rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
999 Posts
Bronze Member
seethroughyou posted on Wed, Sep 20 2017 6:51 PM

I couldn't but help laugh out loud when Trump called Kim a 'Rocketman'. This thought mingled with my loev for B&O and I wondered what we would all do if somehow Kim missed Guam and hit Struer instead...There's nothing quite like our B&O despite all the recent frustrations aired.

What would you reach out for?

Is there another brand that would come a close second?

What have you heard and seen that you'd buy if B&O was no more - brings tears to my eyes Crying?

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,355 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Sep 20 2017 8:04 PM

seethroughyou:

I couldn't but help laugh out loud when Trump called Kim a 'Rocketman'. This thought mingled with my loev for B&O and I wondered what we would all do if somehow Kim missed Guam and hit Struer instead...There's nothing quite like our B&O despite all the recent frustrations aired.

This has to be up there as the oddest question ever. It's up there.

If B&O was nuked, I wouldn't be sitting on my sofa thinking "darn! my favourite TV brand is gone....what can I now watch Eastenders on instead?" when an all-out nuclear war is going on around my ears :)

Amazingly, I think I could live without B&O in that scenario.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,991 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Wed, Sep 20 2017 8:16 PM

The problem is that I have invested heavily in B&O. I fell in love with the design qualities in the 70s and know all about the progression of the brand. I also love the Danes - a pleasanter nationality is impossible to imagine. Every Dane I have met has seemed genuinely pleased to meet me and invariably speaks English practically perfectly.

I am not enamoured with the present line though and am not a great lover of televisions. The only thing that interests me with the present set up is Geoff Martin who is a fascinating chap - practically a polymath.

Therefore replacing B&O is not a question of choosing a new brand, but changing my entire way of thinking, which I am not about to do. I will however be remaining with my present equipment and keeping the faith!

If pressed, 70s Quad is my other secret passion!

Peter

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,991 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Wed, Sep 20 2017 8:23 PM

moxxey:

seethroughyou:

This has to be up there as the oddest question ever. It's up there.

If B&O was nuked, I wouldn't be sitting on my sofa thinking "darn! my favourite TV brand is gone....what can I now watch Eastenders on instead?" when an all-out nuclear war is going on around my ears :)

Amazingly, I think I could live without B&O in that scenario.

This of course makes me feel like the British ambassador to the UN, who, when asked by a local radio station what he would really like for Christmas, replied that a nice box of his favourite chocolates and a new pair of slippers would be rather pleasant. He was mortified to later hear on the radio that the US ambassador had wished for world peace, the French for an end to violence in the Middle East and the German for a happy united continent of Europe, but that the British wanted chocolates and a pair of slippers.

Having said that, he was probably the only one granted his wish.

Peter

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Sep 20 2017 8:25 PM

Of more import and likelihood, what happens to the Eclipse when Little Kim decides to tear Seoul a new backside? How many LG panels do you think will get shipped during Korean War Part Deux?

But the question is part and parcel of why B&O's situation is so upsetting to me, not only their business prospects but the declining quality of their designs and such, there really is no other company that is as design oriented, I might even say not even B&O anymore.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Tucker
Top 200 Contributor
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA
439 Posts
Gold Member
Tucker replied on Fri, Sep 22 2017 7:12 PM

Supreme leader Kim is really embracing this Rocket man thing...  Laughing

https://youtu.be/CBPZ65uPmfA 

Beosound 9000 MK III, Beosound Century, Beogram 5005, Beolab 8000, Beolab 5000,  Beolab 4000, Beolab 5, Beovision 8, Beovision 10, Beovision 5, Beoplay A2, Beoplay E8, Beoplay H6.

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
856 Posts
Bronze Member

Yesterday I got my personal Struer-Guardsman with the gun and so we are ready for Kim! Whistle

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL