MLGW Trigger Light when pressing CD on Beo4

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

bigdeniz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member
bigdeniz posted on Fri, Aug 4 2017 6:17 PM

I want to trigger my Philips Hue Light if i press CD on Beo4 with my MLGW in my bedroom with a BeoLab 3500. The Light command works perfectly. I used custom strings to switch the light on for example but i can't make a macro where i can trigger the Philips Hue custom string with pressing CD on the Beo4.

If i make a new Macro i can only select BeoLink Control and BeoLink Light Commands.

Is it not possible with the MLGW and only works with the newer BeoLink Gateway? Can anybody help me?

All Replies

PhilLondon
Top 25 Contributor
London
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member
The MLGW, and more generally the ML protocol, have not conceived to work in that way.

The CD command will be forwarded to the Audio Master if there is one and not seen by the mlgw.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons. Other apps: ConsltThe Story Mouse

bigdeniz
Not Ranked
40 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok, so this is only possible with the BeoLink Gateway and Netlink products and not with ML products?

PhilLondon
Top 25 Contributor
London
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't think it makes a difference NL or ML.

What you need to do is make a scene that when a control key is pressed starts your CD and turns on the light. That's what scenes are for, triggering several elements at the same time.

p.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons. Other apps: ConsltThe Story Mouse

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL