Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 41 Replies | 6 Followers

fu21
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
fu21 posted on Wed, Oct 4 2017 8:37 PM

2 Weeks with beovision eclipse 55.

g

Great picture . (well its the LG C7 panel) Great sound. Nice motorised stand. Prefer looks to Avant 55.

No curtains on putting TV into standby.

Dolby vision not possible on Apple TV when connected to Eclipse through soundcentre. It will play HDR 60Hz and this requires Belkin ultrafast cdmi cable.

No control of network link products with BeoRemote one !!!

Deezer intermittent.

Occasional audio dropping from Sky , Netflix and Amazon. Pulling plug out of socket restores it.

Netflix stream rate is intermittent ,pictures vary from 480p to 2160p (TV is hard wired to router 74Mps)

My button on remote does not function - yet.

Tv always defaults to HDMi A on start up regardless of what is selected

Very Rocky start to LG and B&O marriage

Should've gone to supersavers and then would have got the right purchase: LG0LED55C7BOZ £1900 Curry's

Once updates are produced and subsequently installed I an sure the finished product will be good.

All Replies

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member
fu21:

Make sure the power switch to the TV is easily accessible. I’ve had my eclipse 2 weeks after launch and have had to re boot it several times. Developing a nice 6 pack.

otherwise when the TV works it’s not bad for the bargain price of £8850.

Software updates will arrive ...soon! I think?

💪🏼🏋🏼‍♀️🏋🏼‍♀️💪🏼
Stan
Top 150 Contributor
608 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Sat, Dec 2 2017 5:21 PM
Carolpa:

I can't play FLAC files from the network

So if I have FLAC music on a NAS, the Eclipse cannot play it? Sorry if this is obvious, but you mention Homemedia which I am unfamiliar with.
svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
202 Posts
Bronze Member

Mikipedia:
True, i was really looking forward to getting a bs9000 mk3 but since it can’t be integrated iam hessitant to get one.

I would recommend not to go that way. Not just because of integration issues but if anything happens to BS9000, there are many parts that are not available. I was also looking at a unit some time back and that is what I got from the local B&O service center in Boston (Independent shop).

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,460 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Dec 2 2017 6:31 PM

svinaik:

Mikipedia:
True, i was really looking forward to getting a bs9000 mk3 but since it can’t be integrated iam hessitant to get one.

I would recommend not to go that way. Not just because of integration issues but if anything happens to BS9000, there are many parts that are not available. I was also looking at a unit some time back and that is what I got from the local B&O service center in Boston (Independent shop).

Which is really sad for such an iconic piece, isn't it? I have a Mk I, bought it when it first came out. Glass fell off and while it was in the shop the tech recommended replacing the laser as the early ones were failure prone. So far it still works and that was long ago, even though most of what I use it for is just to connect my Playmaker to the BL9s while providing tone controls and such, it's almost as much a work of art as a stereo component now.

When it and the BL8000 setup came out, they were the first pieces of audio gear I bought solely on pure lust. Everything before was a rational decision, I either wanted to try a technology (aka tubes) or the specs or functionality was driving it, but the BS9000, followed shortly by my decision to buy the BL8000s, was as much or more emotional as rational, although the 8000s sounded outstanding in the weird acoustics of my living room back then. Better than anything else I'd tried. The 8000s were tried before I bought them, so I knew they solved some problems in my home and sounded great there, but the 9000 was a "I have to have that art" as much as a stereo component.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Stan:

So if I have FLAC music on a NAS, the Eclipse cannot play it? Sorry if this is obvious, but you mention Homemedia which I am unfamiliar with.

That is what the store confirmed. It may be a momentary software issue - that would be my hope - not some hope that the store had volunteered.

They proved it by going to a demo play list on their in store twonky and only 3 files (all mp3s) showed up on the Eclipse.

One was the famous blue rain coat’s recording of “bird on a wire”. Which was weird on the 3way Eclipse speaker as it seem to change the sound stage I know so well.

On the plus side the Eclipse does stream Deezer’s HiFi FLAC (I was told but did not see/hear)

BeoNut since '75

ErikVonAgnar
Top 500 Contributor
193 Posts
Bronze Member

At the moment the only way to play your Lossless music collection on a NAS is via the Bang&Olufsen app. 
This is because the LG screen doesn't support Flac but the Sound Centre does. This will be fixed soon from what I have heard.

//EA

Beo in white is my thingBig Smile

Currently own: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 5, BeoLab 18, BeoRemoteOne, BeoPlay V1-32", BeoRemote4, BeoSound 3200, BeoGram 6500 (MMC-1), BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, LC2, BeoVision MX7000 and BeoLab 3

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
831 Posts
Gold Member
The bs9000 is just such a marvelous piece of art that i want it for looks alone :p i doubt i would use it often other than for radio, but if that’s already hard to use then for now it’s a no go VERY unfortunately...

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
608 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Mon, Dec 4 2017 4:27 AM
ErikVonAgnar:

At the moment the only way to play your Lossless music collection on a NAS is via the Bang&Olufsen app. This is because the LG screen doesn't support Flac but the Sound Centre does. This will be fixed soon from what I have heard.

//EA

Thanks for the info. At least it can be done. It’s not a huge deal to me since I mostly stream now, but I’m just considering worst case scenarios where streaming services are dropped (like the bs5), and maintaining some level of backward compatibility (my NAS is a BM5).

zerocool143
Top 500 Contributor
94 Posts
Bronze Member
Anyone knows how to get to the service menu for the puc setup? Also is it possible to change to a location where it is not there in the list?
fu21
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
fu21 replied on Thu, Dec 28 2017 8:41 PM

settings : select Sound and Beolink: Select Sources: choose your source Hdmi A-D: Choose Device set up and then choose PUC Table.

fu21
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
fu21 replied on Thu, Dec 28 2017 8:41 PM

settings : select Sound and Beolink: Select Sources: choose your source Hdmi A-D: Choose Device set up and then choose PUC Table.

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member
fu21:

First of all make sure you use the Belkin ultra fast HDMI cable (Apple TV 4k recommends this)

U should find stability on 4K 6O HZ HDR in audio and video settings in Apple TV Chroma is 4:2:0

I believe Dolby vision is not possible at this time

Using HDMI 1 means no control of Apple TV Using the Beoremote One.

Also enable hdmi ultra HD Deep colour on LGC7 oops B&O tv!

Anyone know if this is being fixed in an update?

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL