottom of the pentas, but i cant seem to locate the proper ones -- the socket on the bottom of the speaker is different then the 2 prong DIN.  There is supposed to be a digital display on the penta speakers that communicates with the beocenter, but I need it wired properly for this to be visible.

Does anyone have any insight or advice?

Thank you for your help!!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Mico
Not Ranked
Finland
12 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Mico replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 6:58 PM
Verified by Mico

hello,

Best way to connect BC9000 and BL Penta II´s is to use speakerlink cables. They look a little like Din ones but have three pins. I´m not sure if they are still available from dealers. This way you get the displays working as well.

B/R, Mikko

All Replies

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
817 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:22 PM

I think you will need a converter lead as the output on the 9000 is for passive speakers and the Pentas are Active - there are people on this site that can supply them and I'm sure will reply

jruffino
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

thanks for the info.  i am fairly new to the B&O world and am working on optimizing my setup.  Does the fact that the active speakers are connected to a passive speaker mean it could be detrimental to the speakers in any way?  What exactly is a converter lead?  Are they scarce? 

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
817 Posts
Silver Member
Andrew replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 1:49 PM
Hi, no i think you can still get then, i've never tried them so cant comment on how they sound
Mico
Not Ranked
Finland
12 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Mico replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 6:58 PM
Verified by Mico

hello,

Best way to connect BC9000 and BL Penta II´s is to use speakerlink cables. They look a little like Din ones but have three pins. I´m not sure if they are still available from dealers. This way you get the displays working as well.

B/R, Mikko

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Uppsala, Sweden
239 Posts
Bronze Member
Johan replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 7:08 PM

Mico:

hello,

B/R, Mikko

Four pins, actually. Email Steve at soundsheavenly.co.uk. I think he has some.

/  Johan

WalkingPossession
Top 200 Contributor
Manchester
360 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

just click on the blue advertising link for 'soundsheavenly' at the bottom of this page. Whatever cabling you require, Steve will advise you and supply you. Delivery very quick too, same day despatch.

cheers

Michael

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL