BV Avant and BV 14 discontinued?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Achantus
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Founder
Achantus posted on Thu, Sep 14 2017 7:16 PM

Today I received an email from my dealer. The production of BV Avant and BV 14 has stopped. Remaining televisions can be ordered now from the factory.

Can somebody confirm this? If this is true there must be new Beovisions coming quite soon.

All Replies

ciosad
Not Ranked
Atlanta, GA
21 Posts
Bronze Member
ciosad replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 12:25 PM

Sorry for perhaps a dumb question (I'm still new)...  Does interchangeable panel indicate a customer's individual set would be upgrading to newer standards, or that B&O will iteratively rollout newer revisions of the same model?  If the Eclipse's included sound was good enough to ditch my other audio equipment & the video capabilities upgradable....  But I don't see how that would be possible.

Regarding discontinued products, how has this worked in the past?

• Do dealer & 2nd hand market prices drop?
  • Is it safe to assume there would be no new enhancements, but there would be ongoing support for break/fixes?

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,291 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 12:28 PM
moxxey:

The irony is for me, it's still a stunning TV and much more balanced than the Eclipse. Shame there's no BV15 with OLED.

Agreed, it's the most visually appealing tv and very B&O style-wise.
andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
The country formerly known as the United Kingdom
154 Posts
Gold Member

I'm hoping they'll do something like a BV14 MK2 and Avant NG MK2 with HDR and continue to fix the software issues (what's happening with that September release anyway?) but I would have thought they'd have said something about it if that were in the pipeline.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,291 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 1:34 PM
andy_js:

I'm hoping they'll do something like a BV14 MK2 and Avant NG MK2 with HDR and continue to fix the software issues (what's happening with that September release anyway?) but I would have thought they'd have said something about it if that were in the pipeline.

They won't. It's been announced they are stopping production.
andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
154 Posts
Gold Member

You don't know that.  They haven't said why they're stopping production.  It's conceivable that they have stopped production of those sets and starting producing new ones.  That's what they did with the Avant NG.  They just started showing up in dealer's stores.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,291 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 2:02 PM
andy_js:

You don't know that. They haven't said why they're stopping production. It's conceivable that they have stopped production of those sets and starting producing new ones. That's what they did with the Avant NG. They just started showing up in dealer's stores.

Well let's see what happens.
BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
575 Posts
Bronze Member

The BV14-40/55  and Avant 75 are the End of Life models being phased out. Avant 55 and 85 will live a bit longer. 

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

Top 500 Contributor
244 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 4:19 PM

And the BV 11-46? It is still listed on the website. The BV10/11/14-design is a classic; but reengineering costs for a BV 11/14 "LG Edition" would probably too high..

Top 500 Contributor
244 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 4:19 PM

And the BV 11-46? It is still listed on the website. The BV10/11/14-design is a classic; but reengineering costs for a BV 11/14 "LG Edition" would probably too high..

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
575 Posts
Bronze Member

The 11-46 has been End of Life for a long time. Once inventory depletes, it too will go away. 

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,885 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 5:33 PM

Duels:
andy_js:

You don't know that. They haven't said why they're stopping production. It's conceivable that they have stopped production of those sets and starting producing new ones. That's what they did with the Avant NG. They just started showing up in dealer's stores.

Well let's see what happens.

I don't think we'll see new models. I think it's really cost prohibitive for B&O to produce the custom frame and other components and doing that around an off-the-shelf LG panel. It would be tough. I don't think that's what B&O intends to do in the future, which is really sad.

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
154 Posts
Gold Member
Well the new sets do cost 10 grand. It think having the panel in a decent frame isn't too much to ask.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,885 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 7:13 PM

andy_js:
Well the new sets do cost 10 grand. It think having the panel in a decent frame isn't too much to ask.

Yes, but think about this: they are £10K without the frame. Can you imagine the cost with the frame etc? And now you see why it's unlikely to happen.

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
154 Posts
Gold Member

moxxey:

Yes, but think about this: they are £10K without the frame. Can you imagine the cost with the frame etc? And now you see why it's unlikely to happen.

Apart from the motorised stand and sound bar I don't see much difference between the Eclipse and a vastly cheaper set from LG.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

Just as a Rolls Royce Phantom is a BMW 7 series?

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL