BV Avant and BV 14 discontinued?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Achantus
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Founder
Achantus posted on Thu, Sep 14 2017 7:16 PM

Today I received an email from my dealer. The production of BV Avant and BV 14 has stopped. Remaining televisions can be ordered now from the factory.

Can somebody confirm this? If this is true there must be new Beovisions coming quite soon.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,657 Posts
Bronze Member

Duels:
andy_js:

I'm hoping they'll do something like a BV14 MK2 and Avant NG MK2 with HDR and continue to fix the software issues (what's happening with that September release anyway?) but I would have thought they'd have said something about it if that were in the pipeline.

They won't. It's been announced they are stopping production.

It is quite easy actually.

The long announced cooperation with LG has now brought us the BeoVision Eclipse - the first new BV of its kind.

This certainly is not a one night stand - more will follow.

Of course they won't continue to build/let build the Android-BV's.

The question now however, is how soon will we have 'replacements' for (some of) the untill now current models.

This will depend on how they estimate the buyer segment - which kind of tv is right now?

As for the design (= keeping the old design package) I am sure there will be changes.

A modern flat (I mean really flat) tv/screen demands another design language.

And the audio part has evolved - just look at/listen to the SoundCenter of the Eclipse.

I guess we can look forward to something, that might surprice us.....once again.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,657 Posts
Bronze Member

andy_js:

Apart from the motorised stand and sound bar I don't see much difference between the Eclipse and a vastly cheaper set from LG.

Please do read the new blog post from Geoff Martin, that I linked to in a recent thread.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
The country formerly known as the United Kingdom
154 Posts
Gold Member
andy_js replied on Sun, Sep 17 2017 12:52 PM
I read it already. My gripe is not with the sound bar (yeah it has some audio processing built in, but so do other high end bars) its with the package. With B&O that's what we pay for.

I can live with my BV11 having a SAMSUNG panel because the overall the package is greater than the sum of the parts. With the Eclipse I'm not yet convinced.

To me the Eclipse seems to have more of a Horizon vibe. Yes the technology is cutting edge but it doesn't feel like a successor to the BV7 or Avant and the price makes it harder to swallow that pill.
andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
154 Posts
Gold Member
andy_js replied on Sun, Sep 17 2017 12:55 PM
That depends. Does anyone the Rolls have a nice set of alloys (stand) and a spoiler (sound bar) or are there more differences? I don't think it's a fair comparison.
andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
154 Posts
Gold Member
andy_js replied on Sun, Sep 17 2017 12:57 PM
Sorry for my atrocious typing, these messages were sent from an IPhone.
Page 3 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL