Can't get passive speakers to come on

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 1 Follower

tlnieman
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
tlnieman posted on Wed, Sep 20 2017 12:09 AM

I have a problem with a system that installed in my house before I bought it. Forgive me if I misstate something - I am not an expert on how all of this works.

I have a BEOSound 9000 with two active speaker sets (BEOLab 8000 and BEOLab 3500) and three passive sets (CX100 and two others) with transceivers.  The passives route through a ML/MCL Converter and a relay box (MCL 2A BLI).  I can not get the passive speakers to respond to the remote at the transceiver. Nothing seems to happen.  I have this problem on occasion and can usually play with the remotes until I get it to work, but not this time. In 2012 I got a tech on the phone from the San Francisco store to walk me through a set of steps to get it to work.  Unfortunately, I did not write the steps down - I think the issue was getting the passive speakers to recognize the same source (CD, whatever) as the BEOSound9000 system.

Does that make sense to anyone? I have tried every sequence of steps with both my BEO4 and BeoLink 1000 remotes. I suppose I could have a different and worse problem, but I'm hoping it's just a series of remote control steps.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL