BV11 digital media renderer

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 39 Replies | 2 Followers

amnesia7
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member
amnesia7 posted on Fri, Aug 18 2017 11:19 PM

The digital media renderer (DMR) was working for me ok allowing me to use the "View on" and "Play on" from my phone to show/play stuff on the tv via the wifi network.

However, after a recent issue with the tv requiring it to be fully reset by a B&O engineer I now can't get the DMR function to work. I can't get my phone or laptop to find it as a DMR even though it is set as On in Menu > Setup > Network > Digital Media Renderer

Are there any other possible things that could affect its visibility/function on the network as a DMR?

I used this feature a few times so it was handy to have.

Whilst trying to find out why it's not working I have discovered that my phone can be a dlna server which I didn't realise before but it is handy for others to be able to push media/photos to the tv so it would be good to have it working again.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Col

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

amnesia7
Not Ranked
17 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) amnesia7 replied on Sat, Aug 19 2017 12:12 PM
Verified by Martin

I was informed about a software update for the tv just before the tv was reset so I didn't try it after that. Incidentally that didn't fix my issue which is why the tv was fully reset and is now on the latest version of the software so there is a possibility that the latest update could've affected it.

It would be good to know if the Digital Media Renderer is still working for someone else using a BV11(-40) on software version 1.0.11.37472

All Replies

Dion
Not Ranked
Perth, Australia
15 Posts
Bronze Member
Dion replied on Tue, May 15 2018 3:55 AM

Hi all,

Along with the DMR issue with the BeoSystem4 TVs, there is also a Dolby Digital Plus audio problem with some sources. This issue is detailed here -

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/25012.aspx?PageIndex=1

While the original thread is about the Nvidia Shield, I have recently discovered that the Google Chromecast suffers from this same problem (try casting Netflix to the Avant and all you get is PCM stereo even though 5.1 is available). This is a real shame as I think the Chromecast is a great way to keep these TV's "up to date".

Towards the end of the thread, you can see that B&O have a fix but have not released it to the public.

The BeoSystem4 TVs are awesome, but the software needs to be updated with fixes like the DMR issue and the Dolby issue otherwise they will become obsolete well before their time (especially considering the investment we have made)!

BeoWorld members with these TVs need to keep contacting BeoCare so that they are aware of the problems and the need to fix them. The more of us that do this the more chance there is it will be fixed. I will be doing this today and will report back.

Cheers,

Dion.

BeoVision Avant55 Mk1; Theatre with BeoSystem4; BeoPlay A9; BeoPlay A6; BeoPlay M5; BeoPlay H3 ANC

..and it all started 15 years ago with a pair of B&O A8 Earphones...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,639 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for metioning that.

However, I think that is a different issue.

The missing support of DD+ on these tv’s is probably a matter of licence fees - and nothing that will be ‘corrected’ now, I think.

This does not mean that you should not keep on reporting it to Beocare, but personally I have no big hopes for that.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
987 Posts
Bronze Member

Where am I happy my BeoSystem 3 can not be automatically updated.
Apple TV 3 to BV 7, and DD sound plays from Netflix movies, as always .. Lets have a Party !!!

/ Peter Pan

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,199 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi. 

I've attached the answer I have received from Beocare

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,639 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

Apple TV 3 to BV 7, and DD sound plays from Netflix movies, as always .. Lets have a Party !!!

/ Peter Pan

Not talking about regular DD here, but about Dolby Digital Plus (which the BSys3 also can not decode from bitstream).

The ATV’s can be set to decode DD+ to PCM, so no problem there....for either system.

The ‘trouble’ begins, when you use a source device (the mentioned Nvidia Shield) or a ‘bridge’ like the ChromeCast),

which can not do this decoding and only sends the bitstream.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
987 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you MM

So the Beo-people have to go for the ATV 3/4.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,639 Posts
Bronze Member

@Peter Pan

No, for the current, the 4 - or even the 4K - dependent on what they need.

The 3 was replaced in the fall of 2015 by the 4....with support for DD Plus.

A lot have already moved on from the 3 - but mostly because of the new tvOS with the ability of installing apps from the app store.

MM

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,199 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Fri, May 18 2018 7:13 AM

So I sent the message I received from Beocare to B&O South Africa, they have sent me the software and instructions on how to download it onto the Beovision. So I will give it a try hopefully this weekend and see if it solves the problem. I am sure it will. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,639 Posts
Bronze Member

I did the downgrade this morning (on my V1-32).

Will report back with more details and pics later on during the weekend.

But you must be aware, that you will loose the NetRadio function from the current version!!!

You also won’t be able to use and have direct access to Deezer.

As expected the DRM-function works again - from 3rd party apps (8Player etc), but not from within the Bang & Olufsen app.

Beware - if you come across the needed sw, that you are doing this downgrade on your own responsibility.

In my case it ran smooth and without problems - same goes for the following upgrade to the current version, which I did less than half an hour after the downgrade ;-)

I’ll stick to the newest version - in the end Netradio is more important to me than the DRM-function.

MM

Dion
Not Ranked
Perth, Australia
15 Posts
Bronze Member
Dion replied on Tue, May 22 2018 3:44 AM

Hi All,

I have been discussing both BeoSytem4 issues with BeoCare - the DMR functionality and the incorrect EDID identification for Dolby Digital Plus.

As has been mentioned elsewhere on the forums, the current solution to get the DMR functionality back is to downgrade. The current solution that fixes the Dolby Digital Plus issue is to request the pre-release software through your dealer.

I have confirmed with BeoCare that the DMR problem still exists in the pre-release software and therefore we can currently fix one problem or the other, but not both.

The person at BeoCare that I have been corresponding with did say that the next official version of the software should include both fixes, but he was not able to confirm when it would be released.

Not great news, but there you go.

Dion.

BeoVision Avant55 Mk1; Theatre with BeoSystem4; BeoPlay A9; BeoPlay A6; BeoPlay M5; BeoPlay H3 ANC

..and it all started 15 years ago with a pair of B&O A8 Earphones...

Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL