Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Bang & Olufsen app iPad support now in beta

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 114 Replies | 4 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
210 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen posted on Fri, Oct 6 2017 3:02 PM

Hi all

I'm happy to announce that iPad support is now available on TestFlight for our beta users. We have been working on this for the last two months and are finally close to completion. The first version will not give you a new UI experience but will make everything work in landscape and portrait. Please try it out and let us know what you think. If you are not yet a beta user and want to become one, please send me a private message through this forum and i will add you. 

Known issues

Player layout can break if orientation changes while on another page

Setup pages for Google Cast and BeoSound Shape are still not working well in landscape

Best regards

Thomas Andersen, Bang & Olufsen

All Replies

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
331 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Sat, Oct 14 2017 12:01 AM

According to iOS the B&O app consumed 57% of the battery by the time the battery went into the red zone.

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
331 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Sat, Oct 14 2017 12:04 AM

According to iOS the B&O app consumed 57% of the battery by the time the battery went into the red zone.

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,644 Posts
Bronze Member

Updated my app....and saw that the iPad version is there - for everyone.

Thanks a lot - been waiting for this ;-)

Next step - I hope - will be to make it possible from within the app to start audio sources on the tv's.

Starting the NetRadio on the tv would be great or chose the tv as player for the DLNA collection etc.

By the way, the content of the/my NAS is show real quick now.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,644 Posts
Bronze Member

...and how about being able to choose a 'black' or a 'white' theme?

I'd prefer the 'black' - the 'white' is too bright....especially in the evening/at night.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,534 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Oct 16 2017 11:05 PM

completely agree.....black is much better to me.

White looks unfinished, like a draft version.

Black backgrounds look better, as they do in Spotify and Tidal.

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
94 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Thomas

Nice with the iPad version !

Let me tak the opportunity to add request for two topics for coming relases

- Possibility to sort or re-arrange the products under the Home bottom. Example - in my kitchen I use some products often, but they are on page two (on the iPad version)

- Support for Apple Watch (as in the old Beomusic)

(don't know if this is the right forum - but here it is)

Best regards

Rudi from Herning, Denmark

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Tue, Oct 17 2017 10:33 AM

i've just noticed that i can't switch my favourite TuneIn-stations within the app. did i oversee anything in the set-up?

concerning apple watch: it would be fine if it will be independent from the phone, i.e. wifi-connected

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
The country formerly known as the United Kingdom
154 Posts
Gold Member

The last update to the app seems to have broken a bunch of things.  I can no longer find my DLNA server (Twonky on a Mac Pro) which my Moment has no trouble with (never thought I'd say that!) and I am unable to play from Apple Music for more than a few minutes before the song gets cut off.  Either one of those issues on their own wouldn't be a big issue, but to have both really sucks.

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
210 Posts
Bronze Member

Battery issues is our highest priority right now, and has been for a while. It has proven to be the hardest one yet.

@Rudi: Yes will support re-arrange. Not sure about he Apple watch, I think it is more and more turning into a fitness device and I'm unsure on how many will use it on a day to day basis

@egges: Sounds like a bug, could you please send a feedback from the app?

@andy_js: Seems you have several issues. I'm going to reach out to you shortly

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,568 Posts
Bronze Member

There is no volume control of the ML v.master TVs set to be controlled though the app via BLC. Nor is there volume control of Moments using those TVs' speakers.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Oct 19 2017 1:26 AM

andy_js:

The last update to the app seems to have broken a bunch of things.  I can no longer find my DLNA server (Twonky on a Mac Pro) which my Moment has no trouble with (never thought I'd say that!) and I am unable to play from Apple Music for more than a few minutes before the song gets cut off.  Either one of those issues on their own wouldn't be a big issue, but to have both really sucks.

Is this Version 1.2? (I haven't updated the B&O application, and won't, for the foreseeable future if upon every version update, there are issues which cripple usability)

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
210 Posts
Bronze Member

@Seethroughyou: We do not support the BeoMusic app anymore. You should be able to change the volume just fine on the core? Please write me directly, then I can try to help you. Native control for the BNL90 is coming into the app soon

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
210 Posts
Bronze Member

@Seethroughyou: We do not support the BeoMusic app anymore. You should be able to change the volume just fine on the core? Please write me directly, then I can try to help you. Native control for the BNL90 is coming into the app soon

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
699 Posts
Silver Member

Sorry, I said Beomusic App when what I should have said is the Bang & Olufsen app. Yes, I have only an optical Toslink between the Core and BL90 - the volume now works just fine. You have also fixed the button to get you back out of the Playlist Queue. Having BL90 native control in this app would be the icing on the cake. You should also look at reducing the number of menus - there’s still a lot tapping in and out of menus and backwards and forwards - there’s still more magic to be achieved in this software. Try to see what other manufacturers apps are like. Keep up the hard work, it’s very much appreciated and lifts the hardware and physical products to full potential when the software works beautifully. 

liberal
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member

I’ve been beta testing the B&O app for a couple of weeks now and it’s certainly moving in the right direction. There are a few enhancements that I think would make a huge advantage and add to the overall user experience. 

Home Screen

I agree with Millemissen, the white looks unfinished (too much like Bose SoundTouch!) but the option to choose black or white would be good.

The product pictures on the homepage are great if your system consists of BeoLab 18’s, 50’s, a few BeoSound 2’s or you’re a dealer, but pretty un-attractive if like me, you have mostly BeoSound Cores!

To have the option of replacing the product pictures on the homepage with personalised ones from your photo album, such as a picture of your sitting room, kitchen, dungeon, family members or just a plain background.

The ability to see what is playing in each room from the homepage, and which rooms are linked together. A small overlay on each room tile with the current song along with a small image of the album art or radio station would be good along with a standby button for each room. When clicking on the relevant room tile on the homepage would take you to the ‘Now Playing’ screen for the that room

The ability group/link rooms by dragging the room you wish to link or join onto the master room on the homepage

I would also offer the option to remove the ‘pop up’ that appears when pressing the standby button that asks you if you’re that you want to put all of your products in standby, I find it annoying.

Now Playing Screen

This looks great, very stylish. A standby button for that room would be useful without having to open up the sub menu.

A Useful Addition

As a point of interest I’ve been using a couple of Yamaha WXC 50 MusicCast pre-amplifiers in the studio over the past few months, with some Beolab 4000 & 6000 speakers.

The MusicCast app also has an optional but unique function where you can allocate four customised pre-sets from a pop up sidebar, which can be different on each I-pad.

Holding your finger on the tab for 5 seconds can program each pre-set, and the tab can be renamed. 

Whatever is currently playing such as a playlist or radio station, whichever rooms are linked and the current volume in each room is stored in the relevant pre-set. 

I have one that is labelled ‘Morning Music ’ which plays from a Deezer playlist in the office at volume 20 and the studio at volume 40. 

Although the MusicCast app lacks visual style, it does offer some great functionality, and some optional advanced features that allow the more experienced user to customise, it may be worth taking a look.

Keep up the good work,

Paul

Page 3 of 8 (115 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL