BV Avant and BV 14 discontinued?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Achantus
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Founder
Achantus posted on Thu, Sep 14 2017 7:16 PM

Today I received an email from my dealer. The production of BV Avant and BV 14 has stopped. Remaining televisions can be ordered now from the factory.

Can somebody confirm this? If this is true there must be new Beovisions coming quite soon.

All Replies

didole
Not Ranked
45 Posts
Bronze Member
didole replied on Thu, Sep 14 2017 7:20 PM

Well, maybe they have finally accepted that they cannot make them work properly anyway?

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
129 Posts
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Thu, Sep 14 2017 7:25 PM

didole:

Well, maybe they have finally accepted that they cannot make them work properly anyway?

Thats not true, Avant 85" working like a charm, nothing wrong with it!

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
798 Posts
Gold Member

Achantus:

Today I received an email from my dealer. The production of BV Avant and BV 14 has stopped. Remaining televisions can be ordered now from the factory.

Can somebody confirm this? If this is true there must be new Beovisions coming quite soon.

Well the new BeoVision has already arrived, it's called the Eclipse and there is a very long thread about it already! As far as I am aware the Eclipse will be the current new model going forward with interchangeable panels in the years to come. B&O will only be using LG OLEDs from this point on. If they are going to create new designs then no news of that is known to the forum at this time.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,386 Posts
Bronze Member

Achantus:

could you please post the text of that email - I know nothing about the end of production of these tv's.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Achantus
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Founder

Kaikelle on hetkensä, nyt on viimeinen hetki tilata. 

Vuonna 2014 Bang & Olufsen julkaisi BeoVision Avant -television, joka vuonna 2016 päivittyi Android-älytelevisioksi tuoden mukanaan sovelluksia, jotka mahdollistivat musiikinkuuntelun ja televisio-ohjelmien katselun verkkopalveluiden avulla. Vuonna 2016 julkaistiin myös, suositun BeoVision 11 sarjan seuraaja, BeoVision 14.

Näiden kahden mallin valmistus on nyt lopetettu, mutta meillä on muutama kone vielä tehtaan varastolla saatavana. Mikäli jompikumpi näistä malleista on ollut harkinnassa, niin nyt on aika tilata. Toimi siis nopeasti.

(The text is in Finnish. You can use translating program.)

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,418 Posts
Bronze Member

Which Google translates as:

Everything has its moment, now is the last moment to order.
In 2014, Bang & Olufsen released BeoVision Avant, which in 2016 was upgraded to Android smart television, bringing with it applications that allowed music playback and TV viewing through online services. In 2016, BeoVision 14, the successor to the popular BeoVision 11 series, was also released.

The manufacture of these two models has now been terminated, but we have a few machines still available at the factory. If either one of these models has been in consideration, then it is time to order. So act fast.
Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
417 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 7:28 AM

The BeoVision Avant 55/75/85 production ended some time ago - I guess the 85 will be available for quite some time due to stock and number of sales.

Roger

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,386 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok! Thanks for clarifying.

This may mean, that we soon will see new BV 's (from the LG cooperatin).

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,386 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok! Thanks for clarifying.

This may mean, that we soon will see new BV 's (from the LG cooperatin).

MM

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
216 Posts
Gold Member
andy_js replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 10:28 AM

Where does this leave the folks that bought an Avant-NG or BV14?  To think, just as the on these sets are beginning to reach the state that it should have been in on DAY 1 they discontinue them.  It's a disgrace and they should all be ashamed.

mczac
Not Ranked
49 Posts
Bronze Member
mczac replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 11:04 AM

it looks like BO attempt with Android TV was a flop. I bought 2 x BV14 in the past 10 months and they seem to work kinda OK, but discontinuation might mean that future software updates and improvements will not be developed. If BO can't maintain and support BV14/Avant NG Android platform they should make it open source.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
693 Posts
Bronze Member

It does surprise me that they stop producing the BV14 after one year.

It all boils down to economics of scale. If the TVs do not sell enough/slower than predicted then it does not make sense to keep on producing them. Stop production and cut the costs.

But.. as a BV14 customer I hope that they continue to support and update the BV14 software wise. 

Karel.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,329 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 11:29 AM

kuyttendaele:

It does surprise me that they stop producing the BV14 after one year.

The irony is for me, it's still a stunning TV and much more balanced than the Eclipse. Shame there's no BV15 with OLED.

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
121 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 12:23 PM

kuyttendaele:

But.. as a BV14 customer I hope that they continue to support and update the BV14 software wise. 

Karel.

You are right. I think that if B&O neglects the custommers that bought a TV based on the Androïd-platform, they lose those custommers (to brands as Loewe for instance). I am not sure if B&O is currently in a position to have such an attitude. So I hope they continue to support the Androïd-platform. Keep in mind that the Androïd BV's improved, but are certainly not perfect yet.

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL