rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 69 Replies | 3 Followers

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,281 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen posted on Sun, Jul 30 2017 9:27 AM

Before the hype is getting unstoppable, I'd like to know what are the pros and cons of having a Loewe tv?

Is it only good if you compare it to a standalone BeoVision?

Or is it also good, when you already have a otherweise well functioning Beo-ecosystem/BeoLink setup?

Or a BeoVision as a full multichannel setup?

Does it require a radical change of your existing setup, then?

Is it worth sacrificing eg the excellent BV11 with PUC-controlled external devices linked to old and new B&O audio devices and other BV's.....controlled by one remote?

So, what are the pros and cons of exchanging the BV for a Loewe tv?

(How much/how often would you benefit from the cons - eg the picture specs - in daily living with the tv)

For whom/in which situations is a Loewe tv better?

And what if a new BV had roughly the same pricetag as a Loewe Bild 7/9?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,554 Posts
Gold Member

Hi crossbytje,

If you use either the Loewe TV headphone/audio out socket (for stereo sound), or the DAL/Audiolink socket (for surround sound) to Beolab speakers via a direct cable connection, then there is no audio delay.  Connecting via either of these outputs to a Transmitter 1 for a WiSA link to Beolab speakers should be almost instantaneous, with no noticeable delay.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
614 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Sat, Aug 5 2017 11:35 AM

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

Hi crossbytje,

If you use either the Loewe TV headphone/audio out socket (for stereo sound), or the DAL/Audiolink socket (for surround sound) to Beolab speakers via a direct cable connection, then there is no audio delay.  Connecting via either of these outputs to a Transmitter 1 for a WiSA link to Beolab speakers should be almost instantaneous, with no noticeable delay.

Kind regards, Steve.

I don't know if this can help but there is a parameter in the TV sound menu to adjust the sound to synchronize the lips movement with the sound for each tv channel in case of delay (-100 to +100 by steps of 10).

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
122 Posts
Bronze Member

Great!

I'd prefer a cable connection anyway.

One concern I have left is the processing delay of the TV itself. While it may output sound in sync with the image, both could be equally delayed with respect to the source due to signal (image) processing in the TV.
The potential problem is due to the source managing the AirPlay speakers, being unaware that it's outputted signal is delayed further down the road.
Though I guess there is a monitor setting on all TV's minimizing input lag, which would solve this problem. This would furthermore only be a concern for music (as the 'multiroom' AirPlay speakers would not be used for watching content, only listening).

The only downside I still see is that the built-in Radio of the Loewe would not be able to feed the AirPlay speakers in other rooms, or is there a solution for this? Is there a device that takes as input the radio sound of the tv, and streams it to AirPlay speakers without delay?
A workaround would be to use itunes on the mac as source for internet radio.

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,416 Posts
Bronze Member
Beolabs integrate very well with Loewe TVs:

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 8000 (Fronts and Rears) and Beolab 2. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all White)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
kallasr:

Beolabs integrate very well with Loewe TVs:

Beosystem 4 with Beolab 7-6 on table stand (Center), Beolab 8000 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Screen: Sony 55W905A. BeoVision 4-50 HD ready (D9) with Beosystem 3 MK I with Beolab 7-2 on table stand (Center) and Loewe L1 via Beolink Passive Amp (Fronts). Beovision 7-40 MK III on motorised stand with Beolab 7-2. Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket with Beolab 5000 Speakers. Beovox Cona + Beovox CX100 White with Yamaha Stereo with Bluetooth dongle for iPhone/iPad. In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000.

Nice ... Snow White Nice ❄️❄️❄️

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
And the 1st picture the BL11 really looks like a plump 🐧

BeoNut since '75

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,822 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Aug 15 2017 2:51 PM

elephant:
And the 1st picture the BL11 really looks like a plump 🐧

I had a white BL11 and sold it. I still have a silver, which was hidden behind the BV11! The silver one is a tiny bit (visually) better.

Really funny - when I had two BL11s, no-one wanted it as a trade-in as dealers told me no-one wanted to buy one!

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
614 Posts
Bronze Member

From what I read, Loewe is again to bankruptcy (much more severe this time) and they stopped the factory on July 1st. It was the last TV manufacturer manufacturing in Europe. B&O, if they survive, will be the only remaining high end TV  option... unless if they find new investors to bring quickly fresh money or if a well know healthy brand buys the name Loewe and goes on building upper quality TVs. This is as well a dramatic event for all the employees who may loose their jobs :-( . It seems as well that aftersale service and warranty will be lost for the customers.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,466 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Jul 3 2019 6:32 PM

Their biggest problem from what I've read is they had 400 unionized workers they couldn't easily or affordably get rid of due to Germany's union laws when they actually need 100-150 workers. This bankruptcy may allow a new buyer to come along and be free of the labor union contracts and able to restart the company with a more rational number of workers, or even perhaps move production to the Czech Republic as an option.

They were apparently selling TV sets well but couldn't support the labor costs.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

Shame as I think Loewe had potential to make a difference. If I wasn't such a B&O fan I would almost certainly have gone the Loewe route, but B&O always won me over. Simon. 

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

Page 5 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL