Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 41 Replies | 6 Followers

fu21
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
fu21 posted on Wed, Oct 4 2017 8:37 PM

2 Weeks with beovision eclipse 55.

g

Great picture . (well its the LG C7 panel) Great sound. Nice motorised stand. Prefer looks to Avant 55.

No curtains on putting TV into standby.

Dolby vision not possible on Apple TV when connected to Eclipse through soundcentre. It will play HDR 60Hz and this requires Belkin ultrafast cdmi cable.

No control of network link products with BeoRemote one !!!

Deezer intermittent.

Occasional audio dropping from Sky , Netflix and Amazon. Pulling plug out of socket restores it.

Netflix stream rate is intermittent ,pictures vary from 480p to 2160p (TV is hard wired to router 74Mps)

My button on remote does not function - yet.

Tv always defaults to HDMi A on start up regardless of what is selected

Very Rocky start to LG and B&O marriage

Should've gone to supersavers and then would have got the right purchase: LG0LED55C7BOZ £1900 Curry's

Once updates are produced and subsequently installed I an sure the finished product will be good.

All Replies

AngloApulian
Top 500 Contributor
London, UK
82 Posts
Bronze Member

With the drop-outs on HDMI A on the SoundCentre - Could this possibly be a software bug for B&O to fix on the SoundCentre itself?

Does as anyone know if any of this feedback has been sent back to B&O? 

As for HDMI 1 on the panel itself, I could see how that would be an issue for Apple to resolve. 

Anyone else experience issues with other devices connected through the SoundCentre?

fu21
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
fu21 replied on Sat, Oct 14 2017 2:26 PM

First of all make sure you use the Belkin ultra fast HDMI cable (Apple TV 4k recommends this)

U should find stability on 4K 6O HZ HDR in audio and video settings in Apple TV Chroma is 4:2:0

I believe Dolby vision is not possible at this time 

Using HDMI 1 means no control of Apple TV Using the Beoremote One.

Also enable hdmi ultra HD Deep colour on LGC7 oops B&O tv!

fu21
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
fu21 replied on Sat, Oct 14 2017 2:35 PM

Reported to Apple and B&O a couple of days after Apple 4k tv release. Apple still investigating and B&O probably still busy bonding their Soundbars to the LGC7 panels using Gorilla glue as there has been no response from them.

tigerisak
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Bronze Member

B&O are aware of the problem:

Work-around:

Performance issue on HDMI with UDH signals above 30 Hz (FPS) or FHD 4:4:4 colour sub sampling.

Unfortunately, we have recognized performance issues with high-speed HDMI UHD signals.
We have seen set-top boxes where the signal is interrupted or you get noise on the screen when the signal frame rate is above 30Hz on UHD.
Playback of UHD HDR Blu-ray will not be affected by this because they are 24 Hz.
If you use the HDMI socket on the back of the BeoVision Eclipse (directly in the screen), there are no problems. The disadvantage here is that there is no PUC control, and the HDMI inputs can't be selected via the BeoRemote - you have to use the Bang & Olufsen app or rely on the source being selected automatically.

We recommend not to enable the HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour. We are working on a solution and we will keep you updated.

AngloApulian
Top 500 Contributor
London, UK
82 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks. Good to know they’re aware of the problem and are currently working on a solution.

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member

Anyone heard anymore on this? I got my Eclipse on the weekend - loving it so far (although REALLY want them to add more B&O to the interface). Annoying Dolby Vision doesn't work through HDMI A/B/C/D - it better do with an update!

Current annoying things:

- Can't link to remote sources (so can't set speaker options for when I join my BeoSound Essence for example, but I can probably get round this using the BLGW). JOIN does work well however - seems quick. Love that it has Airplay built-in as well so really easy to get friends to play their music through my speaker setup.

- Haven't tested the BLGW with it yet but from playing in-store it appears to accept commands from the BLGW. However it doesn't yet pass through LIGHT and CONTROL commands to BLGW - not really acceptable so hopefully this is added soon!

- NO CURTAINS! Too much LG.

- Not able to remove sources I don't want (such as all the LG apps) so there's loads on the remote screen I don't want there. Would also like to be able to edit LIST contents for each source.

I have to say thought - the sound from the TV itself is AMAZING! I'm sure it's not the case but the sound being sent through my 4 BL18s seems to be better as well!

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

jacobjust
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

Same here ... having several problems with HDMI ports on SoundCentre. All info sent to B&O.
Complete silence from B&O on this matter... kind of worrying...  

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
841 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Hassell:
so can't set speaker options for when I join my BeoSound Essence for example
actually you can..

on BR1 - List - Speaker - your defined Speaker settings 

Chris Hassell:
Not able to remove sources I don't want (such as all the LG apps) so there's loads on the remote screen I don't want there. Would also like to be able to edit LIST contents for each source.
Partly can be done

BR1 - Home button - select the to be deleted app - up button - confirm with OK (edit: but not the LG apps)

The LIST command are source dependent, but I didn't find a way to remove or move them

Chris Hassell:
I have to say thought - the sound from the TV itself is AMAZING! I'm sure it's not the case but the sound being sent through my 4 BL18s seems to be better as well
I find it the best sound I ever experienced from a BV

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member

Carolpa:

Chris Hassell:
so can't set speaker options for when I join my BeoSound Essence for example
actually you can..

on BR1 - List - Speaker - your defined Speaker settings

I mean when you swap to a source automatically - you used to be able to predefine options for linked sources on previous BO TVs. Again, I could do this with the BLGW but it's a feature that's been removed from what previous models did.

Carolpa:
Chris Hassell:
Not able to remove sources I don't want (such as all the LG apps) so there's loads on the remote screen I don't want there. Would also like to be able to edit LIST contents for each source.
Partly can be done

BR1 - Home button - select the to be deleted app - up button - confirm with OK (edit: but not the LG apps)

The LIST command are source dependent, but I didn't find a way to remove or move them

Exactly - loads of silly LG apps visible on my B&O remote and no ability to edit the LIST manually (as you can in IR mode on the BR1)

Carolpa:
Chris Hassell:
I have to say thought - the sound from the TV itself is AMAZING! I'm sure it's not the case but the sound being sent through my 4 BL18s seems to be better as well
I find it the best sound I ever experienced from a BV

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
841 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Hassell:
I mean when you swap to a source automatically - you used to be able to predefine options for linked sources on previous BO TVs. Again, I could do this with the BLGW but it's a feature that's been removed from what previous models did.
you mean to predefine Speaker groups and Sound mode for sources of the BV Eclipse? This can be set in a simular way as on a BV11.

Actually until now I only found one major difference with the BV11 - some functionallities of Homemedia: 1. I can't play FLAC files from the network. 2. Multichannel music files are not supported.

fu21
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member
fu21 replied on Mon, Nov 27 2017 8:44 PM

Still no response for Apple TV 4K. Told to be patient.

Unfortunately no future support for NL/ML converter. Hard wire older products to Eclipse for some functionality i.e lets the system play thru speakers but no control of CD or Radio using BeoRemote one.

Possibly the beginning of the death knell for Classic B&O.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,273 Posts
Bronze Member

fu21:

That probly had to come.

Less and less users wanting to integrate older stuff with the newest.....when we count out those, who are on Beoworld ;-))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,822 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Nov 28 2017 9:45 AM

Millemissen:

fu21:

That probly had to come.

Putting aside so-called negativity on this board, when actual Eclipse owners make comments like this, times are seriously worrying. These are owners, using the TV, stating they are disappointed with the product and brand direction.

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
857 Posts
Gold Member
True, i was really looking forward to getting a bs9000 mk3 but since it can’t be integrated iam hessitant to get one.

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member
Carolpa:

you mean to predefine Speaker groups and Sound mode for sources of the BV Eclipse? This can be set in a simular way as on a BV11.

Actually until now I only found one major difference with the BV11 - some functionallities of Homemedia: 1. I can't play FLAC files from the network. 2. Multichannel music files are not supported.

For LINKED sources.

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL